Imagine if these came back and saved us

2 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

If these players actually get fit next season we could see a team as below which would be good enough for league 1.  Key will be adding some young highly rated players to the team if we can 

New GK

Iorfa   Dunkley  Borner 

Palmer                                   New LWB

Paterson  Luongo  Bannan 

Windass     New CF 

You get a mobile wing back and big solid but youthful striker with additional squad depth to compete in each position and you're looking half decent.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Holmowl said:

I don’t think Chey gets into our best Xl.

Hutch - Lees - Borner 

Luongo walks into our best Xl.

I give you the new Abdi, so Better make sure he walks, otherwise hell be out injured.... Again

Makes hutch look like the superleage man of Steel winner. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Personally hope they leave at the end of the season, Dunkley was one of the stupidest signings we have made and we seem to have turned Luongo in to a real injury prone player, shame because when fit he is very useful. 

Hope you just came off a night shift. Else your waking up talking out yer arse.

11 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

If these players actually get fit next season we could see a team as below which would be good enough for league 1.  Key will be adding some young highly rated players to the team if we can 

New GK

Iorfa   Dunkley  Borner 

Paterson  Luongo  Bannan 

Windass     New CF 

TBH our current team should have been good enough to remain in the Championship....so wouldn't be so confident about LG1.

13 hours ago, sternlad said:

From what we've seen so far Luongo would have trouble walking into a doctor's waiting room.

Yes,another player made of biscuit,we need to copy Barnsleys blueprint for recruitment,and bringing players through...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

New GK

Iorfa   Dunkley  Borner 

Paterson  Luongo  Bannan 

Windass     New CF 

If DM gets his way and brings his own players in there isn't a chance we're playing 352 next season

22 minutes ago, Gob_Bluth said:

If DM gets his way and brings his own players in there isn't a chance we're playing 352 next season

Thanks, not the point I was making.  It was that if the players get fit we will still have about 8 players who are good enough for league 1.  Considering we may have transfer issues again 

• Like 1

Don’t get people saying that it was stupid buying Luongo cos of the injuries.

Before he came here he was an almost ever present for both Swindon and QPR.

Tony Pulis came out himself and said that he rushed Luongo back and was playing him whilst still technically injured. That’s the issue right there. Carlos did the same with Kieran Lee and we turned another ever-present who kept themselves in pristine condition, into a crock who nearly had to retire prematurely & instead of pushing upwards to a team his form WAS deserving of, he ended up at Bolton in the end in league two.

So don’t give me the rubbish that we shouldn’t have bought Massimo. It’s the club’s fault that he’s got the injury record he’s now got. 

As for Dunkley, yes it was stupid to bring in a player who was still recovering from a double leg break and that’s mistake number one. Mistake number two, again, is not managing his return correctly and simply rushing him back. 

We brought in Aden Flint who hadn’t played in ages and then we injured him by shoving him straight into the first 11 and had him play god knows how many full games on the spin & he got injured. Another guy who didn’t really pick up many injuries before.

The club has a horrendous injury record but little wonder when you break it down like the above. It’s simply not just ‘cos the players are crocks’ 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Thanks, not the point I was making.  It was that if the players get fit we will still have about 8 players who are good enough for league 1.  Considering we may have transfer issues again 

Fair ppoint , lining them up in the 352 is what confused me 🤣

8 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Luongo isn’t a crock ffs, just been terribly unlucky this season. People need to use that term properly 

It is a horrible characterisation that a player has intrinsic flaws that make him a ‘crock’. Luongo seems to have had a mixture of bad luck and mismanagement that has led to here. The problem is that once these injuries set in its very difficult to come back fully. I remember Michael Owen talking about playing with fear after having a lot of injuries which led him to get more injuries as he would basically seize up. Getting players back from long term multiple injuries is a nightmare. I hope we manage Luongo properly and let him ease into training. Let’s face it we are going to need him next year!

Guest wilyfox

We’re a better team with Luongo, that’s for sure. He’s a good player. Think Lees keeps Dunkley out the side. His natural successor for us in league one though.