Official :6 English teams agree to Super League

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

Isn't 14 the number which they need to carry forward a decision among their members? Have the big 6 left themselves open to being told to take their hook? 

They know the PL is dead without them. Plus all the Sky/BT money disappears.

Won't happen.

Will it?

4 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

Excellent.

Like I said above, the competition is null and void as of today, and every single fixture involving the 6 should either be forfeited or intentionally spoiled. Leeds should set the tone for tomorrow's meeting by failing to fulfil tonight's game vs Liverpool. 

But the EPL would then kick Leeds out

1 minute ago, Dronfield Blue said:

They know the PL is dead without them. Plus all the Sky/BT money disappears.

Won't happen.

Will it?

I don't think it will, unfortunately. 

55 minutes ago, Neal M said:

The U.S. DOJ has been targeting FIFA for years - not just over fraud and corruption - but on antitrust issues too.

Nothing would attract an antitrust law suit quicker than FIFA banning an ESL player from a World Cup. 

Legally, my money is firmly on the ESL here. 

Probably more to do with US desire to control absolutely everything combined with lobbying from other US sporting interests than any real attempt at justice and equity.

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

Hope they vote to kick the 6 out.

Just looked at the owners of the rest of the Premier League clubs.

I have seen Parrish and Leeds owner comment against the ESL but both clubs have American owners who part own the clubs so could (if they agree with the ESL) put pressure on Parrish/Radrizzani. Burnley are now owned by Americans and Fulham too (the guy who tried to buy Wembley I think). Villa and West Ham also have Americans who are part owners too. Then you have to think what owners of others think as there are some Chinese owners and of course we have the Saudis at the Lane. There maybe some sort of sweetener offered by the "big six". I wouldn't be surprised if we see B teams in the Premier League at all. I may be wrong on this, but don't you need 14 votes for some sort of structural change in the EPL?

Guest whowantstoberich
16 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I’m for it mate, been saying I hope this happens for ages

Shocking 

One point a lot of people are missing is that this isn’t about the fans, if they want to go to SL games then i’m sure they’ll be welcome once they’ve sold a kidney to buy a ticket - if they don’t, given the amounts of money involved, then i don’t think the clubs will give a throw. The clubs haven’t even considered the suporters. It’ll be like F1 whereby they don’t need fans at the circuits any more.

Taking that a stage further, the BIG worry is that more money - Sky, bt, etc - will gravitate towards the SL and away from the devalued Premier League and especially the EFL. That happens and it’ll be an earthquake for British football.

UEFA President Ceferin was particularly critical of Manchester United executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward and Juventus chairman Andrea Agnelli, who have both stepped down from their roles at Uefa.

Agnelli was also a long-time president of the European Club Association (ECA), from which all 12 clubs involved in the ESL have resigned.

"He's probably one of the biggest disappointments, or the biggest disappointment of all," said Ceferin.

"I don't want to be too personal. But the fact is that I've never seen a person that would lie so many times, so persistently that he did was unbelievable.

"I spoke with him also on Saturday afternoon. He said, 'These are all only rumours. Don't worry, nothing is going on'. And then he said, 'I'll call you in one hour'. And he turned off the phone."

On Woodward, Ceferin added: "I didn't have much contact with him but he called me last Thursday in the evening sayingthat he's very satisfied with the [Champions League] reforms, that he fully supports the reforms, and that the only thing he would like to speak about is about financial fair play. 

"And obviously he already signed something else."

11 minutes ago, whowantstoberich said:

Why will it? Top 6 or no top 6 i would watch English football all day long over European 

I quite agree. But all the so called “fans” abroad (outside of the nationa involved) will be squealing in delight.

Global sponsors and TV rights would raise a huge amount of money as they assume we’ll be watching it and the consequence will be less money trickling down to domestic leagues in terms of TV money.

Why are we even bothering to discuss, what’s going on at the top levels of the game? We are so far removed from this league,  that we should not even have an opinion on it. After passionately following Wednesday for over 50 years, I’ve lost all interest. I couldn’t care less anymore.

I feel so sorry for you young Wednesdayites, you’ve had your footballing “heart and soul” ripped out of you.

2 minutes ago, Dizzys Dad said:

Why are we even bothering to discuss, what’s going on at the top levels of the game? We are so far removed from this league,  that we should not even have an opinion on it.

Nah, the supporters are screwed over no matter what happens—so you might as well grab your popcorn and enjoy it as the greedy folks break out into open civil war.