Official :6 English teams agree to Super League

2 minutes ago, westy365owl said:

Is it just me that's already sick of hearing Gary Nevile state how he's disgusted that man united are planning on doing this 

This would be the same Manchester United that withdrew from the FA Cup to play in a fifa tournament instead 

Tbf he has been great to listen too and seems a voice for all the fans 

• Like 3

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned. 

but ..

who’s going to referee the ESL games ?  The current crop of officials are all affiliated to uefa?

or are the ESL planning on taking the top rated officials too 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

I suppose it will depend if there is something in UEFA rules about not being allowed to play in games that arnt sanctioned by the governing body's. 

There is, it's also in FIFA & the FA's rules

Just now, ANDY said:

but ..

who’s going to referee the ESL games ?  The current crop of officials are all affiliated to uefa?

Everything will be decided by VAR (sponsored by Budweiser)

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

UEFA rules won't be a bearing on any court cases if they are breaking the law by not allowing players to ply their trade.

But they aren't preventing the players from plying their trade. They will be plying their trade in the ESL.

5 minutes ago, westy365owl said:

Is it just me that's already sick of hearing Gary Nevile state how he's disgusted that man united are planning on doing this 

This would be the same Manchester United that withdrew from the FA Cup to play in a fifa tournament instead 

He's not Manchester United though, and he didn't pull them out of the FA Cup. 

People are so desperate to find ways of making people they don't like to be some sort of hypocrite. I saw an idiot earlier in the thread saying he can't complain because he played in the Champions League. 

He's spoken out against the club he supports and played for his entire career, fair play to him I say. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

But if they want to play in the Premier and the club has offered them a position 

Presumably you mean if a player goes from Man Utd to Burnley? That would be a transfer, don't see a problem with that, but loans would presumably be a no, no.

5 minutes ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

He's not Manchester United though, and he didn't pull them out of the FA Cup. 

People are so desperate to find ways of making people they don't like to be some sort of hypocrite. I saw an idiot earlier in the thread saying he can't complain because he played in the Champions League. 

He's spoken out against the club he supports and played for his entire career, fair play to him I say. 

And the way he spoke was raw and just like a real football fan ...he is a great pundit I really like him.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ANDY said:

but ..

I'm sure they will be able to find some 'umpires' from somewhere.