Official :6 English teams agree to Super League

10 minutes ago, Grimesthorpian said:

One point a lot of people are missing is that this isn’t about the fans, if they want to go to SL games then i’m sure they’ll be welcome once they’ve sold a kidney to buy a ticket - if they don’t, given the amounts of money involved, then i don’t think the clubs will give a throw. The clubs haven’t even considered the suporters. It’ll be like F1 whereby they don’t need fans at the circuits any more.

Taking that a stage further, the BIG worry is that more money - Sky, bt, etc - will gravitate towards the SL and away from the devalued Premier League and especially the EFL. That happens and it’ll be an earthquake for British football.

Who cares?  Let the TV money go.

Clubs will be far better off if they have to balance the budgets based on ticket sales and there is no more incentive for shady foreign businessmen to get involved chasing that Premiership 'promised land'.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Hope they vote to kick the 6 out.

That’s what they should do. If you want your super league have it but you aren’t coming back. There should be no teams from these clubs because I’m sure they are thinking they can have feet in both camps. It’s now upto UEFA the premier league and the FA to put them in their place. Will they? I doubt it they will come up with a compromise highly weighted in the super league favour. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

How do we move further away from the top? They’re not joining the EFL. Teams could leave therefore we get closer to the top

When I was a kid in the early 80s getting promoted to the top flight playing Arsenal Spurs Man United and Liverpool were one of the reasons I got excited about watching this sport ...without the big teams we lose it all.

If there was a league were Everton and WHU were the high flyers it would make it less appealing and questions would always asked what would these teams do if the big six were allowed back, it would make it shìt if you want my honest opinion not to mention the repercussions on the small clubs further down the leagues.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, DeBilde'sTea said:

Too many games they moan.

What they mean is, too many games against opposition thst are beneath us

Yes the poor dears can’t play 2 games a week now. They play friendly internationals and the managers complain if the play more than 60 minutes.  

As much as I am in agreement with their opposition to it, I’ll fully expect all these virtue signaling ex-pros turned pundits and tv presenters to quit their tv jobs if their employer is a chosen platform for this ESL?

• Love 1

Maybe this is overly optimistic of me... but I hope this debacle gives FIFA, UEFA, the FA, etc a bit of a rocket up their arses and they start doing what’s best for the game as opposed to what’s best for corporate interests.

Feels like a culmination of how big money has been allowed to take over the people’s game more and more for the past couple of decades 

54 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

It will change football without a doubt, but how you come to the conclusion that it will make it better is beyond me. 

It's closing the door on most clubs, all of the fans and making sure that some very rich powerful men make even more money and grab even more power.

........and that's what it's really all about!

• Like 1