Official :6 English teams agree to Super League

4 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

For most fans this is really a non event.

Am I bothered at all whether its Man Utd vs Burnley or Man Utd vs Barca on TV on Wednesday nights - not in the slightest to be honest.  The Champions League is generally pretty miserable viewing, the UEFA cup even more so.    If anything this is very funny seeing how Man Utd and Liverpool fans lose their minds over it all.

When was the last time you watched many Champions League games?

The group stage is a money making exercise that appeases the Champions of the minor leagues but the knockout games are far from miserable viewing if you like top quality football.

4 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

For most fans this is really a non event.

Am I bothered at all whether its Man Utd vs Burnley or Man Utd vs Barca on TV on Wednesday nights - not in the slightest to be honest.  The Champions League is generally pretty miserable viewing, the UEFA cup even more so.    If anything this is very funny seeing how Man Utd and Liverpool fans lose their minds over it all.

It will devalue the Premier League as a competition. It will create an even more closed shop at the top. And the 6 clubs involved will treat the domestic leagues as a youth or reserve team game.

38 additional games for the clubs signed up. How is that not going to have a terrible impact on domestic football in this country? 

The Premier League isn’t for everyone but I enjoy it as a competition and it’s just took a major blow. 

It stinks.

• Like 2

Just now, sheffield_dave said:

It's current marketability. 

Tottenham play in London and have just built a massive new stadium. Their merit starts and ends there. Past success has got sod all to do with it.

Southampton have been relegated before. Do you mean Everton? I don't think they have been.

Yeah I get that. It's still rubbish though. The current success clubs taken forward to a league with no relegation for evermore. 

My bad, yep Everton. 

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

When was the last time you watched many Champions League games?

The group stage is a money making exercise that appeases the Champions of the minor leagues but the knockout games are far from miserable viewing if you like top quality football.

The two legs between PSG and Bayern this year were some of the best football I've seen in ages. Two fantastic games.

Perhaps someone should think about inviting them to the Super League.

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

It will devalue the Premier League as a competition. It will create an even more closed shop at the top. And the 6 clubs involved will treat the domestic leagues as a youth or reserve team game.

38 additional games for the clubs signed up. How is that not going to have a terrible impact on domestic football in this country? 

The Premier League isn’t for everyone but I enjoy it as a competition and it’s just took a major blow. 

It stinks.

Too many games they moan.

What they mean is, too many games against opposition thst are beneath us

• Like 4

Guest whowantstoberich
37 minutes ago, TheGaffer said:

Anyone else find it mental that SSN are still talking about the importance of Ryan Mason and Mourinho sacking?

A sports news channel reporting sports news, how bizarre.

1 minute ago, BIG D said:

Premier League meeting called tomorrow  for the remaining 14 clubs

Excellent.

Like I said above, the competition is null and void as of today, and every single fixture involving the 6 should either be forfeited or intentionally spoiled. Leeds should set the tone for tomorrow's meeting by failing to fulfil tonight's game vs Liverpool. 

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

It stinks.

And they will have so much money and power that their reserve teams will be able to win the PL anyway. If it so happens that someone else was to be rude enough to win the PL, these lot will then decide whether they want them in their private party for a year. 

Disgusting really. 

We would be better off without them overall if they go down this route but I can't see the PL having the balls to cut them off - due to money.

2 minutes ago, DeBilde'sTea said:

Too many games they moan.

What they mean is, too many games against opposition thst are beneath us

Absolutely. All those managers who moan about too many fixtures and then this is announced?

These billionaire owners are absolute aliens. Completely out of touch with the game.

Guest whowantstoberich
35 minutes ago, Eastern said:

Jokes aside, I’d love to know what Chansiri is thinking.

This Euro Superleague means he’ll never get his investment back.

The money in the domestic game will only now go down.

Why will it? Top 6 or no top 6 i would watch English football all day long over European 

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

And they will have so much money and power that their reserve teams will be able to win the PL anyway. If it so happens that someone else was to be rude enough to win the PL, these lot will then decide whether they want them in their private party for a year. 

Disgusting really. 

We would be better off without them overall if they go down this route but I can't see the PL having the balls to cut them off - due to money.

The Premier League could make a massive stand based on morals and principle here.

Bet you they won’t though.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Premier League meeting called tomorrow  for the remaining 14 clubs

Isn't 14 the number which they need to carry forward a decision among their members? Have the big 6 left themselves open to being told to take their hook? 

3 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

The two legs between PSG and Bayern this year were some of the best football I've seen in ages. Two fantastic games.

Perhaps someone should think about inviting them to the Super League.

Don’t watch champions league football because I refuse to pay for it. But won tickets last year to see Bayern dismantle Spurs at White Hart Lane. Spurs are in, Bayern are out. Tells you all you need to know.