Official :6 English teams agree to Super League

Just now, Neal M said:

The U.S. DOJ has been targeting FIFA for years - not just over fraud and corruption - but on antitrust issues too.

Nothing would attract an antitrust law suit quicker than FIFA banning an ESL player from a World Cup. 

Legally, my money is firmly on the ESL here. 

Unfortunately, I think you are right.

Just now, Dronfield Blue said:

Another 3 have already agreed to come on board according to the press.

That's 15.

You would think that Morgan Stanley a huge banking empire would have spotted the problem with the maths here?

We know who it ISN'T... who IS?

Roma?

With no German clubs, no Porto and no PSG, I'm struggling to think of big European clubs who could make up the numbers? Time will tell.

10 minutes ago, Rogers said:

The games with the top teams battling it out are usually boring games; it’s the Newcastle vs Liverpool games, Southampton beating Man Utd because of their grey kit, these are the EPL games that are remembered. 

The games with the so called big clubs are often dire to watch.

0-0 games whereby I wish I hadn’t bothered.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dronfield Blue said:

Another 3 have already agreed to come on board according to the press.

That's 15.

You would think that Morgan Stanley a huge banking empire would have spotted the problem with the maths here?

Who are they? I think its said PSG Dortmund, B Munich and Porto are apposed to it.

17 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

The other 14 clubs want sanctions now on these 6 clubs ...they literally want them thrown out of the league.

Some of the American owners cannot understand they they are relegations and promotions....lol

The PL is a private company owned by all 20 clubs. I believe any proposals or rule changes need 70% of the clubs agree to be passed, which is 14 clubs.

So in theory the 14 other clubs could vote the 'greedy' 6 out and replace them with other clubs but I could see massive legal battles ensuing. from the 6.

Maybe it could see the PL disbanded and we see the 14 remaining clubs join up again with the EFL to reform the league again into a strong national league with 4 divisions as before. I'm would be for that, a strong competitive and financially more even EFL as it was pre the PL breakaway. Stuff the greedy 6, they would soon be forgotten.

They could even give it a fancy name like the English Super League :ph34r:.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

So if this is about the far East or USA viewing figures.

Are these super league matches going to kick off at stupid times on a Wednesday to maximise viewings?

Let's be honest viewing figures in the USA are not going to improve much if the games are playing at 1300 midweek. People have jobs.

• Like 1

Just now, StudentOwl said:

We know who it ISN'T... who IS?

Roma?

With no German clubs, no Porto and no PSG, I'm struggling to think of big European clubs who could make up the numbers? Time will tell.

I'm not sure about PSG.

The Germans, they won't come on board, but, the ESL has said 5 other teams can qualify on merit. If the ESL win the legal battle and everything goes their way, I can't see the Germans refusing the sort of money on offer.

They have saved face by not joining as a founder member, so would be squeaky clean in terms of reputation.

1 minute ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

The PL is a private company owned by all 20 clubs. I believe any proposals or rule changes need 70% of the clubs agree to be passed, which is 14 clubs.

So in theory the 14 other clubs could vote the 'greedy' 6 out and replace them with other clubs but I could see massive legal battles ensuing. from the 6.

Maybe it could see the PL disbanded and we see the 14 remaining clubs join up again with the EFL to reform the league again into a strong national league with 4 divisions as before. I'm would be for that, a strong competitive and financially more even EFL as it was pre the PL breakaway. Stuff the greedy 6, they would soon be forgotten.

They could even give it a fancy name like the English Super League :ph34r:.

According to an un named person on the board of one of the big six their owner have done their homework and if it comes that they are excluded or expelled from the PL they don't give a monkey because 'this is the future' and ' the good of football is a secondary concern ' 

This is a direct quote from a board member.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, trev said:

So if this is about the far East or USA viewing figures.

Are these super league matches going to kick off at stupid times on a Wednesday to maximise viewings?

Let's be honest viewing figures in the USA are not going to improve much if the games are playing at 1300 midweek. People have jobs.

17.30 ET kick off?

Would finish at midnight here.

1 minute ago, Dronfield Blue said:

I'm not sure about PSG.

The Germans, they won't come on board, but, the ESL has said 5 other teams can qualify on merit. If the ESL win the legal battle and everything goes their way, I can't see the Germans refusing the sort of money on offer.

They have saved face by not joining as a founder member, so would be squeaky clean in terms of reputation.

PSG - they will join 

Marseille -  have an current US owner, soon to be sold to Emirates money men 

Wouldn’t be surprised if a Russian team suddenly became big in all if this 

2 minutes ago, Dronfield Blue said:

17.30 ET kick off?

Would finish at midnight here.

Still too early for central and West coast.

Nobody wants to watch a footy match at 1730 anyways.

1 minute ago, Rogers said:

PSG - they will join 

Marseille -  have an current US owner, soon to be sold to Emirates money men 

Wouldn’t be surprised if a Russian team suddenly became big in all if this 

Locamotiv Moscow haven't won a European match since god knows lol