Official :6 English teams agree to Super League

1 minute ago, TaxiMark said:

Sounds good in theory but never going to happen.

Football clubs have outstanding debts with the reliance of the money being trickled down ...all this would do is make them go bust.

Also do you think the players would take a pay cut just to stay here ? 

Most would probably move to China making their leagues more competitive...would I mind ? No .

I've been banging this drum for years that money has killed this game and if there was to be a 'Great reset' - Kudos!

Unfortunately I agree completely, it is a best case scenario that I feel is unlikely to actually happen. 

I would have an endless amount of respect for Leeds (now there's a sentence I never thought I'd say) if they just picked up the ball at kick off, Peter Kay'd it into the stands and just walked straight off.

The Premier League is null and void as a competition as of today and not a single fixture involving these six teams should be allowed to go ahead with any sort of competitive merit. It's a shame there's no fans in. As far as their involvement or contribution to English football is concerned they should be made to be as farcical as possible as of 8pm today. 

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, Dronfield Blue said:

Well, even the ESL doesn't have enough power to force time zone changes.

Do it on a rota basis?

The PL is watched all over the world, the time difference doesn't seem to deter people.

Agreed but weekend games are not as bad. But this is apparently midweek only.

I just think it's going to be interesting to see how much they pander to the viewing world with regards to timings. Especially if Europeans don't watch.

2 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

It will just be a constant stream of soulless and cringeworthy exhibition matches.  Like the harlem globetrotter.  After the 1st quarter we have  ball skils from foden..After 18 months the players will realise how crap it is.  Not suee how football has gone on this long without being regulated.

The main European leagues are now completely dominated by these super league teams.  Bayern Munich, Juve - they win the league year after year.  Same with Madrid and Barca in Spain.  

To be fair some of their players must be bored of it by now.  

1 minute ago, Neal M said:

Agree with PSG.

But Russian teams don’t have the overseas fan base. Their value to the ESL is fizz all.

Once the Germans see this is really happening, Bayern will definitely join. Possibly Dortmund too.

145m people in Russia

They might ask Seville, who seem to win the Europa league a lot. 6 times in the last 15 years. 

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

Why the hell does it need streamlining?  This is about greed and nothing else.  

Football needs a reset sooner rather than later to progress in the longer term. If you don’t think so then fair enough but this is going to be the catalyst for change whether you or others like it or not?

Totally expecting more than 20 clubs to be invited once the clubs get kicked out of their respective leagues which will happen. This current format is just dipping their toe in the water. This is going to be big and change football forever just like Kerry Packers World Series changed Cricket, for the better I might add.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Rogers said:

Man City and Chelsea were sh!thouse for many a year and Spurs  haven’t won anything for years 

Sevilla have won the Spanish Cup twice and the Europa League 4 times since Spurs last won a trophy, not a big money making conglomerate though so no automatic place for them among the 'elite'.

2 minutes ago, Jim said:

Football needs a reset sooner rather than later to progress in the longer term. If you don’t think so then fair enough but this is going to be the catalyst for change whether you or others like it or not?

Totally expecting more than 20 clubs to be invited once the clubs get kicked out of their respective leagues which will happen. This current format is just dipping their toe in the water. This is going to be big and change football forever just like Kerry Packers World Series changed Cricket, for the better I might add.

This isn't a reset. 

It's burning the whole thing down to the ground.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rogers said:

145m people in Russia

They might ask Seville, who seem to win the Europa league a lot. 6 times in the last 15 years. 

Most of the 145m haven’t got a pot to ******** in.

They make Doncaster look like Monte Carlo.

• Haha 1

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

6 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

I would have an endless amount of respect for Leeds (now there's a sentence I never thought I'd say) if they just picked up the ball at kick off, Peter Kay'd it into the stands and just walked straight off.

The Premier League is null and void as a competition as of today and not a single fixture involving these six teams should be allowed to go ahead with any sort of competitive merit. It's a shame there's no fans in. As far as their involvement or contribution to English football is concerned they should be made to be as farcical as possible as of 8pm today. 

Now, I would pay to watch the ESL if Peter Kay was commentating.

6 minutes ago, ohgoditsjames said:

And the 1961 title since Tottenham won that one and we came second.

Before my time that one though. I want to be able to say I witnessed the team that won the league - and celebrate the fact 30 years later! 

1 minute ago, Jim said:

It will change football without a doubt, but how you come to the conclusion that it will make it better is beyond me. 

It's closing the door on most clubs, all of the fans and making sure that some very rich powerful men make even more money and grab even more power.

• Like 1