Official :6 English teams agree to Super League

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Dunno good question its one of those question you can't really answer rose-tinted specs and all that, things were always better years ago, when they actually weren't. 

Although sometimes they were!

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

We had a flag made for the Rotherham Owls the lad who did it. Had it done in no time at all.  Reckon once they have the design and material the actual printing doesn't take all that long.

When we came out the ground after the League Cup final victory against Man Utd they were selling t-shirts in the car park celebrating our victory with the scoreline on it.

3 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Or you think they were, but you could be mistaken.

Steam trains, fish & chips, pubs, public transport.

There's a few to be getting on with.

18 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

For every 1 protesting scally doing that there will be 1000 kids in China and elsewhere who cant wait to see (and pay to see) Liverpool play the best teams in Europe most mid weeks.

I am amazed at the reaction to this.  These clubs and the Premier League have absolutely stolen the game over the past 30 years - tickets that fans can't afford, hiding all of their fixtures on high cost TV.  As I have said before, the viewing figures for BT Sport, Ifollow and Sky are appalling.  Less than 1 in 50 people in the UK typically watch a Premier League game on Sky.  BT is even worse.  Football has turned into a popular sport that barely anyone watches anymore.  It is a highlights sport now - a youtube 10 minutes - and people enjoy talking about it more than actually watching it.  SWFC no different - the worse part of it is actually watching Sheffield Wednesday play.  The best bits are everything else including owlstalk.

What is happening here is like having a nose hair gently pulled out, having been beaten black and blue every day for the last 30 years.  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

That's what i'm saying the players are technically better now.

You think pelepussy is “ technically better” than let’s say Gary Shelton, Gary Megson, Carlton Palmer as a defensive mid field player ?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

For every 1 protesting scally doing that there will be 1000 kids in China and elsewhere who cant wait to see (and pay to see) Liverpool play the best teams in Europe most mid weeks.

I am amazed at the reaction to this.  These clubs and the Premier League have absolutely stolen the game over the past 30 years - tickets that fans can't afford, hiding all of their fixtures on high cost TV.  As I have said before, the viewing figures for BT Sport, Ifollow and Sky are appalling.  Less than 1 in 50 people in the UK typically watch a Premier League game on Sky.  BT is even worse.  Football has turned into a popular sport that barely anyone watches anymore.  It is a highlights sport now - a youtube 10 minutes - and people enjoy talking about it more than actually watching it.  SWFC no different - the worse part of it is actually watching Sheffield Wednesday play.  The best bits are everything else including owlstalk.

What is happening here is like having a nose hair gently pulled out, having been beaten black and blue every day for the last 30 years.  

Has to be the post of the thread... no idea what point you are making though... Nose hair?

18 minutes ago, DeBilde'sTea said:

Here's Spurs stunning record. Was it that FA Cup from 1991 or the league title from the 60s that got them in the super league? 

Screenshot_20210419-162802_Gallery.jpg

Indeed. A team that hasn't even won the Premier League thinks they deserve to be called a world class team in a closed shop competition. Beggars belief.

9 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Dunno good question its one of those question you can't really answer rose-tinted specs and all that, things were always better years ago, when they actually weren't. 

If we have a league to draw away the teams that have an unfair advantage because they appeal to masses of Asian and American fans  we can get back to teams being supported by their local areas and have the money to spend on what the local community funds them with. It will become more competitive. Everyone says football was better in the old days! people can't start changing their tune now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Not often I agree with you, but can’t dispute any of that

4 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

God-damn you, crushed my football dreams with fish n chips

Not to mention standing on the Kop in a packed Hillsborough, cup marathons, oh and dare I say an NHS that actually worked well for virtually everyone?

Not saying everything was better then, but some things definitely were.

Edited by Utah Owl