Official :6 English teams agree to Super League

2 minutes ago, Dronfield Blue said:

Apart from the world's best players will be playing football in it.

World TV rights will pay for this debacle.

So?

fizz them.

They will be the 'world's best' FranchiseBall players, not the world's best football players.

5 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

100% wont happen..just a ploy to get a bigger slice of the pie out of uefa...how can you have a european super league without the germans?

https://theathletic.com/news/european-super-league-quit-uefa/7IgcRMEe2pC2

It's probably the biggest real threat in years.  Getting Presidents and Prime Ministers involved shows this is more than the usual stuff.

2 minutes ago, RockieOwl said:

Thought you meant champions league this season, i.e. semi finals. Got to be honest I don't know what the ECA is or how this changes things

Leaving the ECA automatically means they leave the CL, If im correct? 

I don’t  see how they can participate in the champions league if they’ve left 

Edited by FreshOwl

This SL have tossed in a massive bomb into the works, will take ages for FIFA, UEFA, FA etc to organise a way out.

The SL will have been planning this is for years and will have taken everything in to account, its fait accompli as far as I can see. 

All aimed at the new fans, the legacy fans are just collateral damage. 

• Like 1

This SL have tossed in a massive bomb into the works, will take ages for FIFA, UEFA, FA etc to organise a way out.

The SL will have been planning this is for years and will have taken everything in to account, its fait accompli as far as I can see. 

All aimed at the new fans, the legacy fans are just collateral damage. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, owlinexile said:

So?

fizz them.

They will be the 'world's best' FranchiseBall players, not the world's best football players.

I think this is the key distinction.

Fans in Sheffield, Newcastle, Bristol. Just taken as examples. Is the appeal watching the worlds best players with the perfect touch and no tackles. Or do they just want to watch players of a good professional standard representing their city? That’s what it’s all about.

The tv side of it and interest in the leagues from fans who don’t have that kind of allegiance just want the latest name. But I say let them have that and the rest can get the game back.

• Like 1

Guest wilyfox

The dirty dozen may want the super league to happen, but I doubt it will. Too much opposition. Don’t believe there’s an appetite for what they’re proposing. They’re trying it on, but realisticslly it’s probably a bargaining tool.

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

I think this is the key distinction.

Fans in Sheffield, Newcastle, Bristol. Just taken as examples. Is the appeal watching the worlds best players with the perfect touch and no tackles. Or do they just want to watch players of a good professional standard representing their city? That’s what it’s all about.

The tv side of it and interest in the leagues from fans who don’t have that kind of allegiance just want the latest name. But I say let them have that and the rest can get the game back.

Nice idea, but fans want to see or dream that they can compete with the best.

1 minute ago, wilyfox said:

The dirty dozen may want the super league to happen, but I doubt it will. Too much opposition. Don’t believe there’s an appetite for what they’re proposing. They’re trying it on, but realisticslly it’s probably a bargaining tool.

Its happening mate they have all resigned from various bodies and even set up a website, its happening mate in August. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

How will it affect Macclesfield fans?

Why do they have any more entitlement or sympathy than fans of Man City who watched them rise from the 3rd division? 

Macc fans lost their club

City fans will have to wrestle with either not watching their club - or watching it in an elite league against the best clubs in the world

I'd wager most "true" fans will not boycott the club

Macc fans have no club to watch

That's the point i was making

2 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Spurs are the biggest scammers in this, literally have won nothing but since they have qualified for CL a few times somehow form a ‘big 6’. How are they there and Leicester are not? Just cos they have a big ground in London? 

You know exactly why it would be Spurs and not Leicester - or Arsenal over Leicester for that matter

• Like 1