Official :6 English teams agree to Super League

54 minutes ago, scram said:

This is the destination to which football was headed since the advent of the PL

It has followed the money at the cost of integrity every step of the way

As somebody who has been on the inside - well, it's just insane and immoral

They have followed a disaster capitalist route and so many that have engendered that are now crying about it

Well f*ck right off you c*nts - you never cared about the game - you cared about personal enrichment and f*ck everything else - that stands true for clubs and players - and lets be honest here - fans too

Players are leeching off the game - but only because the clubs let them - agents are leeching off the game but only because clubs let them

There never was this "collective spirit" - or the so-called "football village" where everybody had each others backs

Soem clubs have gone to the wall to what amouints to a couple of weeks wages for a premier league player

Best thing ever if a few clubs defect from our league and the money that will follow

Football needs a reset - it's an absolute must

It's a fantasy world where clubs are living so far beyond their means they're like Imelda Marcos on uppers

It'll be the best thing to happen to our game since the abolition of the backpass rule and introduction of 3 points for a win

It could even save the game as we know it

I have been crying on here and in other places that the FA need to grow a pair rather than taking everything under advisement from the Premier League big wigs.

As soon as possible, preferably tomorrow they should rip the mat from under the feet of the premier league and immediately rescind FA Membership in effect rendering the Big Six league less, and nationless in football terms. Cut them adrift.    

If this happens, it will not last because it will get boring.

And when the ‘big six’ ask to come back into the domestic game, tell then yes.

But as ‘newcomers’ they’ll have to start in Tier 7. I think we’d all enjoy seeing MuFc run out at Hallam or Parkgate.

Just now, Orlando_Trustful said:

Hopefully we might be able to then restructure and make the domestic game much more fairer. 

If they want to leave and have their own closed shop then I for one certainly won’t be watching and expect millions of others too. 

I still don’t think this will happen though. Player power will stop it I think. If their players are suddenly banned from FIFA and UEFA comps then I can’t see how it would work. 

Very few people in this country watch football on TV anyway.  Just for context, these are sort of figures for this season - a season where of course fans not in ground.

BT Sports: Everton v Brighton, Chelsea v Palace, - audience peak between 358k and 921k

Sky - some prem league games have less than 500k viewers this season.

IFollow - viewing figures are appalling.

There are not 'millions' of watchers to lose in this country really.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

I have been crying on here and in other places that the FA need to grow a pair rather than taking everything under advisement from the Premier League big wigs.

As soon as possible, preferably tomorrow they should rip the mat from under the feet of the premier league and immediately rescind FA Membership in effect rendering the Big Six league less, and nationless in football terms. Cut them adrift.    

The court battles will be horrendous. 

1 hour ago, TheGaffer said:

The 6 teams should be expelled right now. I'd rather see the grunt bags reinstated than these greedy ******** another kick of the ball in England ever again. The fans of these clubs I feel sorry for as they will have to start again at the bottom, however there's 6 non league clubs who can take the step up to fill the void. fizz em

Man Utd have already stood down from the European Clubs Association and Woodward has stepped down from UEFA roles.

UEFA should boot them out of the Europa League with immediate effect. 

19 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

This will happen sooner later, but what these owners and chairmen won't realise is that some players will not want anything to do with it if it comes at the cost of representing their countries.

For example, have Tottenham asked their best players, Harry Kane and Son Hueng Min , whether they actually want to play in this?  Has anyone asked Phil Foden, Neymar and Erling Haaland? 

Sadly I think for a lot of these players the prospect of becoming billionaires with just one ESL contract will trump playing for their countries. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

How utterly immoral does something have to be , for UEFA and FIFA to turned round and say ' Steady on, that's a bit much!' 

This will happen sooner later, but what these owners and chairmen won't realise is that some players will not want anything to do with it if it comes at the cost of representing their countries.

For example, have Tottenham asked their best players, Harry Kane and Son Hueng Min , whether they actually want to play in this?  Has anyone asked Phil Foden, Neymar and Erling Haaland? 

This super league will die on it's arse if players refuse to have anything to do with it, and I think some will reject it out of hand. 

When Football players are offered the wages that can be 'Earned' in the USA football leagues, Basketball, Rounders, oop's, Baseball and F1, they will say yes.

These clubs no longer want English football fans when they can play the Manchester Derby in Dubai or Mumbai etc and get £100m each. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Grimesthorpian said:

If this happens, it will not last because it will get boring.

And when the ‘big six’ ask to come back into the domestic game, tell then yes.

But as ‘newcomers’ they’ll have to start in Tier 7. I think we’d all enjoy seeing MuFc run out at Hallam or Parkgate.

Agreed tho I think there would be potential for the ESL to form a ESL 2 league and invite more clubs to roll in the money and add some excitement of relegation/promotion to their setup.  But yes if the clubs try to get back into English football they can start from the bottom 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, adelphi1867 said:

When Football players are offered the wages that can be 'Earned' in the USA football leagues, Basketball, Rounders, oop's, Baseball and F1, they will say yes.

These clubs no longer want English football fans when they can play the Manchester Derby in Dubai or Mumbai etc and get £100m each. 

Let them have their HyperMegaFranchise.  No problem with that.

Just make it very clear they aren't going to be allowed to be a real football club as well.

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

They will do as their agents tell them, as per the contract.

Not too sure about that. Some of the players will have grown up supporting and playing for their home town clubs, such as Kyle Walker. They will know what the grassroots mean to football and without it, football would be dead.

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

They will do as their agents tell them, as per the contract.

Yes I know

But my point was the only thing that can stop this is players stepping forward and saying they prioritize the sanctity of competition and heritage over riches.

Just now, owl_83 said:

Not too sure about that. Some of the players will have grown up supporting and playing for their home town clubs, such as Kyle Walker. They will know what the grassroots mean to football and without it, football would be dead.

Till the agent points out that they have signed away their rights, now get out there, pat a few kids heads and sign some autographs and stop thinking you have any say.    

Dance for me monkey boy.

3 minutes ago, owl_83 said:

I assume you picked Walker because he liked the video of Neville’s rant

If Walker then continues to play for an ESL club he is by far the worst of the lot. 

I have more respect for those that believe this is the true elite level and that’s their stage, regardless of repercussions...than those with shed their crocodile tears as they open their new JP Morgan Cayman Is account 

Edited by McRightSide