Official :6 English teams agree to Super League

Another thing that will become the norm would be for clubs to play 1 home game in China/Hong Kong/Abu Dhabi etc. A competitive Man Utd vs Liverpool fixture in China etc would sell out. If they govern themselves, they can do anything they want.

59 minutes ago, Liam_Baggies said:

The Premier League will not take any hardened stance on this because it effects their monies if clubs are punished. The talk of relegations/deductions is fanciful stuff because TV companies will not pay to cover the division when it’s greatest participants for revenues and viewing figures are not in it.

Let Sky sod off with the Greedy six. This is the perfect opportunity for football in this country to press the reset button and return the game to what it was meant to be, about  football, not money. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I cant see the players taking a stance that would stop this. 

Walk away from hundreds of thousands of pounds a week that will potentially get even bigger with the money being thrown at this super league en masse? I'd be surprised if that happened. 

Totally agree.

Leagues live or die on the quality of product on the pitch, that means the best players.

Hence why all these clubs don’t want to be playing awkward matches against Burnley, Getafe et al

Just now, owl_83 said:

Another thing that will become the norm would be for clubs to play 1 home game in China/Hong Kong/Abu Dhabi etc. A competitive Man Utd vs Liverpool fixture in China etc would sell out. If they govern themselves, they can do anything they want.

I can see clubs even relocating to other countries.   Daft as it may sound.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 0wl18 said:

I can.

This will end up going down the Formula One route. How do you manage a family when you’re in Bahrain on Monday, Beijing Thursday then, Doha Sunday? That’s what it will end up being.

Listen to Undr The Cosh podcast. Literally every player who has been on, has walked away from money in one way or another. 

Same as all golfers, F1 teams, tennis players, snooker players etc etc do it.

You think Harry Kane will walk away from this to pick up 20% of his wages today playing for West Ham in their title deciding fixture vs Brentford in a couple of years time?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Dronfield Blue said:

Not a chance.

Harry Kane, I'm not playing in that, I want out.

Where would you like to play Harry?

A big club, Barca, Real, City, Man U.....oh wait.

££££££££

Point taken.

Think I'm living in a fantasy world where Harry Kane says ' Hang on, I'm a multi millionaire, I don't need the money '  and agrees to join a team in Europe - or a West Ham type - that isn't in the ESL on a matter of principal.

Sounds a bit cringy even writing that to be honest. 

Just now, mcmigo said:

Same as all golfers, F1 teams, tennis players, snooker players etc etc do it.

You think Harry Kane will walk away from this to pick up 20% of his wages today playing for West Ham in their title deciding fixture vs Brentford in a couple of years time?

If he is banned from representing his country and treated as an outcast by all European football fans he might 

Just now, owl_83 said:

Spot on. It's quite possible that the Manchester Derby will be played in either Boston or Miami in a few years time.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

'Legacy fans'?

FFS!

And unfortunately thats why this will probably work. Because they have realised that "fans of the future" will compensate for the "legacy fans" leaving. They have worked out that the "legacy fans" don't put as much money in as they are the local, working class people who whilst spending a high % of their money on the club with a season ticket on the Kop (or wherever), but spend nowhere near the money as the "fans of the future" who are from all across the world who's pocket change would get them on a flight into England and buy a seat for £200.

They are openly sh!tt!ng on the supporters who are the loyal hardcore supporters

• Like 2

This was all inevitable once the Americans started investing their money. Relegation is completely alien to them, yet along with promotion, it is the life-force of British football.

Let them go. Expel them from the PL and FA competitions. A word of caution, their re-entry should be agreed before they choose to go e.g. you start at the bottom, like the Rangers example. There are plenty of teams to replace them. Us, Sunderland, Forest, Derby, Ipswich, BrumCity. Proper British clubs, with strong local traditions. Let’s get back to a proper pyramid where the influence of money is reduced.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bannofan said:

Point taken.

Think I'm living in a fantasy world where Harry Kane says ' Hang on, I'm a multi millionaire, I don't need the money '  and agrees to join a team in Europe - or a West Ham type - that isn't in the ESL on a matter of principal.

Sounds a bit cringy even writing that to be honest. 

Harry Kane by himself cant do anything to stop this European Super League.

But if the top 50 - 100 players stuck together and said no then they could stop it. Not impossible but that is unlikely to happen.

8 minutes ago, 0wl18 said:

I can.

This will end up going down the Formula One route. How do you manage a family when you’re in Bahrain on Monday, Beijing Thursday then, Doha Sunday? That’s what it will end up being.

Listen to Undr The Cosh podcast. Literally every player who has been on, has walked away from money in one way or another. 

Which top league players on that podcast have walked away from money?

If it gets to the extent you describe then maybe so but at this stage all they are doing from a player perspective is playing midweek football in Europe, as they always have done. Can't be relying on the players to stop this at this stage.

Just now, McRightSide said:

If he is banned from representing his country and treated as an outcast by all European football fans he might 

The international ban simply won't happen.

Fans won't accept an England strike force of Ings and Antonio in major tournaments whilst likes of Kane lie on the beach.  Trust me in time the FA etc will bend over and accommodate virtually all of this.

As for an 'outcast', an outcast from what?  The 80,000 tottenham fans who can squeeze into their stadium if COVID goes, plus the 1m or so who watch their games on BT or Sky.  This is all a calculated gamble that by breaking away they can attract and keep more paying fans not less.  I suspect they are right.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, wakefieldowl said:

Long term it mat stop clubs paying stupid money out to players, gambling to get to the PL.

Kick the 6 out, ban them from playing in UEFA tournaments, let them have their TV league. Hopefully they will all go bust

DONT PAY FOR SKY!!!!!

Ban them from domestic cup competitions as well.