Official :6 English teams agree to Super League

17 minutes ago, TheGaffer said:

I'd hope.. 

Run down their contracts and leave for a team not in this ESL

And cut their wages significantly? 

Can't see it. I doubt they signed for Chelsea in the first place for their love of the club. 

There is only one way to deal with this the same way that Cricket dealt with it back in the 80's with their world league.

All team that take part are banned from any competition that UEFA or FIFA manage that included all domestic games. all internationals an all European competitions.

So if a player takes part in any of these teams they have a lifetime ban from every playing domestic football or representing their country.

Also all the broadcasters connected with football so Sky, BT Sports, Amazon etc are also prohibited from showing the games, if they decide to ignore this then they will be removed from ever being able to tender for future UEFA or FIFA competitions.

I would also push for the record books to be updated and the past achievements of these 6 teams be expunged from the records and them to be classed the same way the Globetrotters in basketball or Barbarians are in rugby.

The only way you prevent this GREED league being form is you make it blatantly clear to the players - not the clubs as we all know it is the players that have all the power you will be playing 22 games a year but you will never be able to play an official game in England or anywhere else in the world again and you will never represent your country again.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

We all know that the clubs left behind will know that they aren't the best clubs and any competitions they win will be hollow victories. 

This is a massive shock to football and I really fear for the long term future of so many clubs. 

I massively disagree.

Can't remember the last time I watched a televised football match, apart from the odd international.  Don't think I can even name more than a handful of these so called 'best players in the world'.  People turn up playing for the England team that I have never even heard of before.

None of it has anything to do with what I would understand as 'football'.

But then I'm just a legacy fan, so what do I know?

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

That doesn't matter, you think united fans want to come back down to the Championship?  They want to play Man Utd etc 

That's being taken away from all of us.

I reckon they want to watch Sheffield United myself.

7 minutes ago, cardiffowl06 said:

I don't get why people are saying the CL can't go ahead. The tournament will remain, it's the clubs that will change. That happens every season.

Think about it. BT Sport have paid £1.2bn for the rights to broadcast the Champions League until the end of 2023/24. Without the likes of Man Utd, Liverpool, Barcelona, Real etc. to broadcast, sponsors will start pulling their money, viewing figures will fall off a cliff and they'll end up getting no return on that £1.2bn.

It's the same situation in every ever country, e.g. Sky in Germany or Movistar in Spain will have paid similarly bonkers figures and all of a sudden will get no return on that investment. It's unsustainable.

2 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Why not ?

You’re telling me that some random kid from Thailand whose CHOSEN to support a club  ONLY due to how big they are, deserves it as much as a local fan whose probably ploughed their own money into the club and followed them through all the tough times 

Edited by FreshOwl
  • Like 1

BBC - “news of an interesting development in Germany over the European Super League proposal.

Bundesliga club Borussia Dortmund have said they and German rivals Bayern Munich both rejected proposals to form a breakaway league.

In a statement on Monday, Dortmund chairman Hans-Joachim Watzke said that the members of the European Club Association (ECA) had met on Sunday evening and expressed "a clear opinion to reject the foundation of a Super League".

He added that the two German clubs on the ECA board, Bayern and Dortmund, had taken "100 percent" the same position "in all discussions".”

Germans have principles it seems 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, owlinexile said:

I massively disagree.

Can't remember the last time I watched a televised football match, apart from the odd international.  Don't think I can even name more than a handful of these so called 'best players in the world'.  People turn up playing for the England team that I have never even heard of before.

None of it has anything to do with what I would understand as 'football'.

But then I'm just a legacy fan, so what do I know?

I'm in exactly the same boat as you.  I can't even name the England team.

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

At least they allow all clubs the chance of getting to the top.  This bangs the door shut.

I don't give a fizz mate ... I support Sheffield Wednesday and we've only been in European competion 4 times if I'm not mistaken and ain't going there anytime soon.

Couldn't care less which money grabbing organisation comes out on top ... all got their snouts in the jar.

11 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I do and I don’t, why Spurs? It’s only been last 10 years they have qualified for Europe, maybe less. I never saw them as a big club growing up, just next tier with villa, Everton, Newcastle. Just literally cos they built a bit ground in London?

but even now they have incorporated the top 4 into the big 6 but why Spurs? Leicester won a title and are no in the FA final. Weird

Spurs fans are saying exactly the same thing on their Youtube channels, they are just as upset as most on here

10 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I do and I don’t, why Spurs? It’s only been last 10 years they have qualified for Europe, maybe less. I never saw them as a big club growing up, just next tier with villa, Everton, Newcastle. Just literally cos they built a bit ground in London?

but even now they have incorporated the top 4 into the big 6 but why Spurs? Leicester won a title and are no in the FA final. Weird

For some reason Spurs have a huge global fanbase - they are a genuinely big worldwide club

Way bigger than the likes of Leicester - think of it as old money vs new money

As this ESL is naked greed then they want to choose clubs that will enhance the brand and attract huge global audiences to sell the rights/ads etc

Makes you laugh how a shìt club like Spurs who hasn't won anything in years, 2008 league Cup was their last trophy, not been champions of England since the 1960s knocked out of the Europa league by Dinimo Zagreb ...yet they are allowed into this super club ...joke!