Official :6 English teams agree to Super League

Owners aren't bothered about bad PR...Quote from a board member of one of the big six just now ' our primary job to maximise our revenues and profits, the wider good of the game is a secondary concern' - says it all for me that!

Edited by TaxiMark
  • Like 1

Just now, mcmigo said:

I suspect many players feel the same about international football as well.  A summer on the beach vs being holed up somewhere, bored and tired, playing games you don't really care about.

You think players don’t care about the world effin cup?!!!! Just stop with your guff now 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

Though didn't they relax the rules about players a couple of seasons later??. 

I'm sure I heard of a few of the English boys going and playing over there and then being recalled to England duty and now it dosent matter at all. 

It will probably be how the FA deal with it wait for the fuss to die down then embrace it later. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mcmigo said:

I suspect many players feel the same about international football as well.  A summer on the beach vs being holed up somewhere, bored and tired, playing games you don't really care about.

Why do they bother then? They have a choice.

4 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

But we want the opportunity to get there, and get there on merit, not by invitation. 

The game is totally fukkd mate ... if it's not this proposed new format it'll be another one in not too long. My guess is this is just a play to get more from the current set-up.

Greed rules this game now.

Not sure what era you grew up in but it doesn't even resemble the game I loved growing up.

We now have a situation where a goal is scored and instead of us supporters hugging everyone in the close vicinity and going nuts we hold our breath to actually see if the 'goal' will be awarded.

Total nonsense.

So, looks as if German clubs and PSG won't be part of it so what really is the point (I know there is no point other than ££££££££££££££) of a European Super League when it's not even made up of the best teams in Europe?

2 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Yes, cause meaningless super league matches are everything a professional wants to be involved in.

4 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Wow. A board member has come out and said that profits are the most important thing, and the welfare of football is secondary 

Also, they want their players to play less games. So would be secretly delighted at players being pulled from competitions like the World Cup 

DISGUSTING, FOUL, BEYOND BELIEF 

On the former, what they have said is essentially the law.  Their role as board members is to run the company to create value for shareholders.

2 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

I wonder how the clubs will sell their season tickets, will they have to pay for both Premier and the new league so taking away the possibility of boycotting the new league?

I don't think they will care. 

Season ticket money is a drop in the ocean compared to TV money at that level. 

They will get enough day trippers to fill the stadium. They could let fans in for free just to make it look attractive to the TV audience. 

The everyday generational fans of these club are an after thought at best.

Just now, mcmigo said:

On the former, what they have said is essentially the law.  Their role as board members is to run the company to create value for shareholders.

Yes, very good.

Just now, mcmigo said:

They don't have an obligation to come out and say it publicly in reference to this. 

This could end up like the split between rugby union and rugby league. 

If clubs and players involved are barred from other competitions, that makes transfers between difficult and questions what these 'big clubs' do with academies, if they don't have access to the youth, reserve leagues and loan market.

How long before the new league want to adjust rules for their own competition and further diverge from the rest of football.