Official :6 English teams agree to Super League

Personally I think this is about the big clubs of Europe looking to gain leverage over Uafa to get more money and more control. I don’t think they actually want to join this setup, just show they could to get more power. 
There are so many ways this doesn’t make sense and too many barriers for it to be a success. I haven’t seen many fans demanding it either. 
In the main I’m just annoyed no one has invited us the the party. Don’t they know how massive we are??!?

18 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

They will definitely be using it as a midweek competition to test the waters before they switch to a full European league season

I can certainly see that as being a desired outcome eventually but as things stand now they want to have their cake and eat it - not cut ties domestically until they are guaranteed to be onto a winner with this. 

2 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Yes I know

But my point was the only thing that can stop this is players stepping forward and saying they prioritize the sanctity of competition and heritage over riches.

Hope you are right, but that will need the overwhelming majority of them to do it and the potential to be sued will be very persuasive. 

21 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I have a feeling it wont come to a European Super League in out proposed format.

But UEFA and EPL will have to compromise and give these really big clubs a bigger share of the spoils, even though the finances and ruoes are skewed in their favour too much at the moment anyway.

Better believe it 4 clubs have just resigned from the ECA , which puts them out in the cold concerning eufa & fifa and Man U have broken their premier league charter by doing so.

3 minutes ago, 0wl18 said:

Rumours circulating that Mourinho refused to take training this morning due to this announcement regarding the European super league.

If he has done that then he will have gone up massively in my estimation. 

2 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Hope you are right, but that will need the overwhelming majority of them to do it and the potential to be sued will be very persuasive. 

I cant see the players taking a stance that would stop this. 

Walk away from hundreds of thousands of pounds a week that will potentially get even bigger with the money being thrown at this super league en masse? I'd be surprised if that happened. 

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I cant see the players taking a stance that would stop this. 

Walk away from hundreds of thousands of pounds a week that will potentially get even bigger with the money being thrown at this super league en masse? I'd be surprised if that happened. 

I can.

This will end up going down the Formula One route. How do you manage a family when you’re in Bahrain on Monday, Beijing Thursday then, Doha Sunday? That’s what it will end up being.

Listen to Undr The Cosh podcast. Literally every player who has been on, has walked away from money in one way or another. 

12 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

I assume you picked Walker because he liked the video of Neville’s rant

If Walker then continues to play for an ESL club he is by far the worst of the lot. 

I have more respect for those that believe this is the true elite level and that’s their stage, regardless of repercussions...than those with shed their crocodile tears as they open their new JP Morgan Cayman Is account 

No I didn't know he liked the video. I picked him because I knew he was at United and followed them as a kid.

26 minutes ago, Grimesthorpian said:

If this happens, it will not last because it will get boring.

And when the ‘big six’ ask to come back into the domestic game, tell then yes.

But as ‘newcomers’ they’ll have to start in Tier 7. I think we’d all enjoy seeing MuFc run out at Hallam or Parkgate.

If this were to happen I'm sure new teams would be set up anyway in the same way as FC United tried it when Glazers initially took over. In fact, I think Man Utd/FC United would have the advantage over the rest since they are already in a higher division (2nd tier?)