Wednesday - V - Bristol City

I wouldn't imagine anyone is interested or is really bothered about this game,  we are down and we know it, but I reckon a cheeky win for the gaffer will happen. 

This will also keep the final embers of a miracle glowing for some as well. 

Edited by Bannofan
  • Like 1

Thanks M’Lord as always -  so glad that your butler still believes even if you’re understandably wavering. On current form it’s all over & has been probably since the Rotherham debacle if not before but last night’s result at Blackburn opens the door a tiny bit IF for once Wednesday can capitalise. I think we all know the answer but we can still dream can’t we? You never know Nigel might be lenient with us & we’ll stroll to a 2-0 win.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

It's here. It's what you've all been waiting for !

'THE MIRACLE ON PENISTONE ROAD' 

"It will move you to tears"   The Gaurdian.

Staring  Sir Richard Attenborough  as Lionel Messi 

Elizabeth Perkins as Harry Kane   

&  Dylan McDermott  as midfield ironman Terry McDermott

BY THE TIME WE'RE DONE THERE WON'T BE A DRY EYE IN THE HOUSE. 

MIRACLES CAN HAPPEN ON PENISTONE ROAD !

WE'RE ALL WEDNESDAY !   

Wot 'e sed 

Thoughts are with Darren Moore today, if the players had anything about them, just one ounce of pride or fight, instead of being the spineless, pathetic, gutless waster bottlejobs we've seen for most of the season (and last, in truth) they'd steamroller teams from now until the end of the season, who have nothing to play for. 

The bar was set vs Cardiff, very capable of repeating that, but expect us to stroll round like it's a pre season friendly, with no urgency, making Bristol City look like the ones desperate for points.

Roll on the inevitable, I'm sick to death of seeing this group mince about the pitch not caring, bring forth the revolution in preparation for next season in the lower leagues. 

As for today, huff and puff to pretend they give a poo, but won't go the extra mile, if the opposition score we'll crumble and our precious little poppets will start to hide, lacking the mental toughness and belief expected of elite sportsmen. Just another defeat, but can still come in on Monday and tart about in training for Twitter all laughs, while the club is going down the bottom.

A bore draw 0-0 wouldn't surprise me though because Bristol City have been absolute dogshit recently.

• Like 3

Always a good thread M'Lord thank you.

Cast our minds back to April 29th 1976 when we rocked Hillsborough to escape relegation to the then Fourth Division. We did it then and we can do it now because we are the indefatigable,magnificent Sheffield Wednesday.

There are thousands of us that have stood,proudly,shoulder to shoulder with OUR Sheffield Wednesday showing unstinting loyalty and for the next five games we deserve some of that loyalty be given in return.

THE MIGHTY SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY

Nowt else matters.

WAWAW

Screenshot_2021-04-08-13-35-20-568 (297x300).jpg

• Love 3

8 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

image.png.1ea187429289d2a115084292223682ea.png

"Oh, you're back"

"Sir"

"Well I don't know why you've bothered really. We're doomed. Doomed!"

"Mr Hargreaves has given me an extension to my contract ,Sir"

"Aye! And what a burden that will be when we're a 3rd division forum . A millstone it'll be. Crippling us!!"

"We're not in the 3rd division yet though ,Sir"

"Mores the pity. I can't take any more of this. Did you see QPR and Swansea?"

"A couple more nails in the coffin, I must admit ,Sir"

"A few more! I mean, just how many nails can it bloody well take!"

"Quite a few by the looks of it Sir"

coffin.png.c6535ab2af357ba6b01c571c41d25cb9.png

"Good God. It's like one of those nightmares where you know you're having a nightmare but you can't wake up anyway. It just goes on and on. Never ending torment!"

"Bristol aren't in the best of shape at the moment either though, Sir"

"No, no they're not. But what does that mean when you're playing the Wednesday, eh? Nothing. Nada. Nothing at all. Clubs have injured players crawling from their sick beds when they know they've got us next up! There'll be chaps on crutches begging their managers for a start to get their confidence up!"

"A slight exaggeration ,Sir"

"Well... I've had enough. It's all false dawns. False optimism. You see the Cardiff game and you think 'Ho! What! A chance, a glimmer' , and then before the euphoria has worn off we're crashing down again."

"City, 'Boro, Rovers, Forest and Derby. All winnable games, Sir. As bad as it's been. Rotherham beat Derby 3-0. Wycombe beat Blackburn. Surely Wednesday can. IT's not over until-"

"Don't mention the fat lady. She sang last week."

"All I'm saying is, don't write them off just yet sir, there's plenty of points still to fight for"

"Fight for?! Fight for?! These haven't got any fight in them"

"Well actually, Sir, apparently there was a bit of a set-to in the dressing room just the other night. So there's some fight in there."

"Super! Any chance we might see a bit of it on the pitch or are they allergic to grass!"

"All I'm saying is, a few good results and it could go to the wire. Win at Derby on the last day to stay up. Just think, Sir. What a story that would be"

"Oh, it'd be some story all right. We haven't won there since Sweyn Forkbeard was on the throne!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WEDNESDAY

V's

BRISTOL CITY

image.png.9b348490244615a04c9e8aab54de822d.png

Apr 17, 2021

Kick Off: 12.30pm

Hillsborough Stadium

With just five games remaining Wednesday are left needing miracles. Sat in a run of only two wins in the last 13 matches, keeping just one clean sheet in the process. 

Tuesday night's 2-0 home defeat to Swansea City was our 22nd in the Championship this season...speaks it's own tale.

Bristol City ended a club-record run of six successive home defeats with a goalless draw at home to Nottingham Forest last weekend. The Robins were fortunate to come away with a point after failing to have a single shot on target and only 37% possession, in contrast to Forest, who had 16 shots on goal and dominated for large spells of the match.

You know the drill...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Wednesday are unbeaten in their last five home matches against the Robins, winning four of those games and keeping a clean sheet in each of their last three.

• Bristol City beat Sheffield Wednesday 2-0 on home soil in September and another victory on Saturday would see them secure their first league double against them since the 2007-08 season under former boss Gary Johnson.

-------------------  Wednesday ------------------

Wednesday might change the deckchairs. But, the trumpet is parping. The hull is breaching. Man the lifeboats.

Callum Paterson could return to the first XI at the expense of Liam Shaw. The fun loving Scotsman is one of the only Wednesday players who's scored goals with any regularity this year.

Dunkley may replace Tom Lees at the heart if defence.

image.png.4148597c7a7e3373e3e58b333985718e.png

-------------------  Bristol City ------------------

Bristol City have a number of first team players injured, with striker Sam Bell the latest to join the likes of Alfie Mawson, Callum O'Dowda, Chris Martin and Liam Walsh on the treatment table.

Famara Diedhiou has begun two of the last three matches on the bench, but could be handed a start in attack ahead of Nakhi Wells.

Sam Pearson started his first senior game for the Robins last weekend and may keep his place in the first XI.

image.png.4d7a1f70fd164ba5b40e014cfa09e681.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

image.png.5d0830be20f748fd6c60f02762cff15e.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Get Well soon Darren Moore 

Wishing the boss a quick and full recovery

Great post as always Snoots and the return of Stubbs to the team is a huge plus, mr consistency  personified. 
Dare we still dream ? Seems the resident experts say not. UTO 

We are getting to the point that this is a must win game just for DM to keep his job. We are going down for sure but honestly if we don’t show a bit more fight I fear for Darren. DC will be looking to blame someone and if we can get enough points so we go down by less than 6 he can blame the FA. If we continue to free fall then DM might very well be in the firing line. Imagine a managerless summer? So. This is must win. So we will lose. 

• Like 2

It’s very difficult to see anything but relegation now...how different might it have been if we’d kept some of the more consistent triers  on the books. Lee couldn’t have been half as bad as some that have graced our midfield this season, Nuhiu would have nicked a few points for us along the way, Fox, at least he was a recognised left sided player...a lot of what might have beens I’m afraid. It’s just a very sad story from start to finish...it feels like the club and it’s fans have been part of some economic experiment carried out by a megalomaniac. 
Has the Phoenix got the energy and enthusiasm to rise from the ashes again?
We used to be called the yo-yo club in the fifties....this time it might be a question of how long the string is as to how far the yo-yo falls.

Playing cricket this afternoon in the Cornwall League Div 4 East...oh the heady heights...should be interesting as you can’t touch the ball, we have to stand around quietly at 3pm for his Dukeship and “one has to take ones own tea!!!!” Nice day for it though.😎

Good Luck against the Brizzlers today chaps. And I hope DM makes a good recovery this time...is he hospitalised? (Couldn’t see any news on here)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CircleSeven said:

We are getting to the point that this is a must win game just for DM to keep his job. We are going down for sure but honestly if we don’t show a bit more fight I fear for Darren. DC will be looking to blame someone and if we can get enough points so we go down by less than 6 he can blame the FA. If we continue to free fall then DM might very well be in the firing line. Imagine a managerless summer? So. This is must win. So we will lose. 

If Chansiri wants to blame anyone he just needs to look in the mirror....or the group of ******* he recruited we have to watch on the pitch every week. 

Moore isn't blameless, but well down the pecking order for me.