Wednesday - V - Bristol City

27 minutes ago, Alan Robinson said:

Definitely! 

He might be the wrong side of 30 but is still a class act.  I know he signed a new contract recently but there might be a release clause if relegated.

Offer him a two year deal at City and who knows?     

Every body knows he is a class act apart from the usual few posters on here , they can’t wait to have a pop at him and the poor penalty has given them the ammunition they crave . 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Animis said:

I think if you want him and offered a reasonable price he'll be on his way - depends on competition though - imagine a few Championship clubs will be tabling something.

Depends who’s in charge at AG this summer. Nigel Pearson is currently holding the reigns and most of us want him to sign a longer contract. You see the occasional critic but they’re a minority.

Pearson had some lovely things to say about you guys, reminiscing about his playing days at Hillsborough and looking to where he use to run out.. He’s sorry to see the club in such dire straights.

He has an understandable soft spot for the club

Edited by Alan Robinson
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, should know better said:

Need a team that can give Bannan a free ride further up the pitch and for someone to keep him up there. Some decent creative play by Hutchinson (Borner is also capable of bringing the ball out) shows that some of our defenders can use the ball but Bannan coming to take everything stifles us and does not get the best out of him.

Tom Lees, Palmer and Pelupessy along with Marriot and Katchunga  both weak and poor. Harris tries,s Reach has the ability but does not use it.

Not sure about Windass and Patterson.

Yes BB comes back to take the ball too often. And then often it's a long ball. The team has been told to pass it around and play it out from the back though!

27 minutes ago, Alan Robinson said:

Depends who’s in charge at AG this summer. Nigel Pearson is currently holding the reigns and most of us want him to sign a longer contract. You see the occasional critic but they’re a minority.

Pearson had some lovely things to say about you guys, reminiscing about his playing days at Hillsborough and looking to where he use to run out.. He’s sorry to see the club in such dire straights.

He has an understandable soft spot for the club

Yes - NP is a decent guy - heart on sleeve.

It's odd he's never managed us but you never know. He'll get you in or around the play offs.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
8 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

One of the most blatant deliberate handball's i've ever seen. But after QPR it did seem for a moment like we were going to miss out on another one. Can't believe the Bristol City players had the cheek to argue like they did.

I thought it possibly hit the crossbar when watching the replay. 

The sheer lunacy today was all too apparant. 

It was basically.... Or bust today. We had to win. 

Rhodes averages a goal every 180 minutes. Patterson averages a goal every 370 minutes 

There's no other club in all four divisions that wouldn't have picked Rhodes. 

But we picked the cart horse that's a couple of stones overweight. 

We picked the player least likely to score when we absolutely had to win. 

That's Chansiris Wednesday for you. 

What an absolute farce. 

• Like 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl
2 hours ago, Mike Hunt said:

Really 

Wow

Take another look. I’m not saying I’m right just it doesn’t seem clear cut to me. 

Edited by Kagoshimaowl

Guest Kagoshimaowl
2 hours ago, Mrmason69 said:

Rhodes averages a goal every 180 minutes. Patterson averages a goal every 370 minutes 

What an absolute farce. 

No you’re totally wrong on this. It should have been BOTH of them. Why Harris was playing is the mystery.

Also that Rhodes finish in stoppage time was pathetic...just saying..

Guest Kagoshimaowl
9 hours ago, Ronnie Starling said:

I was making sure that Wildsmith and Shaw didnt attempt to throttle Bannan, Patterson and Hutchinson. They were quite worried and it was sad really to hear these senior pro's reduced to quivering wrecks. They weren't so Billy big balls today. Little bully boy was waiting for his mummy to collect him.

Pathetic 

8 hours ago, Alan Robinson said:

Definitely! 

He might be the wrong side of 30 but is still a class act.  I know he signed a new contract recently but there might be a release clause if relegated.

Offer him a two year deal at City and who knows?     

I  think thats nailed on mate. Bannan wont be playing in the pub league with us next season, he is far too good for that. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mrmason69 said:

What an absolute farce. 

Agree.DM and JS want to play expansive attacking football. But in a must win game, they do not play our only striker. Patterson is a trier but a converted full back and it shows. Windass is an attacking midfielder . 

If Reach and Palmer are playing, I agree with the guy saying he cannot see why Harris was picked esp as he is not in form.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
4 hours ago, Ronnie Starling said:

The penalty was wasn't it?

Yes it was but he was still outstanding. Your witch-hunt against our best player (by a mile) is embarrassing!

2 hours ago, Ronnie Starling said:

A witch hunt? Oh dear time to put the sauce down you've had one too many. 😂

I think you are permanently pizzed if you think BB is the reason for our form this season 

I would hate to think what state we would have been in this season without him . 

Or is it just his rumoured wages that gripes you ?

• Like 1