Wednesday - V - Bristol City

Look, look, look. We are NOT down yet and won’t be until (possibly) next week and while there’s a glimmer. of light then there’s a chance.

I know the nay-sayers will kick off again, let it go and all that, but our season starts today and at least the bottlers know what they have to do.

Get on a run, show some b@lls for once and at least do it for Darren Moore, if not the fans who will always stick by the club nemind how far the slump goes.

The Wednesday will win today, Derby are in freefall with a bad run-in, Rotherham are knackered and blowing out of their blubbery bits and it CAN be done. It’s that last game of the season that gives me at lease some hope.

Depends on how big the players’ nuts are.

Cue replies about Ffs give it up, etc. Just the spirit we need in the trenches eh.

Meh.

Edited by Grimesthorpian
  • Haha 1

As the light of life fades , another light, still distant but closing, begins to shine . Suddenly, the descending dusk doesn’t seem to bring the  fears, the loss, the cold that it always has in life. The new light lights the way, the only way left now as the final sun sets.  Our fate is close, our championship life ebbing away with each minute, each goal, each mistake. The hope is gone , we know that, and  now welcome its loss and embrace, rather than fight, the suffering that has replaced that vanished hope. It is only through suffering that man , and Sheffield Wednesday, eventually understand it’s purpose.

3-0 Bristol

salvation is near.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Grimesthorpian said:

Look, look, look. We are NOT down yet and won’t be until (possibly) next week and while there’s a glimmer. of light then there’s a chance.

I know the nay-sayers will kick off again, let it go and all that, but our season starts today and at least the bottlers know what they have to do.

Get on a run, show some b@lls for once and at least do it for Darren Moore, if not the fans who will always stick by the club nemind how far the slump goes.

The Wednesday will win today, Derby are in freefall with a bad run-in, Rotherham are knackered and blowing out of their blubbery bits and it CAN be done. It’s that last game of the season that gives me at lease some hope.

Cue replies about Ffs give it up, etc. Just the spirit we need in the trenches eh.

Meh.

It wouldn't surprise me that we won today, but I fear it's too late. That would be 5 points behind Derby and whilst they don't look good, we can't sustain a run so can't see us closing the gap. Still think Rotherham will pick up another 4/5 points so we're going to need say 45 points - another 10 points!

Of course if Rotherham implode and we do get to within 3 points of Derby,  it will keep everyone's interest for the last game but we don't have a good record in final game shoot-outs, other than Southend game.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

5 games until the suffering is finally over. Not long now. 

Wednesday 0-3 Brizzle 

really am looking forward to this season being over and us hopefully getting rid of so many of these pathetic players. Just wish that clown Chansiri would sod off as well. 

• Like 4

Lord Snooty deserves a medal for keeping our spirits up during this season when we have either been blitzed by the opposition or blitzed ourselves with stupid mistakes and silly fouls. 

M’lud, I wish thee well today especially as they lay thine own younger cousin The Duke of Edinburgh to rest.

I have never been much of a royalist but I do appreciate the match being moved earlier because of his funeral since it gets our misery over earlier and allows more of the weekend for recovery.

• Like 1

It’s time for some of the U23s to step up and drop some of the players who are out of contract because they couldn’t care less, even try young Cadamarteri  I know he’s only 18 but Jude Bellingham of Birmingham was only 16 now he’s a part of the England set up now

They say it’s the hope that kills you.

well, I’m on my deathbed but still

clinging on. 
win today, and a couple more with other results going our way and it will be a showdown with Derby on the last day.

A stoppage time Rhodes goal saves us!

21 minutes ago, Grimesthorpian said:

Meh.

Ffs give it up!

The players nuts comment is the key one mate. Tiny weeny nuts. No fight at all. 

• Like 1

its-not-that-i-dont-care-i-just-dont-car 

Sorry Snoots I haven't read your OMDT's since Barnsley I think. I haven't been bothered about us really, I've just been having a brief look in the Matchday section and looking at the BBC match reports. I didn't even know we played Swansea until the day after. I'll actually be glad when we get relegated because I won't have to see most of these players again hopefully. I had a chance to watch the Cardiff and QPR games too, but couldn't be àrsed, funnily enough I thought we would lose against Cardiff 5-0 instead and lose against QPR 4-0. My prediction for today is 1-1 (we'll probably win though.) Also seeing that you kinda mentioned it:

Titanic_sinking_gif.gif 

Also this is my current feeling with Wednesday/football:

1456259936.gifmichael-douglas-falling-down-gif-9.gif 

1e68ae80430c438e640b63085b85f233.gif 

• Haha 1