Wednesday - V - Bristol City

1 hour ago, Grimesthorpian said:

Look, look, look. We are NOT down yet and won’t be until (possibly) next week and while there’s a glimmer. of light then there’s a chance.

I know the nay-sayers will kick off again, let it go and all that, but our season starts today and at least the bottlers know what they have to do.

Get on a run, show some b@lls for once and at least do it for Darren Moore, if not the fans who will always stick by the club nemind how far the slump goes.

The Wednesday will win today, Derby are in freefall with a bad run-in, Rotherham are knackered and blowing out of their blubbery bits and it CAN be done. It’s that last game of the season that gives me at lease some hope.

Depends on how big the players’ nuts are.

Cue replies about Ffs give it up, etc. Just the spirit we need in the trenches eh.

Meh.

It's not our spirit as fans that should be called in question, but those who go out on the pitch and represent us.

It's all well and good saying our season starts now, but we could have made it far easier for ourselves if we showed some spirit and determination previously.

You can be as optimistic as you want, but personally regardless of the result today, we are down.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grimesthorpian said:

Look, look, look. We are NOT down yet and won’t be until (possibly) next week and while there’s a glimmer. of light then there’s a chance.

I know the nay-sayers will kick off again, let it go and all that, but our season starts today and at least the bottlers know what they have to do.

Get on a run, show some b@lls for once and at least do it for Darren Moore, if not the fans who will always stick by the club nemind how far the slump goes.

The Wednesday will win today, Derby are in freefall with a bad run-in, Rotherham are knackered and blowing out of their blubbery bits and it CAN be done. It’s that last game of the season that gives me at lease some hope.

Depends on how big the players’ nuts are.

Cue replies about Ffs give it up, etc. Just the spirit we need in the trenches eh.

Meh.

I admire you still having hope, but this is us right now.  

A-Shell-Shocked-Soldier-is-on-the-Left.j 

• Haha 2

Great OMDT as ever M'Lud.

Since we last played my dreams of survival have turned into nightmares of relegation, but then we get to a bright sunny match day (well it is down here) and hope springs eternal.

So, a 1-0 Wednesday win - Bannan with a 30 yd cannon.

But I'll miss the match, first haircut for 5 months booked strategically for 1pm, before all the ko times were changed...

We do have a slight chance of catching Derby, as they lost last night and are our last day opponents. 

And a slight chance of catching Rotherham. They looked understandably tired against Cov.

But catching them both...... would take a miracle.

As for getting shut of the deadwood, fans need to remember we can't get rid of anyone whose under contract for next season.