Wednesday - V - Swansea OMDT

I'm not just saying this for effect, buti honestly didn't know we were playing tonight. Taking the lad to footy training 7.30 til 9 and don't care that I'll miss it. Might put radio Sheff on in the car on the way home to see how many we're losing by before switching back over to absolute radio 90s. Totally lost interest after the last game because I'd got some interest back following the Cardiff game and they just reverted to type. I want this season over and as many players as possible out of our club. 

3 1 Wednesday. 

22 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

I'm not just saying this for effect, buti honestly didn't know we were playing tonight. Taking the lad to footy training 7.30 til 9 and don't care that I'll miss it. Might put radio Sheff on in the car on the way home to see how many we're losing by before switching back over to absolute radio 90s. Totally lost interest after the last game because I'd got some interest back following the Cardiff game and they just reverted to type. I want this season over and as many players as possible out of our club. 

3 1 Wednesday. 

It will be over by the time you're driving home.

2 hours ago, mcmigo said:

The end is now near- with it comes sweet relief, the final and fatal shot of morphine going through the IV and the pain subsides, and the gentle journey to relegation can finally conclude.

Its time to come and meet our Championship maker, and return to our erstwhile spiritual footballing home in League 1.

4-0 Swansea.

Your wit is sharper than the splinters on the relegation trapdoor. 

I just don’t see us staying up now, even with a win it won’t make a difference. To far behind with only 6 games left. This squad don’t have the consistency, the quality or the desire to stay up. These next 6 games will just prolong the anger and embarrassment of the imminent return to league one. 

1 minute ago, royalowlisback said:

I love games this time of the year, the traditional 6 pm Tuesday Evening kick-off time, big crowd and warm early Spring sunshine.

Love it.

There's a bigger crowd down at our local than at S6 right now. :tango:

You'd think this would have an away win written all over it.

But would you bet against us tonight?

I thought about it as a heartbreak bet but something stopped me from doing it.

And that's because I think we're capable of winning this.

We've started to play actual neat football these last few games and were well in game at the weekend until Wildsmith did what he did and the ref didn't help either.

It won't be easy for Swansea.

Think we've still got a good few tricks in us yet.

Certainly enough to make me think twice about betting against us.

1 hour ago, latemodelchild said:

3 1 Wednesday. 

It will be all over one way or another by the time your trading session starts. It's a 6pm ko. Perhaps you could divert to S6 and get your lad a game. 

3 hours ago, Wisenightowl said:

I never said we were great or have had a great season. My main point was that many posters on here love to be negative and absolutely glory in the current predicament. Why can't people both accept that we've had a bad season, but also hope that we have a good day at the office when a game comes along? 

It's far from impossible. The games we have left are not the hardest finish we could have had. Three home games on the bounce (no fans doesn't help) is fortuitous. Derby, Coventry and Rotherham are all basically averaging a point a game, and we need to finish above two of them (assuming Wycombe stay below us). That's not impossible. Impossible is us winning the Champions League by the end of the decade. 

We probably will go down, but you don't quit and start screaming 'woe is me'. If we go down, we start again next season. The world won't end. So many things in sport look impossible until it happens. For us now, it's a bit like being in a cup and we have to just keep winning our games, except we also have a mulligan. If we won 5 out of 6, that could be enough to keep us up. 

I don’t think anyone loves to be negative mate, we simply comment on what we see, and most of the time what we see draws negative reactions.

Fact of the matter is we need to win all our games and hope the teams above us don’t win 2 out of 6. It’s the Italian job 

• Like 1