Wednesday - V - Swansea OMDT

2 hours ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

Well can kiss tonight's game goodbye and also the season if Kachunga is in the starting 11. Last Chance Saloon is how I see the game.

We need to make up 5 points on derby before the last game. If we lose this game we can still achieve this. I expect a loss from this one, but i expected a win from the last one, so we shall see. However, if Kachunga starts, you will be right about kissing this game goodbye. 

Edited by Daizan10
  • Like 1

Disappointing to see so much negativity on here as usual. 'Swansea are great, they need the points, they'll win easy, blah, blah, blah...' but the fact is they've needed the points all season, yet have lost four out of the last five games against the likes of mighty Preston and Birmingham. They failed to score in each of those defeats.

They had a good win on Saturday, but let's not kid ourselves we don't have a chance. It's 11 pros against 11. We know what we are capable of. We could win 3-0 or lose 3-0 tonight, neither would surprise me. 

Three home games, three wins and the table will look a lot better for us. No point giving up yet with 21 points to ply for. C'mon Wednesday.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wisenightowl said:

Disappointing to see so much negativity on here as usual. 'Swansea are great, they need the points, they'll win easy, blah, blah, blah...' but the fact is they've needed the points all season, yet have lost four out of the last five games against the likes of mighty Preston and Birmingham. They failed to score in each of those defeats.

They had a good win on Saturday, but let's not kid ourselves we don't have a chance. It's 11 pros against 11. We know what we are capable of. We could win 3-0 or lose 3-0 tonight, neither would surprise me. 

Three home games, three wins and the table will look a lot better for us. No point giving up yet with 21 points to ply for. C'mon Wednesday.

981E9EB3-048C-4757-A60B-6719B860B500.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Wisenightowl said:

Even without the points deduction we average 1pt a game. What do you realistically expect us to get from that 21? It’s an impossible task, those in 21st and above only need to win a couple games and it’s over. Rotherham have bloody 3 games in hand. 

• Like 1

The end is now near- with it comes sweet relief, the final and fatal shot of morphine going through the IV and the pain subsides, and the gentle journey to relegation can finally conclude.

Its time to come and meet our Championship maker, and return to our erstwhile spiritual footballing home in League 1.

4-0 Swansea.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Rotherham home to QPR as well tonight. 

Rotherham have got Coventry at home later in the week on Thursday too. One or both of them are going to get points. 

We could really do with QPR helping us out tonight and we simply have to win tonight. Nothing else will do.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Even without the points deduction we average 1pt a game. What do you realistically expect us to get from that 21? It’s an impossible task, those in 21st and above only need to win a couple games and it’s over. Rotherham have bloody 3 games in hand. 

I never said we were great or have had a great season. My main point was that many posters on here love to be negative and absolutely glory in the current predicament. Why can't people both accept that we've had a bad season, but also hope that we have a good day at the office when a game comes along? 

It's far from impossible. The games we have left are not the hardest finish we could have had. Three home games on the bounce (no fans doesn't help) is fortuitous. Derby, Coventry and Rotherham are all basically averaging a point a game, and we need to finish above two of them (assuming Wycombe stay below us). That's not impossible. Impossible is us winning the Champions League by the end of the decade. 

We probably will go down, but you don't quit and start screaming 'woe is me'. If we go down, we start again next season. The world won't end. So many things in sport look impossible until it happens. For us now, it's a bit like being in a cup and we have to just keep winning our games, except we also have a mulligan. If we won 5 out of 6, that could be enough to keep us up. 

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Wisenightowl said:

The problem for me is with all our relagations or great escapes I've always had a bit of faith in the sqaud would roll the sleeves up  to put a shift in and keep us up. 

I just don't get that feeling with this lot. 

Were just so thin as far as those strong leaders and characters to take charge and drag us our of it. 

Totally agree with that line up @Lord Snooty.

Dont think Wildsmith was as bad as some made out last Saturday, but a 90% fit Westwood is a better option.

Essential BB plays further up the pitch, him and Paterson didn't a great job in the attacking midfield role against Cardiff.

Everything went against us at QPR let's hope we get the rub off the green tonite.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

Rotherham have got Coventry at home later in the week on Thursday too. One or both of them are going to get points. 

We could really do with QPR helping us out tonight and we simply have to win tonight. Nothing else will do.

Coventry can win that for me , the only two teams we can focus on now are Derby and Rotherham. Just hope Rotherham lose most of their games and hope we can win tonight and then better Derby's results by 3 pts until we play them.

9 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

Coventry can win that for me , the only two teams we can focus on now are Derby and Rotherham. Just hope Rotherham lose most of their games and hope we can win tonight and then better Derby's results by 3 pts until we play them.

Not going to happen. Rotherham have fight in em, we don't

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daizan10 said:

We need to make up 5 points on derby before the last game. If we lose this game we can still achieve this. I expect a loss from this one, but i expected a win from the last one, so we shall see. However, if Kachunga starts, you will be right about kissing this game goodbye. 

We need to make up points on two teams, no point going above Derby if we don't go above someone else.