Jordan Rhodes goal

1 hour ago, BIG D said:

It’d be great if he decided he’d like to play for free next season.

If we could build a decent team he’d score for fun in League 1.

Yep, finally feels as though this manager might give him a run and it'll be too late to avoid relegation and guessing he'll not be here next season. 

1 minute ago, Grandad said:

No it wasn't

On 19/03/2021 at 10:46, DJMortimer said:

According to whoscored.com and only includes league games (updated from earlier in this thread)...

MINS       GOALS       AVG. MINS      ASSISTS     AVG. MINS

Hooper        5,998           30               199.9                12                  499.8

Fletcher       7,834           37               211.7                  7               1,119.1

Forestieri     8,740           40               218.5               13                   672.3

Joao             5,835           26               224.4                 8                   729.4              

Windass       2,502             9              278.0                  1                2,502.0

Rhodes        4,521           15               301.4                  3               1,507.0

Nuhiu         12,397           40               309.9               23                   539.0

Matias         2,912              9               323.6                 2                1,456.0

Winnall         1,680             5               336.0                 1                1,680.0

Paterson      2,232             6               372.0                 2                1,116.0

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ReginaldD said:

When it's put like that you can only imagine how frustrating its been for him

Incredibly. Literally hasn’t been given a run of games at all. 

Even this season.

First time since he’s signed for us that he’s actually had a good run of games and I’m not at all surprised he’s looking like a player.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

16/17 - 14 starts 3 goals. Not fantastic but considering the wealth of options we had upfront...

17/18 -17 starts 5 goals. In the squad for 43 of those games. Hardly given a fair chance that season was he?

18/19 - 9 starts 6 goals. For promotion winning Norwich. 27 appearances off the bench. Kept out by Pukki who was in sensational form.

19/20 - 7 starts 3 goals. Monk just didn’t give him a chance last season whatsoever. 

20/21 - 9 starts 6 goals. Not bad at all.

Could he have offered more? Yes probably. But if you actually look back at his goals to game ratio it’s not actually that bad. He’s had so many 10/15 minute cameos which are completely unfair to judge him on in my opinion. 

Also worth noting at Norwich 4 of those goals came in 3 games where he played the full 90 minutes. He only had 4 more starts for Norwich after that. 

If he had started more games that season it strongly suggests he would have reached double figures that year.

• Like 1

Just now, Bluewings said:

Funny isn't it, scores and people bring up his past.

Cristiano Ronaldo got 3 in 25 for Sporting Lisbon what a waster.

I don’t care. They are wrong and petty.

Finally we seem to have a manager who sees he’s by far the best (only) striker we have.

I have no doubt the criminal underuse by Monk, Pulis and Thompson is the biggest single factor in our 23rd place.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The amount of points we have dropped by not playing Rhodes is criminal. He is a confidence striker who will have bad runs but he can finish. The amount of times he has been left on the bench or dragged off to further dent his confidence is ridiculous. He needs 90 mins and probably an arm round the shoulder, he is our best option up top (has been all season) and if we are to do the unthinkable, he needs to play every minute he can.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lol never seems to amaze me this site the man is scoring goals and today it counted , but all we here from some is what he did or didn't do in the past , well here is a bit of education for you , his past is gone and the only thing that matters is the next game and  hopefully he scores again , and we get another  three points , what is done is done you /we can't change it one iota , so flipping move on and enjoy him scoring today and hopefully in the future , we need his goals or any of them that score be happy for a change 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Grandad said:

Jordan Rhodes has now scored a goal every 157 minutes hes been allowed to play this season.

The inability of our managers to play him will cost us relegation

Hmmm 🤔. I’m not sure we’re in the bottom three because we haven’t played Rhodes. 

3 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

I don’t care. They are wrong and petty.

Finally we seem to have a manager who sees he’s by far the best (only) striker we have.

I have no doubt the criminal underuse by Monk, Pulis and Thompson is the biggest single factor in our 23rd place.

No it isn’t. FFS, give it a rest. 

11 minutes ago, shandypants said:

Hmmm 🤔. I’m not sure we’re in the bottom three because we haven’t played Rhodes. 

Biggest single factor by far. 

We don’t score. He’s our only striker. It’s nothing short of scandalous management.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A47Owl said:

I think he will sign a new contract whichever league we are in. Obviously at vastly reduced rate. 

I think he's happy here despite the way he's been treated by managers and some fans. 

If Moore sees the way to set up to get the best out of him then it's a possibility. 

Many have been saying it for years. 

Cross the ball Rhodes will be in and around where it lands. 

How great would it be if he scored loads next season to win promotion

• Like 1