Jordan Rhodes goal

2 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

That aspect of his transfer is a damning indictment of the ownership team, not the player. But it is an expedient excuse to sweep all the other issues under the rug when looking at what he is accountable for.

Truth is, we never needed him in the first place as we already had huge numbers of experienced and talented forwards at the club and other areas of the squad where reinforcements actually were required. When you consider the overall financial situation, this was all the more insane.

Absolutely was a daft signing and has caused us a lot of trouble financially.

But point stands that’s not his fault.

I don’t think he’s ever been given a fair crack at it here. 

31 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

From memory, when he first arrived he missed only 1 of the first 22 games (rested for an early round cup match), starting 16 of them. He scored just 3, and that was in a team that finished 4th that first season. 

From memory 😂😂😂😂

You try and debunk him on every single thread with the same bile.

I bet those 2 more miracles hurt today.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bluewings said:

Fact is if Jordan Rhodes fires to safety, for me he will have been worth every penny we paid for him.

Good win today, scores two and there's negativity about him.

What about the revenue he could have cost us by refusing to take a penalty

Just now, Emilianenko said:

From memory 😂😂😂😂

You try and debunk him on every single thread with the same bile.

I bet those 2 more miracles hurt today.

Bile? Them's the facts mate. If you don't like them, that's your problem, not mine.

And yes, obviously I'm devastated that we've won today. Pick your dummy up.

There is no doubt he didn’t deserve a place in the side for a long time but from day 1 THIS season he was clearly the best we had so should have played as first choice striker all season.

It is totally irrelevant what we paid for him or his wages. 

Just now, billyblack said:

What about the revenue he could have cost us by refusing to take a penalty

He's playing in arguably the worst team at least mentally in my lifetime watching Wednesday.

We are a drift from the rest... a great escape now with Jordan Rhodes and who cares how much he cost or his past failures to us

none of that is important really in 2021. Its about staying in this division.

Guest Grandad
15 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Come on now. It's been suggested we've invested somewhere in the region of £14m in him. He is a million miles away from justifying that outlay and not one supporter would have been happy if at the time they would have known how it would turn out. If he keeps playing well and we pull off the unlikely escape this season, he will at least have rescued something from the overall situation. 

But as I keep saying, much of my criticism has been for the hypocrites who move the goalposts when judging him, rather than the player himself (perhaps best demonstrated by the almost identical minutes per goal compared to the likes of Windass and Nuhiu before today). When we had a wealth of striking talent his place in the stands was absolutely merited. Things have changed and I've agreed many times that he should have had more opportunities this season. The other players in his position are not very good and he is looking more up for the fight. While that's the case he deserves to play and get the plaudits. Nothing to do with a vendetta and it's a shame you have to be so petulant about it.

If we don't play him he can't score

That's not his fault

1 minute ago, Bluewings said:

He's playing in arguably the worst team at least mentally in my lifetime watching Wednesday.

We are a drift from the rest... a great escape now with Jordan Rhodes and who cares how much he cost or his past failures to us

none of that is important really in 2021. Its about staying in this division.

Well you might not care about it. Plenty do

1 minute ago, billyblack said:

If he is so good like some people think how come nobody has bought him off us?

I don't think loads of people are saying he "so good" tbh. 

In fact, I think you've just made that up. 

People are happy cause he's scoring a few goals and it is nice to see after having such a poor time since signing here. 

No one will have bought him off us because we probably wanted a daft fee for a player we rarely played/the wages he's on with us. 

• Like 1