Jordan Rhodes goal

2 minutes ago, Sticky Micky said:

Rhodes is finished 

Despite championship clubs willing to sign him 

How many championship clubs are after the heros, westwood, Lees and Hutchinson again? 

Well done Rhodes 

F*ck the haters

Well lets hope someone offers him a job next year so we dont feel obliged

Recently, we've looked more coherent in attack when Rhodes and Windass are playing, even if Windass is withdrawn into midfield.

To my eyes, Paterson looks quite erratic and doesn't easily dovetail with those around him. He has his uses, but in games where we're not looking to scrap and battle too much, he can look a little peripheral.

Moore's set us up really well today to get the best out of our attackers by exploiting Barsnley's high line, allowing us to get in behind and create gilt-edged chances for Rhodes on a couple of occasions.

• Like 3

Just now, billyblack said:

Well lets hope someone offers him a job next year so we dont feel obliged

Bet your one of them morons who said Joao wasn't good enough too 

Admit you are wrong and we can all move on 

1 hour ago, Westfield Owl said:

When you take into account the ripoff transfer fee we paid for the player in 2017, the signing-on fee, eye-watering wages, appearance bonuses, etc...

I wonder if we’re at a stage now where Rhodesy’s goal-contributions are costing us less than £1,000,000 per goal.

I’m pleased for the guy.  But as a SWFC fan, I deeply wish we’d never signed him.  And I can’t wait until he’s no longer our player.

If we had Aguero we would struggle to score with our poor supply, when Winnall came it was Hourihanne who made him a 1 in 2 striker, he comes to us and he is no good. Winnall on loan at Derby was better. If only we had a class midfielder like him but we bought the wrong player. Same applies with Lucas scores for reading but gets far better service, not long fight the centre half for it balls.

8 minutes ago, Grandad said:

If we don't play him he can't score

That's not his fault

Before today, his strike rate in league games was on a par with Windass and Nuhiu, and well behind Hooper, Fletcher, Forestieri and Joao. That was supposed to be where he made the difference, and he hasn't done. 

But he's doing that now and is clearly the best option we currently have up front. You have to wonder what managers have been thinking when preferring Kachunga, Marriott and even Reach this season.

16/17 - 14 starts 3 goals. Not fantastic but considering the wealth of options we had upfront...

17/18 -17 starts 5 goals. In the squad for 43 of those games. Hardly given a fair chance that season was he?

18/19 - 9 starts 6 goals. For promotion winning Norwich. 27 appearances off the bench. Kept out by Pukki who was in sensational form.

19/20 - 7 starts 3 goals. Monk just didn’t give him a chance last season whatsoever. 

20/21 - 9 starts 6 goals. Not bad at all.

Could he have offered more? Yes probably. But if you actually look back at his goals to game ratio it’s not actually that bad. He’s had so many 10/15 minute cameos which are completely unfair to judge him on in my opinion. 

Edited by SallyCinnamon
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, catdog1121 said:

This is so typical of Wednesday though, we spend a fortune on a player, only with a few months left of his contract does he start banging in the goals... Too many players seem to do this its like they need to put themself in the shop window..

He can’t score from the stands mate. Don’t blame Rhodes. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sticky Micky said:

Bet your one of them morons who said Joao wasn't good enough too 

Admit you are wrong and we can all move on 

Hahahahahaha

I'd love to oblige but you are wrong.

I liked Joao who we had to sell due to our clusterf#ck chairman.

Guest Grandad
Just now, DJMortimer said:

Before today, his strike rate in league games was on a par with Windass 

No it wasn't

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

16/17 - 14 starts 3 goals. Not fantastic but considering the wealth of options we had upfront...

17/18 -17 starts 5 goals. In the squad for 43 of those games. Hardly given a fair chance that season was he?

18/19 - 9 starts 6 goals. For promotion winning Norwich. 27 appearances off the bench. Kept out Teemu Pukki who was in sensational form.

19/20 - 7 starts 3 goals. Monk just didn’t give him a chance last season whatsoever. 

Could he have offered more? Yes probably. But if you actually look back at his goals to game ratio it’s not actually that bad. He’s had so many 10/15 minute cameos which are completely unfair to judge him on in my opinion. 

When it's put like that you can only imagine how frustrating its been for him

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DJMortimer said:

Before today, his strike rate in league games was on a par with Windass and Nuhiu, and well behind Hooper, Fletcher, Forestieri and Joao. That was supposed to be where he made the difference, and he hasn't done. 

But he's doing that now and is clearly the best option we currently have up front. You have to wonder what managers have been thinking when preferring Kachunga, Marriott and even Reach this season.

Foul !

There you go using his 16/17 and 17/18 seasons again. Why?

The only thing that matters is the here and now.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

18/19 - 9 starts 6 goals. For promotion winning Norwich. 27 appearances off the bench. Kept out by Pukki who was in sensational form.

Perhaps its just me who expected a record signing forward to do more.

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

His link up play has also been very tidy both with feet and cushioned headers back to his own team!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grandad said:

WEVE NOT PLAYED HIM

He's played plenty. 

And he scores fewer per minute than even Atdhe did, along with fewer goals than literally every other striker we've had at the club. 

Including, I suspect, Paterson, if you were to only include the matches he's played up top as a forward for. 

I'm pleased he's scored a few goals now that we're doomed to relegation, but the revisionism of Jordan Rhodes, not played and unfairly treated doesn't hold up to scrutiny, at all. 

Let's keep some perspective. 

Edited by Indoor Owl
  • Like 2