Jordan Rhodes goal

Ive just seen his interview, this is a different Jordan Rhodes.

He looks like he's been running, running, running. His face is a different shape, sunk in. You can tell.

All the effort you've put in off the pitch is noticeable Jordan, well done

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Carlos played very boring and predictable slow build up football. By the time we got the ball to the edge of the area it was packed and Rhodes didn’t have the space he needed to score goals.

He absolutely destroyed Rhodes confidence in such a negative side that created less and less the longer he stayed at the club.

Get the ball forward quickly, get crosses into the box and he’ll score goals.

This is bang on. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Carlos played very boring and predictable slow build up football. By the time we got the ball to the edge of the area it was packed and Rhodes didn’t have the space he needed to score goals.

He absolutely destroyed Rhodes confidence in such a negative side that created less and less the longer he stayed at the club.

This. 

We became a side increasingly reliant on moments. 

It was not a team built to get the best out of player like Jordan Rhodes. 

• Like 5

Food for thought.

This season.

Joao - goal every 151 mins

Rhodes - goal every 159 mins

Fletcher - goal every 236 mins (incl penalty)

Joao and Fletch play every minute they are available. Our managers think our team hasn’t needed a goalscorer.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Holmowl said:

Food for thought.

This season.

Joao - goal every 151 mins

Rhodes - goal every 159 mins

Fletcher - goal every 236 mins (incl penalty)

Joao and Fletch play every minute they are available. Our managers think our team hasn’t needed a goalscorer.

Rhodes is a far better goal scorer than Fletcher ever was/is. 

I rate Fletcher as a player, but last season was the first time I can remember him being what I'd describe as prolific. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Rhodes is a far better goal scorer than Fletcher ever was/is. 

I rate Fletcher as a player, but last season was the first time I can remember him being what I'd describe as prolific. 

Terrific player Fletcher. Wish he was here.

But the only reason he was prolific last season is because he became our penalty taker.

Thats why it’s important to exclude penalties when comparing strikers.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Highest paid in the squad but has ran his absolutely balls off all season when he’s actually been given a chance.

He’s our best player at the moment.

Shame we couldn’t get the best out of him or give him a fair crack of the whip in the past 4 years. 

Well played Jordan. Glad you’ve got back to your best. 

He would have done it before now if we had played yo his strengths 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bluey9 said:

He would have done it before now if we had played yo his strengths 

We don't know that.  It's an absolutely unknown.  What we do know is Rhodes is playing well this season but wasn't in previous seasons for us - that is an absolutely known.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Terrific player Fletcher. Wish he was here.

But the only reason he was prolific last season is because he became our penalty taker.

Thats why it’s important to exclude penalties when comparing strikers.

Jesus! You're starting to believe your own bull5h!t methods are legitimate.  

36 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Correct

• Like 3

Pleased for Rhodes, I was so excited when we signed him and have been willing him to put some performances in for us though  it’s true we have never played to his strengths.

It is funny how some fans said football has moved on and his style of football doesn’t work any more - I’ve  never believed that - absolute rubbish.

But let’s not get carried away when selecting certain statistics, no way has he been even a slightly successful signing for us, and I would imagine it will be his decision to move on come the end of the season and I don’t blame him - sometimes things just aren’t meant to be.

29 minutes ago, shandypants said:

We don't know that.  It's an absolutely unknown.  What we do know is Rhodes is playing well this season but wasn't in previous seasons for us - that is an absolutely known.  

Tend to agree. His all round game has improved significantly and worthy of a place in the team.  Even in his non scoring game against Huddersfield he took the eye.

If he'd played this well in the past he'd have played far more often IMO. 

Rhodes last game for us before going to Norwich was away at Hull. He played the lone striker that day. We won 1-0 and Rhodes was man of the match and scored the winner. It’s a lazy cliche to say he is just a poacher. Under Carlos I used to watch him make runs, get away from his marker only for the ball to not get crossed in. Instead it was passed back and switched across the box and repeated on the other flank. It was very frustrating.  Is he looking sharper now, of course he is because he is actually getting game time. Also the other managers would have dropped him today as he didn’t score in his last game. Moore was rewarded today by keeping faith in him.Well done Jordan.

• Like 4

I’m glad we won. I’m glad Rhodes scored. I’m glad he’s played well today. I’m glad he’s played well in the last few weeks. I’m baffled why he hasn’t been playing more given how much we’ve struggled with scoring this season. 

I’d like him to stay but I’d be amazed if he does. 

• Like 2

Have we made a massive mistake the last 4 years by not playing to Rhodes’ strength? He seems a lot stronger and fitter this season though, in previous seasons I can’t remember him winning many headers and linking the play aswel as he is now.

• Like 1