Jordan Rhodes goal

When you take into account the ripoff transfer fee we paid for the player in 2017, the signing-on fee, eye-watering wages, appearance bonuses, etc...

I wonder if we’re at a stage now where Rhodesy’s goal-contributions are costing us less than £1,000,000 per goal.

I’m pleased for the guy.  But as a SWFC fan, I deeply wish we’d never signed him.  And I can’t wait until he’s no longer our player.

• Like 2

For the first two and a half years of his contract, we had a plethora of strikers, so he didn’t get a look in but he’s been criminally underused since and this season in particular when he should have been first choice striker in every game.

• Like 2

Guest Grandad

Jordan Rhodes has now scored a goal every 157 minutes hes been allowed to play this season.

The inability of our managers to play him will cost us relegation

Just now, 4evaowl said:

For the first two and a half years of his contract, we had a plethora of strikers, so he didn’t get a look in but he’s been criminally underused since and this season in particular when he should have been first choice striker in every game.

He disnt get a look in because he was rubbish. Hes playing now because we have no other options.

• Haha 1

Guest Grandad
Just now, catdog1121 said:

This is so typical of Wednesday though, we spend a fortune on a player, only with a few months left of his contract does he start banging in the goals... Too many players seem to do this its like they need to put themself in the shop window..

WEVE NOT PLAYED HIM

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
6 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Not sure how you work that out

Because the club loses at least £8m in revenue each season, being in L1 rather than the championship.

11 minutes ago, Andrew6666 said:

Criminally mismanaged for 4 years.

This is the first manager that's played him regularly. 

From memory, when he first arrived he missed only 1 of the first 22 games (rested for an early round cup match), starting 16 of them. He scored just 3, and that was in a team that finished 4th that first season. 

• Like 1

Guest Grandad
7 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

From memory, when he first arrived he missed only 1 of the first 22 games (rested for an early round cup match), starting 16 of them. He scored just 3, and that was in a team that finished 4th that first season. 

Youve consistently had a massive downer on him

Hes ramming that right down your throat isnt he.