Jordan Rhodes goal

Guest T Hardy
7 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

From memory, when he first arrived he missed only 1 of the first 22 games (rested for an early round cup match), starting 16 of them. He scored just 3, and that was in a team that finished 4th that first season. 

Yep - he does better for crap teams, hence why we see a bit of form from him now 

24 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Jordan Rhodes has now scored a goal every 157 minutes hes been allowed to play this season.

The inability of our managers to play him will cost us relegation

Great management to get that scoring rate out of him this season.

He's not been wasted in too many games where he'd be ineffective, nor kept on the pitch longer than his energy levels generally allow. He's looked nice and fresh today, which is good to see.

In terms of goals and all-round play, this has been easily his best season in a Wednesday shirt, particularly as the season draws to a close. It seems him and Windass are starting to bring the best out of each other in recent weeks.

😉

5 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Youve consistently had a massive downer on him

Hes ramming that right down your throat isnt he.

Come on now. It's been suggested we've invested somewhere in the region of £14m in him. He is a million miles away from justifying that outlay and not one supporter would have been happy if at the time they would have known how it would turn out. If he keeps playing well and we pull off the unlikely escape this season, he will at least have rescued something from the overall situation. 

But as I keep saying, much of my criticism has been for the hypocrites who move the goalposts when judging him, rather than the player himself (perhaps best demonstrated by the almost identical minutes per goal compared to the likes of Windass and Nuhiu before today). When we had a wealth of striking talent his place in the stands was absolutely merited. Things have changed and I've agreed many times that he should have had more opportunities this season. The other players in his position are not very good and he is looking more up for the fight. While that's the case he deserves to play and get the plaudits. Nothing to do with a vendetta and it's a shame you have to be so petulant about it.

• Like 2

Just now, DJMortimer said:

Come on now. It's been suggested we've invested somewhere in the region of £14m in him. He is a million miles away from justifying that outlay and not one supporter would have been happy if at the time they would have known how it would turn out. If he keeps playing well and we pull off the unlikely escape this season, he will at least have rescued something from the overall situation. 

But as I keep saying, much of my criticism has been for the hypocrites who move the goalposts when judging him, rather than the player himself (perhaps best demonstrated by the almost identical minutes per goal compared to the likes of Windass and Nuhiu before today). When we had a wealth of striking talent his place in the stands was absolutely merited. Things have changed and I've agreed many times that he should have had more opportunities this season. The other players in his position are not very good and he is looking more up for the fight. While that's the case he deserves to play and get the plaudits. Nothing to do with a vendetta and it's a shame you have to be so petulant about it.

A reminder that Jordan Rhodes did not decide his wages or the transfer fee we paid for him.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Guest whowantstoberich
1 hour ago, hugeowl said:

He looks a bit more motivated lately 

Thats probably because his contract is almost up and he needs to get in the shop window

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

A reminder that Jordan Rhodes did not decide his wages or the transfer fee we paid for him.

That aspect of his transfer is a damning indictment of the ownership team, not the player. But it is an expedient excuse to sweep all the other issues under the rug when looking at what he is accountable for.

Truth is, we never needed him in the first place as we already had huge numbers of experienced and talented forwards at the club and other areas of the squad where reinforcements actually were required. When you consider the overall financial situation, this was all the more insane.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Indeed and if we do get relegated IMO he'd score plenty in Lge 1 if he signed a sensible new contract.

Apparently he's already agreed terms with HTFC, for next season. Then again someone also apparently in know has mentioned Celtic.

5 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

And nor is it him suggesting that if he continues scoring between now and the end of the season then he'll have justified the money Chansiri invested in him.

I'm sure he'll be more frustrated than anyone about how his Wednesday career has panned out.

Guest whowantstoberich
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Ah thought it might be some mad nonsense that his haters use today

lol

I don’t hate him I am just making a point