Pelupessy

22 minutes ago, bobness said:

Another player that leaves for nothing. While we're celebrating getting rid of some dead wood and freeing up salaries, let's not forget the club's inability to actually sell players. 

With that said, Joey would probably make a good League 1 player. 

As we've been merrily charging through the league's spending restrictions, thus earning us the points deductions and dearth of talent that will doom us to League One next season, how much have we actually raised through player sales in the Chansiri era? Isn't the sum total something like £6m for Joao, £1.5m for Hunt and the odd few hundred grand here and there such as for Rhoys Wiggins?

Meanwhile, that fool had the nerve to criticise Brentford who have only received something like £120m in that same period, and are once again challenging to be in the Premier League.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest mrbluesky
31 minutes ago, Shetland Owl said:

think he would be ok in L1

Every time Joey's name is mentioned the above quote comes out, that said, I couldn't give a throw, give him 4 years on 40k a week for me.

Guest whowantstoberich
23 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

Yes, he is that bad that other Championship clubs want him.

According to who? His agent 

Lol

Nah.

Not a footballer....just like Lees he panics on the ball.

Can we please sign some actual footballers. 

We are probably going to be trying to play possession football next season. We need players who are comfortable in possession. 

• Like 2

Compare the money we waste on Pelupessy to the contract we offered Shaw. I bet Pelupessy is at least double what they offered Shaw.

One could be worth millions in a few seasons the other won't.

#wellrunclub

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

He's a decent squad player at this level who's never injured and comes relatively cheaply, I'd imagine.

I'm not surprised there are clubs considering a move for him.

He’s full of endeavour but he has zero quality when on the ball. Apart from chasing and harrying I don’t see what he offers 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Compare the money we waste on Pelupessy to the contract we offered Shaw. I bet Pelupessy is at least double what they offered Shaw.

One could be worth millions in a few seasons the other won't.

#wellrunclub

Hutchinson, Bannan, Lees you could say that about all of them.

I'll go against the grain here.    I believe he will stay, and that's not the bit I think that goes against the grain.  

I think he'd have a very good season for us next year in League 1.     May actually play like he did on those video's we were all sold on before he signed for us.

• Love 1

1 minute ago, 83owl said:

Hutchinson, Bannan, Lees you could say that about all of them.

Indeed but DC will pay silly wages for players we need to get rid off, then quibble on a few grand for players who should be out future.

The same will happen with Hunt, Urhoghide, Waldock, Brennan 

• Like 1

Guest wilyfox

Signing inferior quality like Pelupessy is one of the reasons we’re going down in the first place. He certainly doesn’t have the quality to get us back up.

For people that say he’d be ok in league one; why? Relegation won’t suddenly improve his skills set. Joey ain’t gonna start play-making and picking his passes. He’s crap.

1 minute ago, Django said:

He’s full of endeavour but he has zero quality when on the ball. Apart from chasing and harrying I don’t see what he offers 

Pretty much that, plus he's tidy enough in possession and generally protects the ball pretty well.

If you're looking for a player to get on the ball and make things happen, Pelupessy is next to useless. If you're looking for a squad player who can fill in when others are injured or tiring, put a few tackles in, and add a bit of energy to midfield, then he's okay.

I doubt any clubs at this level would consider him as a regular fist choice starter, but as a backup option, he's got his uses.

• Thanks 1