Pelupessy

25 minutes ago, torryowl said:

yes he is .  ,.......you dont rate then fair enough but plenty of others do including the 5 managers and 2 caretakers who nearly always include in there squads , the fact that he's played a 100 games says  he's a championship player and i for one hope that he if we do go down then next season he's a league 1 player with us . 

Yep. Facts are facts. Armchair managers (including me) can say what we want (I’ve slated him at times, particularly about his passing). Fact is 5 Championship managers have been picking the bloke. I think he’ll end up at another Championship club. He’s improved greatly. He even linked up with Green to set up an attack yesterday. His injury record is fantastic as well. He’s always available and never seems to tire on the pitch. He could end up at a newly promoted team from L1 maybe. 

• Like 1

To be fair to the lad he was a cheap stop gap signing. We were desperately short of leadership at the time and he was his club captain, was an ever present and cheap signing compared to the millions we wasted on others and almost always available. 

That said would I keep him? 

No if we do go down is like to give waldock, bashiru or some other kids (if we've any left) a chance to break through. 

1 hour ago, CircleSeven said:

Yep. Facts are facts. Armchair managers (including me) can say what we want (I’ve slated him at times, particularly about his passing). Fact is 5 Championship managers have been picking the bloke. I think he’ll end up at another Championship club. He’s improved greatly. He even linked up with Green to set up an attack yesterday. His injury record is fantastic as well. He’s always available and never seems to tire on the pitch. He could end up at a newly promoted team from L1 maybe. 

Prior to Moore, he was predominantly on the bench so wasn’t exactly being picked was he

14 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

Prior to Moore, he was predominantly on the bench so wasn’t exactly being picked was he

I’d say he’s been in and out of the team as a starter. But he’s always been brought on even when he was on the bench. More so than a lot of the other players. So really i’d say yes. He has been picked by all of the managers. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

I agree. He's given a job to do and invariably does it. He'll never be a world beater but he's there to tackle, break it up, give it and make a general nuisance of himself. Which he generally does. He's has the odd mistake in him, but his energy and willingness to run compensates for that. Plus he's always available. I imagine he's a positive force in the dressing room as well.

He's borderline average in a very borderline average team. 

I'm not really sure what the harsh critics are expecting at the moment.

He's poor in a poor team. We are 23rd. Nothing average about that!

3 hours ago, torryowl said:

yes he is .  ,.......you dont rate then fair enough but plenty of others do including the 5 managers and 2 caretakers who nearly always include in there squads , the fact that he's played a 100 games says  he's a championship player and i for one hope that he if we do go down then next season he's a league 1 player with us . 

He's going to be relegated this season. You're not telling me he's one of the players above average in this squad. 

He is not a better player than:

Westwood 

Lees 

Borner

Reach

Bannan 

Uroghide

Shaw 

Windass 

Hutchinson 

What people glorify him for is the basic minimum requirements, the fact that's all he's capable of is why he's not good enough. He can't pick a pass out over 10 yards, can't shoot, panics with the ball at feet and never causes any issues from free kicks/corners. 

He just runs around a lot, closes players down and sometimes get the odd decent tackle in. 

If we stay up, I can't why anyone would want to keep him. 

6 hours ago, 0742 said:

He is not a better player than:

Westwood 

Lees 

Borner

Reach

Bannan 

Uroghide

Shaw 

Windass 

Hutchinson 

He doesnt have to be a better player than them , all he as to do is do the job the managers want him to do and he seems to do it well. .....which is more than can be  said for some of those in the list .

• Like 4

8 hours ago, 0742 said:

You're not telling me he's one of the players above average in this squad. 

I didn't. You're making things up now.

I also think you're letting your bias get in the way of reality. But you see only what you want to see.

Yes he doesn't always fair well when he's pressed in possession, but I'd put Lees ahead of him on that score who's cost us goals.

I really don't understand why some of our fans go after a player and then press the point home for the rest of the season. Many did it with Fox, Nuihu and no doubt others. It almost seems like personal animosity at times.

I don't particularly like Windass at the moment but whilst I may point out his negatives I also acknowledge what he positively brings to the table.

Joey will never be a world beater but he has improved this season, just as Fox did before he gave up and left.

We're not premier League, we're barely even championship. We don't deserve to be at the moment. It's time people remember the 90's and early 2000's with fondness but acknowledge our current reality. We are league 1, we will have players of that standard, Joey us one of those players, whether or not he decides to stay.

• Like 2

On 19/03/2021 at 18:04, yeadonowl said:

He’s awful, get shut as soon as possible 

Can’t tackle, can’t pass, doesn’t score, doesn’t create any chances 

should have got rid last summer

You've basically highlighted our whole squad of midfielders in that post.

• Like 1