Pelupessy

13 hours ago, 0742 said:

Did you see the back pass the other night, that Westwood had to clear with a header?! 

he has never been good enough, not for a id table team and not for one fighting to stay in the division. His composure on the ball with his back to goal is awful, his distribution of anything over 10 yards is dismal, he cannot pick a run out and he's liable to commit fouls when chasing back as his tackling is poor. 

Seems like a nice bloke and has lovely hair though. 

Sorry, you’re right. He’s the only player to have made a mistake 

I mean, you wouldn’t see Bannan misplacing a ridiculous pass that leads to the opponent’s scoring from would you?

51 minutes ago, Miffed said:

Sorry, you’re right. He’s the only player to have made a mistake 

I mean, you wouldn’t see Bannan misplacing a ridiculous pass that leads to the opponent’s scoring from would you?

This thread is about Pelupessy, no point throwing such basic strawman arguments around when there's a dedicated thread on Bannan. 

Dear God don`t make the same mistake twice !!

The lads a trier , I`ll give him that , but at the risk of sounding like Wilder we shouldnt be praising him for that , that should be the very least he offers , the fact that we have a raft of other players that dont is another matter.

As a footballer he is desperately limited, and i suggest all those saying "he will be useful in League 1" need to source some league 1 games from this season to watch , as they are in for a f***in big surprise.

I watched half an hour of an Oxford game last month , cant remember the opposition , but what i do remember thinking is , both these sides would absolutely mullah Wednesday.

Edited by sheriwozgod

1 hour ago, StudentOwl said:

Can someone smarter than me explain why, if Joey is so bad, we average 1.31 points per game when he starts for us this season, but when he doesn't start we only average 0.7 points per game?

Over a 46 game season, that's a difference between getting 60 points and getting 32 points. 

Can anyone explain that?

We definitely play as more of a team when Joey plays and it gives us better balance in the midfield. He doesn't just sit and occupy space like Hutchinson would in front of the back four, or want to get forward all the time like Shaw. He is goes and chases the game down and then gives it to our best player to do something with it.

Watch him off the ball aswell he also points and shouts alot more than Bannan does and tells alot of players where they should be covering and getting to. But apparently a bloke from the crowd could do that.

He understands the position and his role and although he might be the labelled the worst footballer we have ever had he gets picked because he just does the basics on the ball and is the best most disciplined player off it..   We have alot of players who play for themselves, always have. So it's no coincidence that when a team player plays results improve in a team based game is it. 

The last two games are evidence of us being better as a team when he is in it.

We really miss Luongo though. Had he been fit all season. I don't believe we would be in this position we are in. 

He is a Joey Pelupessy, but who is good on the ball.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, 0742 said:

This thread is about Pelupessy, no point throwing such basic strawman arguments around when there's a dedicated thread on Bannan. 

The point I was making is that once some people have decided that a player is no good, then every performance is scrutinised and each small mistake is highlighted and intensified.

Whereas other players are seemingly immune to criticism, even when they make mistakes that are far worse.

8 minutes ago, Miffed said:

The point I was making is that once some people have decided that a player is no good, then every performance is scrutinised and each small mistake is highlighted and intensified.

Whereas other players are seemingly immune to criticism, even when they make mistakes that are far worse.

And if you read the thread i mentioned, you would realise that is simply not true. 

Pelupessy is very poor, his back pass the other night highlighted everything that is wrong with his game. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 0742 said:

And if you read the thread i mentioned, you would realise that is simply not true. 

Pelupessy is very poor, his back pass the other night highlighted everything that is wrong with his game. 

Pelupessy is very poor on the ball. Which is why he doesn't play as much as he should. Players actually avoid giving him the ball. 

But we do play better when he plays despite that. Stats back it up.

• Like 1

pelupessy gets abuse but he is  a million miles off the problem this season. he is a limited footballer but gives 100% every game. look at players like bannan reach harris and what ever joke is up front ,and having the worst full backs in the league i think is far more the problem. but he still needs to move on this summer. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Miffed said:

well we all know bannan and reach and that hopeless fool called harris are the ones we should be criticising . its just hard to believe how bad we are . if we played against 10 players all season i honestly think we would still be bottom 3 and im not even joking 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

And that attempted shot on an empty goal when their goalie was miles out of his goal. It went out for a throw in, embarrassing.

Ah yeah forgot about that. 

He didn't know where to look after that

Guest OrlandoUnTrustful

Let’s make a player that gives 100%, never moans and keeps fit the scapegoat.

I understand he has a limited set of abilities but we should be keeping him for next season. You will get more out of him than Luongo over a full season.

I think some fans need to give their head a wobble.

3 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

We definitely play as more of a team when Joey plays and it gives us better balance in the midfield. He doesn't just sit and occupy space like Hutchinson would in front of the back four, or want to get forward all the time like Shaw. He is goes and chases the game down and then gives it to our best player to do something with it.

Watch him off the ball aswell he also points and shouts alot more than Bannan does and tells alot of players where they should be covering and getting to. But apparently a bloke from the crowd could do that.

He understands the position and his role and although he might be the labelled the worst footballer we have ever had he gets picked because he just does the basics on the ball and is the best most disciplined player off it..   We have alot of players who play for themselves, always have. So it's no coincidence that when a team player plays results improve in a team based game is it. 

We really miss Luongo though. Had he been fit all season. I don't believe we would be in this position we are in. 

Good post. 

At the start of the season I was against signing him as he isn't good enough at this level, even as a squad player, I think his wage could have been better spent on a young player from the league below but it evident our recruitment doesn't value moves like that at all. 

As you say, Luongo is far more effective in that position but for the first time in his career he has become injury prone, perhaps the reason he ended up here in the first place. 

Dele Bashiru, who could have been a contender to be picked ahead of him, has turned out to be a big disappointment. With what we have as a squad I would pick him regularly in a 3-man midfield, he has been more effective than Hutchinson in midfield this season. 

Joey has done better than I expected, which can't be said for many of our players this season so he deserves credit for that. However, look at the last time we were successful in League One. Semedo was the backbone of our midfield, also a limited passer, carrier of the ball but far more effective in the role than Pelupessy. We need better in that position, even in the 3rd division, though he might still be worth keeping as a squad player.  

2 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

And that attempted shot on an empty goal when their goalie was miles out of his goal. It went out for a throw in, embarrassing.

Yep that settles it then. He messed up a shot so it’s embarrassing. I presume you think Hutchinson is the same for passing straight to their player from the drop ball?

All these players are embarrassing as well for some of these errors. No way I would want KDB in our squad after shanking a penalty like that or Werner wouldn’t get in our team as he can’t finish from a yard out. 

3 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Yes we really miss luongo. Not outstanding at anything but pretty good all round, the type of player I think is well suited to this league. Chipped in with the odd goal as well which we really need.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Good post. 

At the start of the season I was against signing him as he isn't good enough at this level, even as a squad player, I think his wage could have been better spent on a young player from the league below but it evident our recruitment doesn't value moves like that at all. 

As you say, Luongo is far more effective in that position but for the first time in his career he has become injury prone, perhaps the reason he ended up here in the first place. 

Dele Bashiru, who could have been a contender to be picked ahead of him, has turned out to be a big disappointment. With what we have as a squad I would pick him regularly in a 3-man midfield, he has been more effective than Hutchinson in midfield this season. 

Joey has done better than I expected, which can't be said for many of our players this season so he deserves credit for that. However, look at the last time we were successful in League One. Semedo was the backbone of our midfield, also a limited passer, carrier of the ball but far more effective in the role than Pelupessy. We need better in that position, even in the 3rd division, though he might still be worth keeping as a squad player.  

I actually think he would be ideal for League One. And would be an important player for us next season if we go down.

2 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

I actually think he would be ideal for League One. And would be an important player for us next season if we go down.

I think he'd get seven bells knocked out of him.

For all his 'fitness, reliability and effort' his physicality is poor- he's far too easily knocked off the ball and players drift past him at times as though he's standing still. His timing is also poor resulting in many a clumsy challenge and unnecessary free kick.