Pelupessy

3 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

Nope. The most important quality to win games and get out of any division is quality. Which both pelupessy and the squad lacks in abundance. 

A team with players like Bannan, Reach, Lees, Westwood, Hutchinson, Iorfa and Luongo shouldn't be getting relegated. It's about application and desire. A team full of players like Pelupessy would not get you relegated.

When all those players leave and play well for their new clubs because there are consequences if they don't. You will see that the whole culture of this club must change. 

It's been seen as a retirement home for your last pay day for the last few years.

20k a week and you get to sit on the treatment table most of the month. 

Easy life.

Few training sessions, couple of u23 games. Pretend you give a damn about your one senior appearance in 2 months.

Simpson and Morrison are the latest to try and join the retirement party.

We need to learn to sign players who's first thought is to run through a brickwall for the club.  Not post stuff on social media from the treatment room.

• Like 2

Guest Therealrealist

Joey is apparently one of our lowest earners but still trousers a decent 8k a week..if you know the lower leagues you should be able to get a top up and coming youngster for that money...I’m not arsed either way tbh...but there is no interest from any other clubs in England..believe you me

9 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

A team with players like Bannan, Reach, Lees, Westwood, Hutchinson, Iorfa and Luongo shouldn't be getting relegated. It's about application and desire. A team full of players like Pelupessy would not get you relegated.

When all those players leave and play well for their new clubs because there are consequences if they don't. You will see that the whole culture of this club must change. 

It's been seen as a retirement home for your last pay day for the last few years.

20k a week and you get to sit on the treatment table most of the month. 

Easy life.

Few training sessions, couple of u23 games. Pretend you give a damn about your one senior appearance in 2 months.

Simpson and Morrison are the latest to try and join the retirement party.

We need to learn to sign players who's first thought is to run through a brickwall for the club.  Not post stuff on social media from the treatment room.

11 Joey's would have been relegated by Xmas. You can get 11 blokes off the kop that would run through brick walls for the club, do you think that would get promotion?

To get promotion from league one you do need some hard players ( semedo was fantastic last time round, even if a limited player) but you also need some nouse, like Rob Jones and flair like Antonio

• Like 1

Nothing surprises me these days but I’m genuinely surprised he’s had the career he has. Staggering. In saying that I’ve always enjoyed observing the way he and the coward of the county (also out of contract) always get the wrong side of their opposite number......(shakes his head)

3 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

11 Joey's would have been relegated by Xmas. You can get 11 blokes off the kop that would run through brick walls for the club, do you think that would get promotion?

To get promotion from league one you do need some hard players ( semedo was fantastic last time round, even if a limited player) but you also need some nouse, like Rob Jones and flair like Antonio

Anybody in this level of football is good enough to be there or they wouldn't be and are certainly cut out for the level below.. In terms of your 11 blokes off the kop comment. 

I mean 11 players with Joeys attitude. 

What's 11 defensive midfielders that can barely pass a ball gonna to do in a team.

lol

Watch Pelupessy off the ball, he points and shouts and organises as good as anyone we got. 

1 minute ago, pazowl55 said:

Anybody in this level of football is good enough to be there or they wouldn't be and are certainly cut out for the level below.. In terms of your 11 blokes off the kop comment. 

What's 11 defensive midfielders that can barely pass a ball gonna to do in a team.

lol

Watch Pelupessy off the ball, he points and shouts and organises as good as anyone we got. 

Yes he does a lot of shouting.... what do they say.....those who can do, those who can't, teach...or in this case shout

I am not criticising his attitude, just his effectiveness

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Yes he does a lot of shouting.... what do they say.....those who can do, those who can't, teach...or in this case shout

I am not criticising his attitude, just his effectiveness

Fair enough. But he has been picked now by a whole host of different managers. So they must think he does his job pretty effectively.

15 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

lol

Jesus - I can shout and organise 

can anyone name me a game where Joey has played an absolute blinder.....because I can’t think of a single game??  He offers absolutely zero to our team

2 minutes ago, Silkstone Owl said:

can anyone name me a game where Joey has played an absolute blinder.....because I can’t think of a single game??  He offers absolutely zero to our team

I can organise a group of portrait painters and tell them what to do...but would struggle to draw a stick man myself.....

2 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

How many of our current ineffective merry band of players have also been selected by 6/7 managers?

The consistent performing better players will always get picked.  Reach  Bannan  Lees.

But in Joey aren't we talking about the worst player to pull on a Jersey here in our history.  Shouldn't even be kicking a ball for the u23s he is that bad isn't he?  

What do all these professional managers see in him.??

7 minutes ago, Silkstone Owl said:

When does a defensive midfielder ever stand out!!!

If he keeps getting picked. Which he did for something like 12 games in a row earlier on in the season. Even before we knew Golden Boy was signing for Celtic, then it means he does his job.

1 hour ago, torryowl said:

would shaw have the discipline to play the defensive mid field role ?... i dont think he would he seems to me to be a player who like to get  forward .........

I don't get this 'defensive midfielder' tag, what does it mean, he can't go past the half way line?

To me all the midfielders should be capable of helping to defend when necessary and getting forward to support the attack.

44 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Joey is apparently one of our lowest earners but still trousers a decent 8k a week..if you know the lower leagues you should be able to get a top up and coming youngster for that money...I’m not arsed either way tbh...but there is no interest from any other clubs in England..believe you me

“Trousers” made me smile.......not heard that in a long time. 

8 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

The consistent performing better players will always get picked.  Reach  Bannan  Lees.

But in Joey aren't we talking about the worst player to pull on a Jersey here in our history.  Shouldn't even be kicking a ball for the u23s he is that bad isn't he?  

What do all these professional managers see in him.??

The current alternative at 'DM' are? Hutchinson in defence, Luongo injured, Shaw with one eye on Celtic..... not the worst player in our history, but currently he is one of the least effective players for years

13 minutes ago, Silkstone Owl said:

Exactly ....I bet even his most ardent supporters can count on one hand the number of games where they have come away thinking wow Pelupessy had a good game.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

The current alternative at 'DM' are? Hutchinson in defence, Luongo injured, Shaw with one eye on Celtic..... not the worst player in our history, but currently he is one of the least effective players for years

If he was that bad another from the u23s would have replaced him or we would have played another there from a different position in his place.

But we have actually put Hutchinson at the back and put Joey in. Even though we have other centre backs on the bench. 

Least effective player for years at attacking, fair enough. but it's not why he is picked.