Pelupessy

16 minutes ago, Pughies Jockstrap said:

No please please dont tell me he's thinking of staying. Ive supported them since 1967 and he is without doubt the most ineffective footballer I have ever seen in a Wednesday shirt and believe me he's up against some stiff competition. If this individual is offered a new contract I am done sorry but it will be the straw that broke the camels back this time.

The most ineffective? Really? THE MOST? 

From a club that’s had players like Daryll Lachman, Sergiu Bus etc, and Pelupessy is top of that list?

And after all the things that’s happened joey Pelupessy getting a contract is where you draw the line? Not the likes of Urby Emmanuelson getting 20k a week to make 1 sub appearance?

• Like 2

he's ok in the role that he plays  so theres no reason to think he wouldnt be in league one .......if we get rid of him then we'll only get another of his ilk to play the defensive midfield and no doubt he'll cop some  for not weighing  with in with half dozen goals and 10 assists . 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

Compare the money we waste on Pelupessy to the contract we offered Shaw. I bet Pelupessy is at least double what they offered Shaw.

One could be worth millions in a few seasons the other won't.

#wellrunclub

This.... even if Shaw doesn't improve he is better than Joey

1 hour ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

The most ineffective? Really? THE MOST? 

From a club that’s had players like Daryll Lachman, Sergiu Bus etc, and Pelupessy is top of that list?

And after all the things that’s happened joey Pelupessy getting a contract is where you draw the line? Not the likes of Urby Emmanuelson getting 20k a week to make 1 sub appearance?

The worst ive seen.

He's not a bad player. Gets undeserved stick alot of the time but I can hardly claim I'll lose any sleep if he goes. Theres nothing about Joey Pelupessy staying that would make me any more confident about a strong league one campaign. 

Just now, nbupperthongowl said:

This.... even if Shaw doesn't improve he is better than Joey

would shaw have the discipline to play the defensive mid field role ?... i dont think he would he seems to me to be a player who like to get  forward .........

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

I think so, not convinced that Joey does enough in that role to influence the game

Joey influences the game by winning the ball back. It's not his fault that when he passes to Reach and Bannan they do naff all with it.

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

And the games where he has won less than 3 tackles....and is regularly bypassed?

Blocks and interceptions don't count as tackles and he also does them. 

Personally if we go down I would be offering him a new contract. Decent at the role he does, always committed, never injured. 

Really don't know what people are expecting us to sign if we go down. 

But the most important quality will need for League One we be players willing to battle. Pelupessy does that better than anyone we currently got.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Blocks and interceptions don't count as tackles and he also does them. 

Personally if we go down I would be offering him a new contract. Decent at the role he does, always committed, never injured. 

Really don't know what people are expecting us to sign if we go down. 

But the most important quality will need for League One we be players willing to battle. Pelupessy does that better than anyone we currently got.

Nope. The most important quality to win games and get out of any division is quality. Which both pelupessy and the squad lacks in abundance. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

He got motm in an awful game between two poor sides. More often than not he stands out as being ineffective.

I would be astonished if he moved to another championship club.

yes I agree. If he ends up staying he won’t have had Championship interest. I hope he does and signs for one. 

• Like 1