We'll stay up this season

Nah mate. Your wrong I’m afraid. I think Moore is the right man. I can see what he’s trying to get us to do and I like it. But it’s about five fixtures too late. It’s all about shaping things for next season and giving a few teams a bit of a fright on the way down. 
At least we gave Norwich something to think about today! Took them an hour to get back on level terms and they scored two absolute cracking goals to beat us. 
Im not dreading the Huddersfield game but we don’t have enough winnable fixtures to stay up. 
Hope I’m wrong, but the Birmingham, Luton and Rotherham games killed us off I fear. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lanzaroteowl said:

There I've said it.

The way we played on the whole today we'll win more than we lose.

Went in to the game expecting a 4-0 thrashing. But we showed some bottle and some guile.

It's not over yet boys.

I admire your optimism and today was hopefully a good sign in terms of how Moore wants to play. Unfortunately I think it won't be enough for this season as he doesn't have enough to work with to turn the points difference around. We have not got results against the bottom 6 sides which will be our downfall. 

Don't forget we played well in a very encouraging win at promotion chasing Bournemouth not long ago. Huddersfield really is last chance saloon. If we can't beat them we can't expect to win 5 or more of our last 10, which we will need. 

3 minutes ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

No chance, yes a good first half and poor second but signs of something BUT 7 pts behind Birmingham, Rotherham have 4 games in hand so likely to raise that gap to let’s say 8/9 pts

8/9 pts behind 4th bottom with 11 to go

nope 

That's it really. If either of those win just a couple of their last 10/12 games and get a couple of draws then we will need 5 or 6 wins. It's not realistic. 

10 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Playing quite well twice against Norwich means nothing when we've lost at home to Birmingham and Rotherham and thrown away a 2 goal lead against Luton in the space of a few weeks. That's why we're going down. 

Spot on. You don't get relegated because you lose to the top of the table. You get relegated because you lose to the teams around you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, lanzaroteowl said:

There I've said it.

The way we played on the whole today we'll win more than we lose.

Went in to the game expecting a 4-0 thrashing. But we showed some bottle and some guile.

It's not over yet boys.

Hope you're right pal 😃

• Like 1

At one nil up I was having a look at the table thinking an unexpected win could put us right back in it. We’ve had long bad runs interspersed with some good runs too around Xmas and the start of the season.

But that alone shows how fragile we are and each game is like the season in microcosm. Some good moments totally undone by some real naivety