We'll stay up this season

3 hours ago, lanzaroteowl said:

There I've said it.

The way we played on the whole today we'll win more than we lose.

Went in to the game expecting a 4-0 thrashing. But we showed some bottle and some guile.

It's not over yet boys.

I wish I had your confidence chansiri  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, lanzaroteowl said:

There I've said it.

Went in to the game expecting a 4-0 thrashing. But we showed some bottle and some guile.

It's not over yet boys.

Nurse , nurse bring the medication! 

• Haha 1

Based on PPG Rotherham will finish in 21st on around 46 points. Meaning we need 47.

This means we need to pick up 1.72 ppg to even have a chance of staying up.

Means we need a record of W5 4D 2L from our last 11 to even have a chance.

Be the greatest escape in our history at this point surely. 

I do admire folks optimism on this question, but does the club honestly deserve to stay up? Do the players honestly deserve to stay up?  Does a team that’s on its third managerial/ coaching team deserve to stay up? On all three I have to say no I don’t think so. Do the long suffering customers/ fans deserve to stay up? Always, although there’s little chance of the fans influencing what happens on the pitch.

We are going out with a whimper as I see it, we can’t hang on to a lead, we have poor substitutes that can’t change a game or help us hang on, we have a constant flow of managers who trot out the same old platitudes week in week out,  we have the same list of sick, lame and lazy, what the hell happened to character in this game? Are they not ashamed of the way they surrender each time? 
My eldest son has moved into Hillsborough just the other side of the park from the ground, I had thought of going up to see him and maybe going to a game next season but, f*** me I’m downright ashamed of the whole f****** shambles!
Will I turn up at Home Park to watch Argyle slaughter a League One Wednesday side...not on your Nellie!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, BrotherOwlExile said:

If you're doing well you can earn 2 pts a game. With 11 games left that's 22 points which would put us on 50 points. 

Hash-just-saying. UTOs. Seriously we were good today. Beaten only by quality funded by the bent parachute payments system form the PL. We do actually still have a chance but we need to start winning, like the gaffer said today. Starting on Weds v Huddersld. 

Now pass me the sangria and vodka.

To be fair that Norwich team was built fairly cheaply. Don’t think they spent millions on it. 

Pukki was a free I believe and Cantwell an academy product.

Edited by SallyCinnamon
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Hamakua Pueo said:

Brum’s next 4 fixtures are Reading, Watford, Swansea, Brentford. I expect on close of business on April 6, they will be on 35 points, like today.

There is always hope. I expect a result for us against the hapless ‘udders-a draw perhaps to end our current run. Then a win against the Tykes, just cause that is so contrary and they are overdue to be brought back to earth, and a local derby is the place to do that.

Keep the faith. We will be saved by Birmingham and Rotherham ineptness, and Moore will start to get results in the run in.

Birmingham have just sacked Aitor Karanka, what's the chance they now start wining.

21 minutes ago, Busmansholiday said:

Birmingham have just sacked Aitor Karanka, what's the chance they now start wining.

That would certainly be a revolting development.

i see Mr. Pulis an early bookmakers’ favorite for the position. Maybe he can be our savior after all.

5 hours ago, Gob_Bluth said:

If we'd have bit the bullet and got Moore instead of Pulis, we wouldn't be in this predicament right now

The appointment of Pulis is what did us this season, I'm 100% certain in this

You are right. Tp was playing politics and was making a point for the transfer window. He totally shafted us. Horrible manager. From day one he was courting the media for his own personal gain. If he put as much effort in to the team we might have stood a chance. Looking back he cost us 10 games. What with a 6 point deduction if it wasn't for Thompson we would not have a chance. 

We have the right manager now. Whether he has enough time to keep us up. Who knows it's very very tight. The stats and everything else looks against us. We need form we have never looked like achieving. What an achievement it would be 

• Like 1

On 14/03/2021 at 18:33, Gob_Bluth said:

The 6 points was overcome-able

Pulis 1 win in 10 games was not, the real damage to the morale of the squad was done then

If Moore had come in then, we'd be comfortably lower mid table by now, not a doubt in my mind

Flat earther....

11 hours ago, parajack said:

Flat earther....

Bit rude, use your language to debate the points rather than throwing insults around ay

You telling me that Moore wouldn't have got more than 7 points in 10 games that Pulis got.

Doris the tea lady could have got more than 7 points in 10 games

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gob_Bluth said:

Bit rude, use your language to debate the points rather than throwing insults around ay

You telling me that Moore wouldn't have got more than 7 points in 10 games that Pulis got.

Doris the tea lady could have got more than 7 points in 10 games

Think you missed the humour meant in my post mate.....no harm intended,as to TP i think he was shell shocked by what he found,clearly based on results,his summary was correct about the importance of the transfer window.

DM? i should hold your horses on the comparison mate,played 3 lost 3 currently....playing one up front,and playing out from the back,may well see him lose the remaining matches

We shall see...

• Love 1

Guest Andy W
On 14/03/2021 at 15:22, lanzaroteowl said:

There I've said it.

It's not over yet boys.

It is over and we won't

11 minutes ago, parajack said:

Think you missed the humour meant in my post mate.....no harm intended,as to TP i think he was shell shocked by what he found,clearly based on results,his summary was correct about the importance of the transfer window.

DM? i should hold your horses on the comparison mate,played 3 lost 3 currently....playing one up front,and playing out from the back,may well see him lose the remaining matches

We shall see...

Its easily done over text mate, no hard feelings 🙂

I get what you're saying but two of those games were Reading & Norwich, games we'd have struggled with no matter who was the manager

We'll gloss over the Rotherham result 🤣 but I'm still trying to be glass half full, I think he's got something about him but time will tell