Is it time to embrace League 1 yet? And if so...

I fell back in love with The Wednesday when we were in league 1. I don't really care what league we're in as long as we win a few games. Cardiff was an amazing day out. Whycomb was an amazing day at Hillsborough. 2 of my best memories of the last god knows how long have come in league 1. Whatever league we're on me and my son will be there as per. We go to watch The Wednesday, not the opponents. Whoever we are playing I don't really like them for the day, be that forest Green or Nottingham forest. Arsenal or Accrington. Man u or Salford. They're all the same to me, teams I want to win against. I've accepted we are down. Will keep an eye on the rwat of this season but not gonna get too invested in will we won't we, this team has finished me for a few months after the last 2 games. I'll be back, but need a bit of a break. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, 442 said:

In no way a dig at you.

But, Christ. How depressing is that sentence.

But that’s how far we’ve fallen mate ...... our fans have to stop thinking we’re something special....we’re the tin pot club now 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, mildatheart67 said:

I believe we will stay up but am now haunted that Rhian Brewster gets a hatrick against us.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I’d like to know what makes you think we can stay up this season? 

1 minute ago, latemodelchild said:

I fell back in love with The Wednesday when we were in league 1. I don't really care what league we're in as long as we win a few games. Cardiff was an amazing day out. Whycomb was an amazing day at Hillsborough. 2 of my best memories of the last god knows how long have come in league 1. Whatever league we're on me and my son will be there as per. We go to watch The Wednesday, not the opponents. Whoever we are playing I don't really like them for the day, be that forest Green or Nottingham forest. Arsenal or Accrington. Man u or Salford. They're all the same to me, teams I want to win against. I've accepted we are down. Will keep an eye on the rwat of this season but not gonna get too invested in will we won't we, this team has finished me for a few months after the last 2 games. I'll be back, but need a bit of a break. 

I’m torn

This mess isn’t Moore’s fault and he deserves the fans backing next season, however Chansiri has shown once again how incompetent he is this season and I won’t be paying PL prices in league 1 

30 minutes ago, Lodge Moor Owl said:

...can we think of the positives. Protests about Chansiri and withdrawing our hard earned cash wont help our beloved club, he wont be going anywhere anytime soon, so trying to look on the bright side...

• We have the best manager since Carlos who wont be tarnished by relegation.
  • We wont have that sickly feeling of playing the blunts.
  • We can offload some of the dead wood/passengers and bring some of the promising academy players through.
  • A chance to visit grounds not visited for many a year with a top day out in Blackpool to look forward to.

Anything else to brighten this forum?? UTO WAWAW 🦉

I think you are spot on really.

Its definitely an opportunity for young players the likes of Galvin, Thompson, Rice, Bonnington to get games and develop more than they would do in the championship.

The key thing is, keep Moore in charge, let him clear out the deadwood and start signing up the players he wants - EARLY DOORS.

We need to go into the season as the team to beat from the outset, not leave it till the end of the transfer window in September or whenever it will be 

Edited by Owls-Fan
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Lodge Moor Owl said:

...can we think of the positives. Protests about Chansiri and withdrawing our hard earned cash wont help our beloved club, he wont be going anywhere anytime soon, so trying to look on the bright side...

• We have the best manager since Carlos who wont be tarnished by relegation.
  • We wont have that sickly feeling of playing the blunts.
  • We can offload some of the dead wood/passengers and bring some of the promising academy players through.
  • A chance to visit grounds not visited for many a year with a top day out in Blackpool to look forward to.

I wouldn't class a day out in Blackpool as a positive. Agree with your other points though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Lythamowl said:

woohoo....Northampton, Burton, Rochdale

can't f*******g wait

Never understood things like this, I always go to or watch a Wednesday game to see my beloved Sheffield Wednesday, not the opposition. Couldn't care less if we were playing Man City at a soulless Etihad or Lincoln City at a packed bouncing Sincil Bank.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

17 minutes ago, Django said:

I hope so 

I’m happier with him in charge in league 1 than someone who we’ve never heard of who has zero knowledge of the English game, which is what we had when Jos was here 

Yes, so am I, but I’ve a genuine fear that Moore will get shown the door once relegation is confirmed and we end up with the latter scenario for the start of next season 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

Never understood things like this, I always go to or watch a Wednesday game to see my beloved Sheffield Wednesday, not the opposition. Couldn't care less if we were playing Man City at a soulless Etihad or Lincoln City at a packed bouncing Sincil Bank.

Absolutely Bang On.it doesn't matter what division we are in,You follow Wednesday to see them win or at least put a performance in even if they lose a few games.😀

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Lodge Moor Owl said:

We might average more than 0.84 goals per game. Hell we might even win more than we lose! 

It's even possible we could mount a challenge for the playoffs. And that would be way more fun than this disastrous season.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kew Owl said:

Yes, so am I, but I’ve a genuine fear that Moore will get shown the door once relegation is confirmed and we end up with the latter scenario for the start of next season 

If that's the case then I honestly don't think I'll be able to. Ring myself to part with the season ticket money. That would be the final straw for me. As it is I'm praying to a god I don't believe in that Moores appointment is a step forward from chansiri and he's starting to realise what's actually needed to run a football club. It's a forlorn hope I know looking at what a mess he's made of it so far, but it's hope 

I think L1 is a near on certainty.

It’s looking like 48 points is around the mark you’ll need to be at to stay up and I don’t think this team can pick up 20 points in 13 games. 

Smart move for the club now would be to start planning for L1. Identifying targets and letting Moore implement any changes he would like in preparation for a new season.

48 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Hopefully more realistic ticket pricing 👍

Love to know how you reckon that would be implemented given the multi-year season tickets sold as a guaranteed lowest prices.