Is it time to embrace League 1 yet? And if so...

55 minutes ago, Pieman said:

He has to go, as does Hutch and Palmer. I think the others are contracted for next year?

We need to start a new 5 year plan, which ends in the Prem. We need to build a new core, like when Bannan/Lee, Loovens/Lees, Hooper/Forestieri were at their pomp. We have brought in Moore and his team, he needs backing in every which way possible and given time by all to shape a journey.

I think that Harris is out of contract. We will easily see a huge number of players leave but having players like Hutchinson and Palmer who are committed to the club wouldn’t hurt in those adverse circumstances.

21 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Hopefully more realistic ticket pricing 👍

20 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Love to know how you reckon that would be implemented given the multi-year season tickets sold as a guaranteed lowest prices. 

POTG prices will have to be reduced. The absolute max for League 1 should be £25 South/North, £20 Kop.

Likewise season ticket pricing will have to be adjusted accordingly. There will hardly be any takers for new League 1 season tickets at £550-£600 a pop. 

I know we are talking about clueless Chansiri here but for once he has to be realistic about ticket pricing .

• Like 1

17 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

******** league one again. What an utter embarrassment this club has become both on and off the field. 

Yep the 3rd division for the 3rd time in the 2000's, absolutely shocking.

I really thought we'd never get into that situation again.

25 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

POTG prices will have to be reduced. The absolute max for League 1 should be £25 South/North, £20 Kop.

Likewise season ticket pricing will have to be adjusted accordingly. There will hardly be any takers for new League 1 season tickets at £550-£600 a pop. 

I know we are talking about clueless Chansiri here but for once he has to be realistic about ticket pricing .

You'd have hoped so. But we do have thousands of fans that have paid for multiple year season tickets at the guaranteed lowest price. If the club reduces ticket prices then they have to refund those season ticket holders & we've seen how well supposedly straightforward refunds have gone from last season. 

4 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

You'd have hoped so. But we do have thousands of fans that have paid for multiple year season tickets at the guaranteed lowest price. If the club reduces ticket prices then they have to refund those season ticket holders & we've seen how well supposedly straightforward refunds have gone from last season. 

Yes they will have to refund those who want one. Or offer partial refunds to make up the difference.

Or maybe fans with multiple season tickets will just have to take the hit, it was a gamble.

Many bought them on the back of 2 play off seasons when it looked like we were on an upwards curve.

If we'd have got promoted it would have paid off, now it's gone the other way, it looks a bad bet.

New season tickets for League 1 will have to be in the region of £450 maximum I would think.

5 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Yes they will have to refund those who want one. Or offer partial refunds to make up the difference.

Or maybe fans with multiple season tickets will just have to take the hit, it was a gamble.

Many bought them on the back of 2 play off seasons when it looked like we were on an upwards curve.

If we'd have got promoted it would have paid off, now it's gone the other way, it looks a bad bet.

New season tickets for League 1 will have to be in the region of £450 maximum I would think.

It was a gamble in terms of what level we would be playing at but the lowest price was a guaranteed as part of the purchase. The 10 year season tickets were not on sale during an upward curve either. 

34 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

It was a gamble in terms of what level we would be playing at but the lowest price was a guaranteed as part of the purchase. The 10 year season tickets were not on sale during an upward curve either. 

I suppose the price was guaranteed to work out cheaper than buying tickets per game based on the POTD prices as they would be in the championship.

Weren't the 10 year season tickets sold on the basis that the 10 years didn't start until we were in the Premier League.

So basically although those 10 years are paid for in advance, the few that bought one are essentially going to get many years of watching football for free. 🙄

5 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

I suppose the price was guaranteed to work out cheaper than buying tickets per game based on the POTD prices as they would be in the championship.

Weren't the 10 year season tickets sold on the basis that the 10 years didn't start until we were in the Premier League.

So basically although those 10 years are paid for in advance, the few that bought one are essentially going to get many years of watching football for free. 🙄

As you said, the league we were competing in could not be guaranteed but the lowest price was, regardless of the level. 

Yes, the 10-year season tickets are based on free seasons but the cost base is still based upon it being the cheapest way to purchase 10 seasons, regardless of how many seasons are then added for free, £6,400 for 10 seasons in the south stand plus whatever comes free as the bonus. 

I guess we will just have to wait and see. I hope you are right and prices will come down as the current prices can't be justified in division 3. I fear it won't be that straightforward. 

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I guess we will just have to wait and see. I hope you are right and prices will come down as the current prices can't be justified in division 3. I fear it won't be that straightforward. 

As we all know, nothing is straightforward with Mr Chansiri.

If he expects fans to pay more than £25 for 3rd division football though, well hopefully he will see sense.