Is it time to embrace League 1 yet? And if so...

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

Love to know how you reckon that would be implemented given the multi-year season tickets sold as a guaranteed lowest prices. 

Easy - put the new ticket pricing in place and then get that lad who's calling everyone to do the season ticket refunds back on the phone calling the season ticket holders up again with a rebate

lol

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Easy - put the new ticket pricing in place and then get that lad who's calling everyone to do the season ticket refunds back on the phone calling the season ticket holders up again with a rebate

lol

Got a timescale for this for any supporters who might be concerned about when their refund might arrive? 

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

lol

Anyone due a rebate will have a nice little windfall round about the time next season ends. Can either be spent celebrating or commiserating. Thanks chansiri. 

53 minutes ago, Lodge Moor Owl said:

...can we think of the positives. Protests about Chansiri and withdrawing our hard earned cash wont help our beloved club, he wont be going anywhere anytime soon, so trying to look on the bright side...

• We have the best manager since Carlos who wont be tarnished by relegation.
  • We wont have that sickly feeling of playing the blunts.
  • We can offload some of the dead wood/passengers and bring some of the promising academy players through.
  • A chance to visit grounds not visited for many a year with a top day out in Blackpool to look forward to.

Anything else to brighten this forum?? UTO WAWAW 🦉

ive accepted league 1 weeks ago . though am ive zero confidence that next season we will have a fresh squad making us proud again . i mean he has only given bannan another 2 year deal and offered contracts to some others why why why? they all need to go. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

League 1 will be fine.

we will, like the last two times , have a horrible first season down there as we become the scalp everyone wants, and then rebuild.

not so long ago Leeds and utd were in there and have pulled back and got back into top flight . We can do same 

I like the optimism but under this ownership I think it will be much more trickier this time round. 

I think we’ll be closer to League Two than bouncing back

13 minutes ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

Absolutely Bang On.it doesn't matter what division we are in,You follow Wednesday to see them win or at least put a performance in even if they lose a few games.😀

Absolutely agree, let's be honest we aren't ever gonna see us win the Premier league or even finish in the European places. Best we could ever hope for is mid table prem season on season. So what's it matter what league we watch us in. Total rebuild in the summer under Moore and let's hit league 1 running.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lodge Moor Owl said:

...can we think of the positives. Protests about Chansiri and withdrawing our hard earned cash wont help our beloved club, he wont be going anywhere anytime soon, so trying to look on the bright side...

• We have the best manager since Carlos who wont be tarnished by relegation.
  • We wont have that sickly feeling of playing the blunts.
  • We can offload some of the dead wood/passengers and bring some of the promising academy players through.
  • A chance to visit grounds not visited for many a year with a top day out in Blackpool to look forward to.

Anything else to brighten this forum?? UTO WAWAW 🦉

Once the January window closed, I pretty much resigned myself to the fact that, if we can, we will be watching league one football If we cannot, or aren’t prepared to compete at this level, then let’s see if we are a little more able in the league below. What I want is to be entertained, and to feel that we are in with a chance in games. Whilst it’s not a case of embracing it, I am at least fairly philosophical regarding our fate. The only fly in the ointment is, it’s the same people running the show, who have been responsible for our current demise

27 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

lol

image.png.e88a1a59da35171b2848002a117e984f.png Please don't put me on hold!!!!!!

• Haha 1

Had a dreadful nightmare that on the final day of next season we are at Forest Green. Its raining, the biodegradable recycled jojoba leaf roof is leaking. Rain is pouring into my fair trade coffee that tastes like clay. The crust of my vegan no plants or animals were hurt or even mildly perturbed in the making of this pie flavoured pie has gone soggy. We’ve just lost 8-0 (DC gets it changed to 4-0 on appeal) Pulis, Monk & Dross are stood next to me counting their ill-gotten compensation payments dressed like Harry Enfield’s “Loadsamoney”. Our relegation to League 2 is confirmed. 

BF5F9B5C-D309-4953-8F9B-0ADE49356792.jpeg

• Haha 5

There are some decent teams in league one that although towards the top of the table would be a real test.

- Hull

- Sunderland

- Portsmouth

- Ipswich

- Charlton

- Blackpool

Just look at Wigan right now, I would say league one is actually a much harder league than the championship.  We know its physical and any team can beat any other team on poor playing surfaces.   I think if we stay up it will be nothing short of a miracle but there will be a massive amount of work to do in the summer if we are to compete in league one.  I think top half finish next season would be a good season.  If we do manage to stay in the championship it will be at least a few seasons of struggle.  Either way its going to be difficult but I think coming up from league one is going to be such a big task, I really think we could be looking at 5yrs in league one if we go down.

The last time we were in League 1, we progressed the following 5 odd seasons I think in a row (promotion, bottom half, top half, play off 6th, play off 2nd).

We shouldn't give up yet as it's very very do-able, but if we go down, it would be nice to be looking up constantly instead of down for a change.

Main thing and hardest part is to get Chansiri and paxo to take a back seat while Moore rebuilds the squad ... but at most clubs lots of players will getting released in the summer .. surprising what players will be available.. even for league one 

1 hour ago, catdog1121 said:

There are some decent teams in league one that although towards the top of the table would be a real test.

- Hull

- Sunderland

- Portsmouth

- Ipswich

- Charlton

- Blackpool

Just look at Wigan right now, I would say league one is actually a much harder league than the championship.  We know its physical and any team can beat any other team on poor playing surfaces.   I think if we stay up it will be nothing short of a miracle but there will be a massive amount of work to do in the summer if we are to compete in league one.  I think top half finish next season would be a good season.  If we do manage to stay in the championship it will be at least a few seasons of struggle.  Either way its going to be difficult but I think coming up from league one is going to be such a big task, I really think we could be looking at 5yrs in league one if we go down.

League one is so much stronger than it was the previous times we were down there. I guess we may not be seen as a scalp these days so we won't have that added pressure of everyone expecting us to win every game. 

1 hour ago, Hughdowd said:

Main thing and hardest part is to get Chansiri and paxo to take a back seat while Moore rebuilds the squad ... but at most clubs lots of players will getting released in the summer .. surprising what players will be available.. even for league one 

Absolutely this, Let DM and his coaches identify the players THEY  want and bloody Chansiri and Paxo keep out as they have proved time and again they know jackshit

2 hours ago, Hughdowd said:

First thing get ...Harry Chapman on loan from Blackburn .......He’s at Shrewsbury at the moment on loan ... glowing reports every week ........ This is the type of player we will need ...Young energetic enthusiastic player ... think he would flourish at Hillsboro 

If he's not "hungry" then I'm sorry, but he can't be any good. 

:biggrin:

1 hour ago, catdog1121 said:

- Hull

- Sunderland

- Portsmouth

- Ipswich

- Charlton

- Blackpool

Depends who we retain and sign. There won't be a midfielder better than Bannan or a defender better than Iorfa in League One.