Is it time to embrace League 1 yet? And if so...

You could look forward to being the big fish in a small pond, more away days, being one of the favourites for promotion, attracting the cream of the players at that level and blending them into a side that takes the league by storm.

Yes you could look forward to all these if we weren’t run by an incompetent lunatic who thinks throwing money around solves everything and who’s skills at running a club wouldn’t get him a decent season on Football Manager.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Owls_fan_since_1983 said:

Sheffield United,  Leeds been in this league before.     so have Wednesday 

We can bounce back if we do end up in league one.

We are the only team of our size that has experienced potentially 3 relegations to this level in the modern era. 

You can name your Leicesters, Wolves, Forest, Southampton etc but they were only down there before rebuilding to the highest level. 

4 hours ago, Django said:

I’m really hoping that Moore is the man to sort this mess out, but I have my doubts

A brief spell in charge of WBA when they had what was probably the best side in the division, and a 18 months at Donny isn’t a lot to go on 

Bigger problem for me is whether he gets proper support from DC, which involves DC not shoving random players down his throat. 

Can't see it I'm afraid.

Everyone has a breaking point, let's hope relegation comes with DC reaching his, so that he sells us on at a loss and gets on with his life. What he's going through personally can't be fun... 

• Like 1

Right up until yesterday’s loss I was really confident that we would stay up.

Not as confident now, not because of the performance as we had enough chances to win, more because I expected the bad run to come to an end against Rotherham and we are now running out of games.

The one hope we have is that Moore will manage to instal a winning mentality into the team.

Would you keep Rhodes if he had a league one wage? Heart says no. Head says he’d get goals at that level and is better than some strikers doing it at that level now. A bit like when Clarke was released but scored elsewhere.

Other than the likes of Dunkley, Bannan, Paterson, Windass possibly Hutchinson Palmer and Harris the rest could easily go. It would give us a huge rebuilding job but having players wanting to move upward rather than feeling they shouldn’t be there would be key.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Would you keep Rhodes if he had a league one wage? Heart says no. Head says he’d get goals at that level and is better than some strikers doing it at that level now. A bit like when Clarke was released but scored elsewhere.

Other than the likes of Dunkley, Bannan, Paterson, Windass possibly Hutchinson Palmer and Harris the rest could easily go. It would give us a huge rebuilding job but having players wanting to move upward rather than feeling they shouldn’t be there would be key.

Strangely, as somebody who was hostile to his signing, I agree re Rhodes. Pretty certain, as a free agent, he will get offers from championship clubs

5 hours ago, s29wfc said:

Never understood things like this, I always go to or watch a Wednesday game to see my beloved Sheffield Wednesday, not the opposition. Couldn't care less if we were playing Man City at a soulless Etihad or Lincoln City at a packed bouncing Sincil Bank.

dont understand why anyone would prefer Lincoln to Man City. But it’s a free country so I respect your opinion all the same.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lythamowl said:

dont understand why anyone would prefer Lincoln to Man City. But it’s a free country so I respect your opinion all the same.

Where did I say I'd prefer going to Lincoln than Man City ? I have no affiliation with either, I'm a Sheffield Wednesday fan , I go to watch us not the opposition.

6 hours ago, Lodge Moor Owl said:

...can we think of the positives. Protests about Chansiri and withdrawing our hard earned cash wont help our beloved club, he wont be going anywhere anytime soon, so trying to look on the bright side...

• We have the best manager since Carlos who wont be tarnished by relegation.
  • We wont have that sickly feeling of playing the blunts.
  • We can offload some of the dead wood/passengers and bring some of the promising academy players through.
  • A chance to visit grounds not visited for many a year with a top day out in Blackpool to look forward to.

Anything else to brighten this forum?? UTO WAWAW 🦉

💯 

Problem with going down is I just can’t see us coming back up for a long time.

I think we have a decent manager who could build a good squad with a good ethos to get us out of the league. But I’ve no confidence in Chansiri and his advisor doing the right things. 

15 hours ago, Kew Owl said:

Yes, so am I, but I’ve a genuine fear that Moore will get shown the door once relegation is confirmed and we end up with the latter scenario for the start of next season 

This is my fear also. Whether Moore is the man to rebuild a successful team only time will tell but he seems to fit the bill.  He has to be given time, 2 full seasons for me, and see where we are, but I fear the dye is cast and he’ll be gone come June. A scapegoat for DC. 

12 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

He has to go, as does Hutch and Palmer. I think the others are contracted for next year?

We need to start a new 5 year plan, which ends in the Prem. We need to build a new core, like when Bannan/Lee, Loovens/Lees, Hooper/Forestieri were at their pomp. We have brought in Moore and his team, he needs backing in every which way possible and given time by all to shape a journey.