I'm sorry Moore but what aload of rubbish

Now I've calmed down I'll try and sum up my feelings.

That game was in some ways ridiculous. Two outrageous pieces of luck in our favour (the own goal and the red card), but also on the other side of the coin Rotherham barely had a decent chance all night and we had several massive chances. In fact, after the Luton game last week, that's the most chances we've created all season. Some were bad finishing, but a couple were only inches wide (e.g. that Paterson header at 0-0).

A few of those wins Thompson got at the start were papering over the cracks because we weren't playing well but scraped a couple of wins where we deserved a draw at best. It's hard to believe, but even Pulis was lucky. In the 9 games Pulis had in charge we created as many chances as we have in the last 2 matches (xG-wise, but my eyes back this up). We were lucky enough to score with our first attack against Reading, Swansea, Barnsley, Blackburn under him - but the luck will only last so long when the other team are all over you for 90 minutes.

Now we've had two games where we've created all the chances. And even if we weren't all over Rotherham tonight, play that game 10 times and we win 7 of them. Yes, we've been naive at times - someone should have stopped that Rotherham counter attack at the end, just like Lees should never have allowed that cross for the second goal at Luton. But at least we've seen a team on the front foot willing to have a go. That's almost the first time since Carlos left we can say that.

So got to stick to the principles and attack. We threw men on at the end because it was worth risking the 1 point to try and get another 2. If we keep doing that over the course of a season it will break in our favour. And hopefully the new coaching staff are learning a few things about the players and what they need to fix. Now we've got two really tricky games against Reading and Norwich where we may struggle - but then after that there's 10 winable games for the run-in. We will probably fail. But stick 10 men behind the ball like Pulis and hope to nick a goal from 3 attacks and we will obviously fail. Create 15 chances and only give the opposition 33% possession and we might just get a few wins.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Therealrealist said:

No managers avoid us like the plague...what a crap comment..cook was basically begging for the job...we tempted Pulis out of the sky studio...what u on about??

Pulis's managerial career was on life support, hardly a catch and we should have been avoiding him. I don't see any evidence of Cook begging for the Wednesday job and the fact that he has rocked up at Ipswich, who will be in a better position than us come August, would suggest he wasn't really interested in it.

There is no limit to the amount of managers this group of players can hang out to dry. DM will be another unless he insists on players he wants as replacements when these contracts expire. Paxo and DC have made an art out of recruiting players with dire mentality. You can’t have a team full of these in any league, let alone league one.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
48 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

In his article, Liam Hoden says that Moore doesn't usually criticize his players publicly.

What he says and thinks privately is another matter.

Fair enough but what he said will not endear him to fans especially those of us who wanted Paul Cook. Losing your first game to ruddy Rovrum...Jesus wept, good luck to him is all I can say!

Guest Kagoshimaowl
3 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

Now I've calmed down I'll try and sum up my feelings.

That game was in some ways ridiculous. Two outrageous pieces of luck in our favour (the own goal and the red card), but also on the other side of the coin Rotherham barely had a decent chance all night and we had several massive chances. In fact, after the Luton game last week, that's the most chances we've created all season. Some were bad finishing, but a couple were only inches wide (e.g. that Paterson header at 0-0).

A few of those wins Thompson got at the start were papering over the cracks because we weren't playing well but scraped a couple of wins where we deserved a draw at best. It's hard to believe, but even Pulis was lucky. In the 9 games Pulis had in charge we created as many chances as we have in the last 2 matches (xG-wise, but my eyes back this up). We were lucky enough to score with our first attack against Reading, Swansea, Barnsley, Blackburn under him - but the luck will only last so long when the other team are all over you for 90 minutes.

Now we've had two games where we've created all the chances. And even if we weren't all over Rotherham tonight, play that game 10 times and we win 7 of them. Yes, we've been naive at times - someone should have stopped that Rotherham counter attack at the end, just like Lees should never have allowed that cross for the second goal at Luton. But at least we've seen a team on the front foot willing to have a go. That's almost the first time since Carlos left we can say that.

So got to stick to the principles and attack. We threw men on at the end because it was worth risking the 1 point to try and get another 2. If we keep doing that over the course of a season it will break in our favour. And hopefully the new coaching staff are learning a few things about the players and what they need to fix. Now we've got two really tricky games against Reading and Norwich where we may struggle - but then after that there's 10 winable games for the run-in. We will probably fail. But stick 10 men behind the ball like Pulis and hope to nick a goal from 3 attacks and we will obviously fail. Create 15 chances and only give the opposition 33% possession and we might just get a few wins.

Love this. It’s given me second thoughts on how poor I thought we were.

15 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Fair enough but what he said will not endear him to fans especially those of us who wanted Paul Cook. Losing your first game to ruddy Rovrum...Jesus wept, good luck to him is all I can say!

That's true, and Hoden says that it can be frustrating when he does that.

Rotherham have a good record here, so I'm not really surprised at the result.

It's a pity that both he and Pulis (Preston away) had to begin their managerial careers with fixtures in which we habitually struggle.

1 hour ago, Morepork said:

There is no limit to the amount of managers this group of players can hang out to dry. DM will be another unless he insists on players he wants as replacements when these contracts expire. Paxo and DC have made an art out of recruiting players with dire mentality. You can’t have a team full of these in any league, let alone league one.

Their mentality was probably perfectly normal before they arrived at Wednesday.

6 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

And that's pure confidence too

If we're on a winning streak every one of those goes in

This.

Our managerial merry-go-round needs to stop now. We've been thrashing around for far too long.

We have a bunch of average to half decent players, all of whom have no confidence whatsoever, looking as though they've never played together before.

To use a football analogy, somebody in management needs to get the ball down, put their foot on it and f.kin well look up.

• Like 1