I'm sorry Moore but what aload of rubbish

Guest Mcguigan
11 minutes ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

If players don't turn up as happens all too often it doesn't matter what team selection or tactics are played.

You'd have thought they would have all been chomping at the bit to impress the new gaffer to cement their place. But no. 

Professional player integrity is in short supply.

Agreed and in DM’s interviews before the game, he stressed the real importance of it and how big a game it was for the club.

In my first game, I wouldn’t be taking anyone’s opinion on team selection other than my own and that of my back room staff.

I get when people give you pellets that these managers are working at a club that is a mess. 

Yet the chairman doesn’t decide to play 3-5-2 week in week out when we don’t have good enough wing backs (Monk)

The chairman doesn’t play the most attritional and four football ever witnessed at S6 (Pulis)

The chairman doesn’t play one upfront at home to Rotherham (Moore)

Cardiff fans were moaning about their chairman and MM comes in and they are now in playoffs. Warnock also did the same there and he also improved Boro.

Yes our chairman is the one who employs these managers but some people are very naive to make constant excuses for bad management. Look at Wilder and his job. 

It’s been one game but Moore tactics were worrying for me and he took far too long to change it when it was clear for a very arduous 65 mins his tactics were not working. 

• Like 3

Just now, CourteenerOwl said:

I get when people give you pellets that these managers are working at a club that is a mess. 

Yet the chairman doesn’t decide to play 3-5-2 week in week out when we don’t have good enough wing backs (Monk)

The chairman doesn’t play the most attritional and four football ever witnessed at S6 (Pulis)

The chairman doesn’t play one upfront at home to Rotherham (Moore)

Cardiff fans were moaning about their chairman and MM comes in and they are now in playoffs. Warnock also did the same there and he also improved Boro.

Yes our chairman is the one who employs these managers but some people are very naive to make constant excuses for bad management. Look at Wilder and his job. 

It’s been one game but Moore tactics were worrying for me and he took far too long to change it when it was clear for a very arduous 65 mins his tactics were not working. 

Every time you post stuff like this it lets the person responsible for it all off the hook

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Every time you post stuff like this it lets the person responsible for it all off the hook

Like I said the chairman isn’t picking the side or tactics. 

He is at fault for employing a long list of managers after Carlos that are all not good enough. I don’t include Moore in that as he’s been here one game but like I said his tactics worry me.

A club can still be in utter turmoil and yet have a manager that produces results and performers and gets his side of things are right as he can. 

Stuart Gray did so under the failed takeovers and lack of money. He got his tactics right and took care of his side of things. 

it is not the chairman fault our managers all seem tactically inept other than employing them in the first place!! 

“You’ve seen the chances tonight, you’ve seen the control of the game tonight,” Moore said. “We didn’t get the goals we deserved. For the players it’s important they keep the focus and keep going. We need to keep working on that to turn things around."

Not sure which game he watched but should do better against a team with a makeshift back four, six defeats on the trot and down to ten men. Is it true Cookey has gone to Ipswich? Thanks Mr C for not getting him. Maybe you can follow him there.

Just now, Buckwheat said:

“You’ve seen the chances tonight, you’ve seen the control of the game tonight,” Moore said. “We didn’t get the goals we deserved. For the players it’s important they keep the focus and keep going. We need to keep working on that to turn things around." 

Which bit of that is wrong?

We created 15 chances

If Windass for example had scored instead of hitting the kop roof from 10 yards out we'd have won easily

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

He’s not wrong is he? We had more than enough chances to win the game. Paterson puts one of the sitters he missed away then we’d have threads on here what a great appointment Moore is. 

It’s pointless being fickle, I get fans are upset but Moore has been here for 3 chuffing days. 

• Like 2

He's right we had more than enough chances to put that game to bed. It wasn't a great performance but if we had any quality up front we would have won the game. Patterson is not and never will be a centre forward of championship standard. His link up play is appalling and his finishing is even worse. That being said it's not his fault our recruitment team saw him as the answer to our desperate need for a striker. 

It doesn't matter who the manager is. This majority in this group of players are weak minded, untalented and generally not fit for purpose. Until the recruitment is improved nothing will change.

• Love 1

Just now, wmb said:

It doesn't matter who the manager is. This majority in this group of players are weak minded, untalented and generally not fit for purpose. Until the recruitment is improved nothing will change.

Think it goes even further than that personally

Players need a positive stable environment to flourish and that's from top to bottom in my view

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Think it goes even further than that personally

Players need a positive stable environment to flourish and that's from top to bottom in my view

Agree an unstable environment in any situation generally means failure in the long run.

In the short term I do think a stronger minded team would be making a better fist of this though. Suppose the issue is it's not short term for some of the squad they have been in this environment for a few years now.

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Which bit of that is wrong?

We created 15 chances

If Windass for example had scored instead of hitting the kop roof from 10 yards out we'd have won easily

"If Windass for example had scored instead of hitting the kop roof from 10 yards out we'd have won easily" like we did Saturday when he scored two goals.

Okay maybe I should sit back and give Moore a bit more time and see what happens. 

there are only 6 teams in the entire football league who have scored less than us.

its not hard to see why we cant win games and will almost certainly get relegated.

Having a team with no 'proper strikers' (sorry Rhodes) in and just makeshift jack of all trades ones this is what happens

However much we might bite at his comments in the media praising the team - he has absolutely no choice until the end of the season to gee them up at every opportunity 

We’ve just got to painfully sit out us putting abject performances and our manager telling us we were unfortunate / played good in spells / did everything but score - repeat until the end of the season 

Unfortunately he can’t tell Dom Howson that Penney is shybo, Reach runs like he’s in sand and Paterson is towing a caravan around the pitch. 

• Like 2

Just now, TodwickOwl said:

However much we might bite at his comments in the media praising the team - he has absolutely no choice until the end of the season to gee them up at every opportunity 

We’ve just got to painfully sit out us putting abject performances and our manager telling us we were unfortunate / played good in spells / did everything but score - repeat until the end of the season 

Unfortunately he can’t tell Dom Howson that Penney is shybo, Reach runs like he’s in sand and Paterson is towing a caravan around the pitch. 

Wouldn't it make a refreshing change if he did, though. The lies that "they played well" or "the boys worked hard", or "we saw a lot of positives" its not washing anymore. This isnt a dig at Darren Moore, he seems like a really good guy. I actually feel sorry that he has walked into this.

• Like 1