I'm sorry Moore but what aload of rubbish

7 minutes ago, The Claw said:

took defensive players off to go for a win, left the back wide open for the second goal, tried but failed

Yep at least he tried to win it but got caught by a sucker punch. Though I would have made some changes earlier, like Rhodes on and hauled

Reach off.

2 minutes ago, Shetland Owl said:

Scrap playing out from the back, we dont have the players to do it

Disagree. I want a manager who will stand by his beliefs. If the players aren't good enough to play football that way, the players need to go. 

Let's face it, many of these players aren't capable of doing very much other than hoof it and I'm sick of that. 

They have 13 games left to show they can adapt, or move on. 

• Like 2

Not so sure what people want him to say? 

I’d love him to say it how it is, but that’s probably not the right approach. It’d make us feel better for a few minutes. But it sure as poo won’t do any good for the team. Pulis’s approach to his first interviews, where he basically said  they’re all crap and he can’t wait till the transfer window wasn’t exactly a success was it. 

Guest The Claw
Just now, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Yep at least he tried to win it but got caught by a sucker punch. Though I would have made some changes earlier, like Rhodes on and hauled

Reach off.

im sure that what i said, changed it to go for the win and got caught out?

38 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

It will take time for him to get him ideas across, which is our only saving grace. Because we just looked like eleven strangers on the pitch all meeting up for a kick about.

Must have watched a different game cause those 11 strangers created enough to win comfortably tonight. Understandable to be upset about an abysmal result but agree with all his comments tonight.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Deffo...I hate it when teams get a new manager then keep everybody else on anyway...Thommo ..bully...weaves etc shud be shown 5he door ASAP...this club needs needs new ears new eyes new voices etc

I suppose it's because Moore and his team will hardly know anything about most of the players so will be taking advice from those that do.

It will take him a few games to see with his own eyes what's what. That's why he or another should have been brought in 2 months ago to give him time to work with.

I feel for Moore

Is he out of his depth, are we just a toxic club?

Look at the top, it’s a mess

He comes across really well, I’d love it if he was here to deal with the transition of a new owner 

Until then, he’s platting p  i   sss

7 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Must have watched a different game cause those 11 strangers created enough to win comfortably tonight. Understandable to be upset about an abysmal result but agree with all his comments tonight.  

I should have said more in the second half I felt like that's what I was watching and definitely when they went down to 10. There was no structure to the play, no movement. It was just, let's hope we get a goal.

We created a lot of chances that could easily have been taken from what I can remember. Hutchinson 1, Bannan 1, Paterson 4, Shaw 1 Reach 1

The only things I can't understand are taking Bannan off and I was not keen on Reach and Windass being on their wrong sides for log periods either.

If we were even less than half as clinical as our opponents are we would have gained 6 points in the last 5 days. We are totally inept in front of goal.

Whatever happens Darren Moore has to be given time.

He has made one bad decision by taking Bannan off. I am a forgiving chap and am prepared to give him time to prove himself - he has two more lives left as far as I'm concerned before I demand he is hung drawn and quartered  lol

A week ago everyone accepts we're doomed because we're a crap side with poor recruitment and the club is toxic and some poor sod has been drafted in to make the best of it.

Darren Moore arrives, a day or two later in the same situation as previously and the players let him down. But now there's something wrong with his tactics or his substitutions as if we were world beaters suddenly let down by the new man.

After 3 give our heads a good wobble 1... 2... 3

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 4evaowl said:

Very poor first half other than first 5 mins or so.

Did create chances second half against a third bottom team playing a big chunk of the half with 10 men.

NOT a good performance DM.

ps...what coaching is there that resulting in no one knowing who was to take a corner at the end. Shambles!

In fairness about the corner, when was the last time Barry Bannan was off the field when we had a corner?

The performance was fine. If we'd taken the chances we created we'd have won, but we don't have that clinical edge you need and we don't have the character and bottle in the squad needed to scrap. It wasn't a shock how that game turned out.

You can't blame Moore, he has to try and stay positive but his job starts in the summer. He'll have already learned a lot about this squad tonight and there are a few who absolutely should not be playing for us.

• Like 1

Darren has been here for one game. We are an awful team on a terrible run. He has to try new things because the old things aren’t working! Some of the new things won’t work out. But, he has to try them. We have no choice. We were heading to L1 well before Moore had even been approached! Some of the things he tried were rubbish, but no more rubbish that Saturdays rubbish! Christ, if we could take a fûckin corner that clears the first man or taken one of the many, many chances we created we wouldn’t have lost and would have actually won! What can he say to the press ‘Christ, that was shît, what the fûck did I leave Doncaster for?’

Anyway, L1 here we come. 

23 minutes ago, Rev Owl said:

A week ago everyone accepts we're doomed because we're a crap side with poor recruitment and the club is toxic and some poor sod has been drafted in to make the best of it.

Darren Moore arrives, a day or two later in the same situation as previously and the players let him down. But now there's something wrong with his tactics or his substitutions as if we were world beaters suddenly let down by the new man.

After 3 give our heads a good wobble 1... 2... 3

Spot on. He has had 3 days working with the players and some people expect him to turn what they previously regarded as a shower of sh*t into a bed of blooming roses. 

Yes he probably made some selection choices and substitutions that were mistakes but at this stage he will have based some of those on advice from others and instinct. Over time he will come to make the team his own and we can then be more justified in how it is perceived. 

For what it's worth, we should have took the lead from an early corner, having missed that chance we should have scored from the resulting corner. Bannan then blazed one over the bar when he should have hit the target., Paterson spurned a great chance when he failed to control in the area after a good move. 

The 1st goal we concede is poor, slacking marking on the wing and in the box. Paterson then shoots wide when the keeper has slipped and hit the deck. 

The second half for me is a bit more disjointed but Reach, Windass and Paterson all miss the target when they should be doing better before we get a lucky goal. Paterson then misses another good chance before a Chelsea player takes a corner like an 8 year old kicking a ball that is too big for him and they break and score a good strike past a keeper who is protecting the wrong side of his goal. 

It was far from a good performance but it was one which could easily have resulted in a win had the players done better. We didn't lose due to inept tactics.

We then get people expecting the manager to throw the players under the bus after his first game in charge with 13 games still to play. Really?