I'm sorry Moore but what aload of rubbish

55 minutes ago, Jamie_W said:

Its not that he has to learn though, hasn’t anyone talked to him about what has and hasn’t worked in the past? We’ve done all this before, we don’t have time for him to learn. He needs to know and act.

He’s been brought in too late though, we know this. We are down.

Agree in principle. But, we know these players are poo, we've been round the houses with all of them. Can shuffle them round, but still poo.

Difficult to judge Moore based on this season. Try to see beyond the players at formation, tactics style of play, then try to imagine with competent players who care, can run and have an ounce of footballing nouse (trying to forget that Chansiri will be the one recruiting again in the summer)

8 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

Come on though, he probably wants to say the same things as us. He's been here 3 days. He'd lose all respect if he hung the players out to dry. I'm sorry but come on. 

It's an impossible job that Moore has, he has to work with these losers on a daily basis now. He's probably going to get more out of them if he doesn't murder them on day 3 of being manager. 

Absolutely this.

These are the players we have and he needs to get the best out of them. How he does it is down to him and the players once he gets to know them. Unfortunately he doesn't have a lot of time to do it.

He is in a relegation battle with a load of tosh, dont make any difference who he picks. As for his after match comments I would not expect him to say anything else publicly, berating players publicly after just arriving and 13 games to go would be madness.

• Like 1

He's just saying the new manager basics.

Think this is a proper eye-opener for him.

We need to get behind him and hope he's still here in the summer so we can let him

rebuild a better squad in league one rather than keep watching this shower of sh...

9 hours ago, Sticky Micky said:

Screenshot_20210303_223040_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

He's not going to burn his bridges with the players within the first three days of arriving at the club.

I'm hoping he's being diplomatic but can clearly see the bunch of lazy, ineffective bottlers he has and will be identifying who is being shipped out and what areas he needs to strengthen come the summer.

Last night was make or break for me. I just don't see any way back now. We created chances but we're incapable of converting them. They battered us in all areas, but mainly in belief, work rate and commitment. When we got the lucky break with our equaliser and then the sending off it would normally kickstart a belief that this game is there to be won. But we don't see that in this group of players.

Special mention must go to Penney, Palmer, Lees and Brown who were just inept at times last night. Palmer walking back from his foray into their box what they break on us. Penney for his shocker of a performance and laziness that only Palmer would be proud of and Lees for pooing himself everytime the ball came to him.

DM will quickly recognise who is who in this squad.

Shaw was a shining light for me last night. He's got great vision, a great engine and I can't believe we're letting him go.

I want DM to be brutal and ship out those who need to go.

Edited by OwlBiSeeinThi
  • Like 1

I’m behind Darren Moore like I posted before the match last night.

But, I’ve got to question the tactics, formation and his use of subs last night. It was like he’s never watched us before. The subs were brought on too late as well.

I thoroughly deserved defeat in my opinion against a depleted 10 man toytown. 

• Like 2

Guest Mcguigan

I can’t believe that posters think NT had this huge input on team selection. What would he have done if NT had been relieved of his duties? 

I’m hoping an experienced manager like DM and his back room staff spent much of Sunday watching videos of recent fixtures and trying to identify strengths and weaknesses in the team.

Then, having observed training on the Monday, watched even more videos, talked to players and started to form his own opinions before taking training himself and getting some of his early ideas across on Tuesday. Same on Wednesday morning in a lighter session.

If he hasn’t and instead took council with our youth coach, who he’s replaced after 4 straight losses and abysmal performances, then I’m very worried.

7 hours ago, the mighty wednesday said:

We created a lot of chances that could easily have been taken from what I can remember. Hutchinson 1, Bannan 1, Paterson 4, Shaw 1 Reach 1

The only things I can't understand are taking Bannan off and I was not keen on Reach and Windass being on their wrong sides for log periods either.

If we were even less than half as clinical as our opponents are we would have gained 6 points in the last 5 days. We are totally inept in front of goal.

Whatever happens Darren Moore has to be given time.

He has made one bad decision by taking Bannan off. I am a forgiving chap and am prepared to give him time to prove himself - he has two more lives left as far as I'm concerned before I demand he is hung drawn and quartered  lol

In my view Brown should have been able to pick up the baton from Bannan. Players with talent and creativity need to stand up and be counted. Brown didn't.

4 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

I can’t believe that posters think NT had this huge input on team selection. What would he have done if NT had been relieved of his duties? 

I’m hoping an experienced manager like DM and his back room staff spent much of Sunday watching videos of recent fixtures and trying to identify strengths and weaknesses in the team.

Then, having observed training on the Monday, watched even more videos, talked to players and started to form his own opinions before taking training himself and getting some of his early ideas across on Tuesday. Same on Wednesday morning in a lighter session.

If he hasn’t and instead took council with our youth coach, who he’s replaced after 4 straight losses and abysmal performances, then I’m very worried.

If players don't turn up as happens all too often it doesn't matter what team selection or tactics are played.

You'd have thought they would have all been chomping at the bit to impress the new gaffer to cement their place. But no. 

Professional player integrity is in short supply.

Not sure there is anything to disagree with? Big Daves assessment is pretty much spot on.

It was not a vintage performance but there were numerous chances to win the game in the second half alone - Shaw and Reach blazing over from close range, Paterson’s header, the miss from three yards, Paterson failing to slide shaw through for a 1v1 with the keeper. In comparison, aside from the goal I don’t recall Wildsmith being troubled.

it looked clear that we wanted to create overloads in midfield so it could create room for the full backs out wide to get crosses in. There was some pattern play but it often broke down due to a poor decision or lack of quality. Given where the club are that should be no surprise.

Their winner is a bolt from the blue from one of the worst corners I’ve ever seen. A total sucker punch. A good delivery and it have been the Owls sitting with three points..

Plenty for Moore to work on but there are some obvious flaws in this squad which is going to hinder any man in the dug out.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Yeah I didn’t have a problem with the starting line up or formation.  It’s Moore’s first game and he needs to see what the team can (or in our player’s case) can’t do. 

And I am encouraged that he threw on all the attacking players to win the game. 

The worry is it took so long to make those changes.  But assuming he thought keeping the same structure against 10 men might allow some goals in.  Sadly it didn’t 

Edited by Owls-Fan