I'm sorry Moore but what aload of rubbish

Ha ha its been hard for us to take for years and you didn't fill me with confidence selection or sub wise, got to give you benefit of doubt you only being here a few days but please don't try to bullshit us cause we've heard it all before. 

• Like 1

Guest T Hardy
Just now, Stevelknievel said:

But he didn’t because he’s crap. Every good player has an off night, bad players only have a good game once every so often.

I more or less agree, but that doesn’t take away that we created chances and should have scored 

With a decent delivery from that corner kick at the end 1) we wouldn’t have conceded and 2) we could have ended up winning it 2-1. Those are the margins.

Some of the build up play was good, we created enough chances, it’s just the decision making in the final third and finishing was poor.

It was a goal worthy of winning any game but he shouldn’t have had the opportunity to get it 

• Like 3

Just now, edinburghowl said:

With a decent delivery from that corner kick at the end 1) we wouldn’t have conceded and 2) we could have ended up winning it 2-1. Those are the margins.

Bang on.

Great word.

Margins. 

And we’re terrible at ALL the margins unfortunately. 

= lose lots / be as bad as can be

What a load of crap DM. Must have took Thompsons advice. 

That formation doesn't work either with the squad we have. The fullbacks are dreadful.

Just play players in the position where they've made their careers.

Rhodes & Marriott are strikers so play them together up top.

Get Windass & Harris wide and then 3 in the middle as we totally lost the midfield tonight. Bannan, Paterson, Shaw maybe.

And put Hutchinson in as a CB because he doesn't have the fitness for midfield and flank him with Lees & Borner.

Not much we can do about the keeper situation apart from hold our collective breath!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

Moore has seen plenty of games. 

He has eyes like the rest of us. 

No point hounding the guy after one game, that actually wants to be here. 

He’ll have learnt plenty tonight. 

I so hope you're right 

16 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Hang on

We created and missed chances

We went behind but then pulled it back
We then were in the last 10 seconds up with a corner to win the game

Are you kidding me? 

If you think going behind to Rotherham at home only getting back into the game from a flukey own goal and then managing to get a couple of corners as they defended on the edge of their box is acceptable then your expectations have fallen through the floor, sunk beneath the foundations and kept going until they've hit a lava pool.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Just now, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Are you kidding me? 

If you think going behind to Rotherham at home only getting back into the game from a flukey own goal and then managing to get a couple of corners as they defended on the edge of their box is acceptable then your expectations have fallen through the floor, sunk beneath the foundations and kept going until they've hit a lava pool.

We created many chances that we could/should have scored

Owlstalk Shop

20 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Hang on

We created and missed chances

We went behind but then pulled it back
We then were in the last 10 seconds up with a corner to win the game

Yeah but we can't always rely on playing against 10 men for a quarter of the game.

We were pathetic for most of that match.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Herb said:

Understandably emotions are running high tonight as that result was dreadful but if Paterson takes just two of his glorious opportunities we’re talking about a positive result and glimpses of a system that could suit us

Ultimately the same flaws have caught us out again. Very weak defensively, very weak mentally and poor recruitment in forward areas leads to poor numbers.  

Sorry Herb, never in a million years with current squad.  Maybe a bit over ambitious from Moore to change formation so quickly.  It wasn’t just a dreadful result but yet another dreadful performance, although don’t blame Moore for that, despite what I’ve said about formation.  We only started to apply pressure after sending off and even then contrived to lose to 10 men.

1 minute ago, T Hardy said:

I more or less agree, but that doesn’t take away that we created chances and should have scored 

But that’s the problem, we fluff our lines all the time. Have done all season and it’s not just Patterson, he’s a 500k player, you won’t expect to only pay that for a prolific championship striker. You are right thought we shouldn’t have a pop at him. We suppose to have some decent championship players like Reach, Bannan etc and those are the players we need to take a look at themselves.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sharrowowl said:

Interesting you pick those two out. Who's going to replace all the goals/assists? 

Screenshot_20210303_234127_com.brave.browser.jpg

I'll back my own eyes re Paterson ,he can't trap a ball ,he can't shoot ,he can't head ,hes a non footballer. 

You sign players like him and Kachunga and Harris and Windass and you end up where we are going 

• Like 1

Just now, @owlstalk said:

We created many chances that we could/should have scored

but we didn't score them, and we only created chances because we were playing one of the worst teams in the division, and they had ten men. There really isn't anything positive to take from that performance.

We looked unfit, devoid of ideas, nervous and demoralised, but yeah - Paterson fluffed a couple so all is well. FFS.

• Like 2
  • Love 1