I'm sorry Moore but what aload of rubbish

Just now, Andrew6666 said:

Wouldn't it make a refreshing change if he did, though. The lies that "they played well" or "the boys worked hard", or "we saw a lot of positives" its not washing anymore. This isnt a dig at Darren Moore, he seems like a really good guy. I actually feel sorry that he has walked into this.

It would but he’s got no choice

Chansiri would go bezerk - he’s been brought in to save a sinking ship with no lifeboats. He’s got to publicly back them.

2 minutes ago, Andrew6666 said:

Wouldn't it make a refreshing change if he did, though. The lies that "they played well" or "the boys worked hard", or "we saw a lot of positives" its not washing anymore. This isnt a dig at Darren Moore, he seems like a really good guy. I actually feel sorry that he has walked into this.

We created 15 chances last night

Fifteen

One or two of those go in and it's a different story obviously

Owlstalk Shop

5 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

We did create chances but how many times did the Rotherham keeper make a save?

I got impression as well he was a bit dodgy.

Rest of season might be hard going now with new manager and lot of players knowing they wont be here next season and side 99% already relegated.

He made 5 saves. There have only been 2 games this season where we've forced an opposition keeper to make more (Millwall at home = 7, Wycombe at home = 6).

Again, we weren't all over them, but we've been so poor this season that even a modest performance is an improvement.

1 hour ago, TodwickOwl said:

However much we might bite at his comments in the media praising the team - he has absolutely no choice until the end of the season to gee them up at every opportunity 

We’ve just got to painfully sit out us putting abject performances and our manager telling us we were unfortunate / played good in spells / did everything but score - repeat until the end of the season 

Unfortunately he can’t tell Dom Howson that Penney is shybo, Reach runs like he’s in sand and Paterson is towing a caravan around the pitch. 

His appalling decisions last night were what counted against us

Guest Andy W
14 hours ago, Dooogs said:

I don't have a problem after one game with him telling the cameras that.

If he's telling the players in the dressing room that this standard is acceptable, then we have a problem.

Correct..whats said in public and private are (hopefully) different things.

Moore's been here 5 minutes and can't be blamed for last night.

The problem in that respect is the players..we basically have a L1 (or worse) standard of players here trying to stay in a league they aren't fit for.

We've had poor players before (all clubs do) but to have so many at one time is a massive issue

2 hours ago, Andrew6666 said:

Not really!  Remember the so called messiah Megson telling it how it is and giving what the fans wanted  took us from mid table to  a relegation scrap!   Unless you can get new players  in  its  only going to make things worse. A public dressing down has never done any good in any profession

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Shiregreenowl 80 said:

Not really!  Remember the so called messiah Megson telling it how it is and giving what the fans wanted  took us from mid table to  a relegation scrap!   Unless you can get new players  in  its  only going to make things worse. A public dressing down has never done any good in any profession

Hopefully the same old lies wont be used in every interview.

Player power has become a bit of a scourge nowadays. Sir Alex Ferguson would'nt have stood for it.

Just now, NorthernOwl said:

Some absolutely cringeworthy posts on this thread. 

Anyone criticising Moore after one game should be embarrassed at themselves.

It's incredible, isn't it? He's been here 72 hours and was pitched into his first game even quicker, and yet apparently (according to some) he had the wrong team selection, the wrong formation, the wrong tactics and - now - the wrong post-match comments.

If we can learn anything from Rotherham, it's that continuity works. They may not be a particularly good side but they make the best of it - their players know the manager, the system, and their role. At least part of our current malaise is that lack of continuity. What is it - 6 full time managers plus caretakers in as many seasons?

If I'm honest, I'm not 100% convinced by Darren Moore (for the record I'm gutted we didn't go for Paul Cook) but he's here, he's a respected coach, he's got managerial experience and he likes to play decent football. Let's actually give him a decent amount of time to make his mark on the squad rather than getting on his back every time results go against us.

• Like 2

I am concerned already with DM and it's been 90 minutes.

Starts with one up front at home to Rotherham in the process moving Windass out wide and effectively making him void. (After scoring 2 previous game and being a real menace) 

The tactics were not working and whilst we had chances Rotherham looked the better team. He waited too long to change anything.

Takes Bannan off. The only player in our whole team with any vision. Takes him off?

Jury out already here I am afraid.

Yes, I agree 100% with Roy of the Roasters.

I really wanted Paul Cook as our manager.  Three promotions with different clubs says a lot in my view.

But Darren Moore is here now and hopefully he will be a quick learner.

Take Penney and Reach out of the side and do not rely on Paterson as our lone striker up front wouuld be my learnings from last night.

15 minutes ago, CourteenerOwl said:

I am concerned already with DM and it's been 90 minutes.

Starts with one up front at home to Rotherham in the process moving Windass out wide and effectively making him void. (After scoring 2 previous game and being a real menace) 

The tactics were not working and whilst we had chances Rotherham looked the better team. He waited too long to change anything.

Takes Bannan off. The only player in our whole team with any vision. Takes him off?

Jury out already here I am afraid.

I simply cannot take posts like this seriously. Please tell me you are on the wind up?

Ps - there are times when I really miss the neg button.

Edited by NorthernOwl
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

We created 15 chances last night

Fifteen

One or two of those go in and it's a different story obviously

4 on target, 2 more than Toytown. 15 shots off target do not equate to 15 chances.

1 minute ago, Buckwheat said:

4 on target, 2 more than Toytown. 15 shots off target do not equate to 15 chances.

TBF if a player has a chance to score but shoots off target it was still a chance, he just didn't take his chance correctly.

• Like 1