Liam Shaw in advanced talks with Celtic

3 minutes ago, WAWAWUTO17 said:

On the back of my previous comment Celtic is a huge club and plays in Europe. 

It will be amazing for the lad and could be the only opportunity he gets. He must feel torn being a Wednesdayite but he will leave on better terms than Hirst.

We’ve let two lifelong Wednesday fans leave for pittance. The club couldn’t convince them to stay for even a couple of seasons.

Let that sink in. Chansiri is ripping the soul from the club. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Spookone said:

I think you’re missing the point here, you’re correct, it is early days and he may not develop to be a world beater, but as a club we should have tied him up to a contract as he has shown some potential and we should be the ones to benefit either from a performance or financial point of view if he does become the player he could do.

I am finally starting to think like most of our fans, that our club is a shambles, we just continue to kick ourselves in the gonads!

I agree, was just trying to make some sense of it.

The lad is playing for his boyhood club,  his family are supporters so surely giving this lad a fair deal with milestones and incentives is the way to go.

This should have been sorted back in November. 

• Like 2

Guest OrlandoUnTrustful

This is the straw that broke the camels back for me.

We are limping from one crisis to another. We are like a wounded animal that wants putting out of its misery.

I don’t understand how we can keep making the same mistakes over and over again. We have chairman Mao destroying our club by ripping out its heart and soul. He is a petulant egomaniac who has taken us backwards into arguably the most unstable and worrying position in our clubs history. We don’t even own our own home.

I have reached the point of no return and I can no longer waste my time and energy being disappointed and angry.

27 minutes ago, WAWAWUTO17 said:

On the back of my previous comment Celtic is a huge club and plays in Europe. 

It will be amazing for the lad and could be the only opportunity he gets. He must feel torn being a Wednesdayite but he will leave on better terms than Hirst.

They usually play in Europe for a fortnight at the end of July

Can't blame him for wanting out but I don't see it as a good career move,

43 minutes ago, PeakOwl said:

If this is correct, pretty sure the £300k will be to ensure we don’t play him for the rest of the season and risk a serious injury prior to his move.

Well done, DC! You really have covered yourself in glory this last 24 hours!

The 300k is a Fifa/Uefa mandated training payment as he's under 24.

If it wasn't for that we'd be getting fizz all

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BIG D said:

I mean they just sold a player to Leverkusen for £11.5 million this week they bought from Man City for the same they're going to pay for Shaw.

Van Dijk, Dembele, all players they've bought for low prices in the last few years and moved on for massive profits

57 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

You’ve got to hand it to DC. Everything he touches turns to poo . It’s actually quite remarkable. I’ve never known incompetence like it. 

He has the reverse Midas touch.

31 minutes ago, OrlandoUnTrustful said:

This is the straw that broke the camels back for me.

We are limping from one crisis to another. We are like a wounded animal that wants putting out of its misery.

I don’t understand how we can keep making the same mistakes over and over again. We have chairman Mao destroying our club by ripping out its heart and soul. He is a petulant egomaniac who has taken us backwards into arguably the most unstable and worrying position in our clubs history. We don’t even own our own home.

I have reached the point of no return and I can no longer waste my time and energy being disappointed and angry.

How I feel too,  when people ask me what it’s like being a Wednesday fan now, I say I’m tired.  I’m just tired of it all.

I feel like a pregnant women expecting triplets who’s 3 weeks overdue.  
I feel like an English scholar who keeps being given Katie price novels for Christmas. 
My passion for football is my hobby, but  hobbies are meant to make you feel better and distract you from the real life worries and stress.  My hobby makes me depressed.  
I love this football club, but it’s hard work supporting it these days.  Just wish things would get better 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

55 minutes ago, Tea Baggins said:

I agree, was just trying to make some sense of it.

The lad is playing for his boyhood club,  his family are supporters so surely giving this lad a fair deal with milestones and incentives is the way to go.

This should have been sorted back in November

He didn't become a world beater until his assist at Exeter in January though.

Nobody cared until then. 

• Like 1

Just now, alanharper said:

He didn't become a world beater until his assist at Exeter in January though.

Nobody cared until then. 

This is my point.

The coaches have seen him for years progressing. 

Surely if he was that good, they would have tied him down early when they knew the club was going into these difficult times and we would be relying on these lads.

Just my 2 peneth 

• Like 1

This is very disappointing. Our most promising youth player for years and we mess up extending his contract.

It feels like we hold out to the last minute to sort issues out (paying players, signing players, signing a manager, submitting accounts etc.) only to discover we’re just making things worse.

Shaw had the potential to either be an amazing Wednesday player for years or be a very lucrative asset.

But our incompetence to do the simple things right is running this club to the ground, sapping all life out of it.

I don’t see a way out of it without a takeover.

54 minutes ago, BIG D said:

The potential at Celtic is massive. It puts him on a bigger platform than playing for us unfortunately. 

• Like 2