Liam Shaw in advanced talks with Celtic

Guest Therealrealist

I’ve no doubt his agent will have been advising him for a few month not to sign any new contract...it happens ..he will move on ..make a few quid and probably end up in the lower leagues in 3 or 4 years...

3 hours ago, Hitcat said:

He's shown potential since Christmas.

Yes and like I say it’s just potential. The point is if we can’t even be bothered or able to keep the ones we have brought through with potential then what chance/structure do we have in place to keep the ones who show more than that?  None whatsoever, so what’s the point in the youth system if we aren’t going to benefit from it. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Therealrealist said:

I’ve no doubt his agent will have been advising him for a few month not to sign any new contract...it happens ..he will move on ..make a few quid and probably end up in the lower leagues in 3 or 4 years...

He could stay and end up in the lower leagues with us. 

8 hours ago, Therealrealist said:

A few months ago it was all about Alex hunt no mention of shaw wotsoever...now hunt can’t get a look in...of all the meltdowns this is the strangest of the lot

I understand why there's a meltdown, fans want to see one of their own come through and develop in the shirt of their home town club, its a symbol of a connection between the player, the fans and the club.

If he does go then its another sign that another aspect of the club is not being run properly.

There are way too many meltdowns on here but I totally understand this one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BIG D said:

Celtic though?

I’m sure there’d be plenty of better moves in England if he really is that good. Not saying he isn’t btw.

The Celtic news may just open the door to a better move in England, most clubs probably thought that he would sign with us until this broke

For what he will cost a premier League team they can take a chance, sign him up and then loan him out.....on that basis he will probably go to Chelsea!! More realistic is. West Bromwich, Bournemouth, Fulham, Southampton, Brighton, Everton etc

He may want to stop more locally at his age.....so Leeds it is 🤦

1 minute ago, nbupperthongowl said:

The Celtic news may just open the door to a better move in England, most clubs probably thought that he would sign with us until this broke

For what he will cost a premier League team they can take a chance, sign him up and then loan him out.....on that basis he will probably go to Chelsea!! More realistic is. West Bromwich, Bournemouth, Fulham, Southampton, Brighton, Everton etc

He may want to stop more locally at his age.....so Leeds it is 🤦

He is soooooo far off being a premier league player

He doesn’t even look like a Championship regular yet

• Like 1

3 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Thats a ridiculous stance to take.

He's a 19 year-old footballer with his whole career ahead of him. Given the opportunity to double his salary, train with a better calibre of teammate, work with better coaches, play in Europe, challenge for silverwear, build a name for himself at a massive club etc, why would he choose to tie himself to a club who haven't been paying his wages on time and are hurtling towards League One in a blaze of incompetence instead?

Being a Wednesdayite shouldn't mean he has to sacrifice his career.

Spot on and it will be interesting to see how this pans out.

BUT would Celtic or anyone else be interested if he was under contract for another 18/24 months ?

Just hope that if he goes it's not for a pittance but the club has no bargaining tool.

• Like 1

all this support weds since i was a boy. my dream to play for weds . if that is so and club not offering him reasonable terms then why dont he speak out? george hirst is on 10k a week and he is an absolute nobody now . if he stays here he will have a great future even if he moves on in future and club makes some money . chasing 5k a week move now might stop him earning 20k in 2 years . 

1 minute ago, morganowl said:

all this support weds since i was a boy. my dream to play for weds . if that is so and club not offering him reasonable terms then why dont he speak out? george hirst is on 10k a week and he is an absolute nobody now . if he stays here he will have a great future even if he moves on in future and club makes some money . chasing 5k a week move now might stop him earning 20k in 2 years . 

Really............