Mick McCarthy hired by Cardiff City

Odd choice in a sense seeing as they have promotion ambitions and would be competing with teams that play more expansive football than McCarthy is known for, but perhaps there’s a sense that he knows how to win matches and he is a safe pair of hands for the future if they fail to gain promotion. Might not be an amazing appointment for them but it’s a stable pick at the very least.

Main point that comes to mind however is the stark contrast between Vincent Tan and Dej Chansiri. Tan isn’t particularly well liked by many Cardiff fans or outside fans, but he’s quick and he’s ruthless in his decision making, which is partly why they’ve had the relative success they’ve had.

Chansiri demonstrates the exact opposite characteristics and it’s why we struggle so much. Putting aside the financial differences between the two clubs, clear leadership and decision making is how to do business effectively.

Cant believe I’m saying that I’m envious of Cardiff having a new manager so quickly seeing as it’s McCarthy, but I am.

• Like 5

Smart appointment from their owner, Perfect fit for Cardiff most of the backbone of players in the sqaud are warnochhio signings. 

Cardiff are Used to playing long ball, aggressive no nonsense football, the very style big Mick is also known for, so won't need to struggle to adapt to a new approach or system. 

Dc instead first time round brings in another manager not suited to the majority of players in the sqaud in pullis. This is the main reason why I'm not too unhappy with Thompson being in charge at the moment becouse I've no faith in Dc getting it right this time. 

• Like 5

Was this lined up before MM left APOEL  seems to have happened very quick 

that said I’m benchmarking it on chansiri appointments where it takes him longer to appoint a manager these days that the manager gets in his job if chansiri carry’s on Thompson is going to be one our longest serving manager this season 

16 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Was this lined up before MM left APOEL  seems to have happened very quick 

that said I’m benchmarking it on chansiri appointments where it takes him longer to appoint a manager these days that the manager gets in his job if chansiri carry’s on Thompson is going to be one our longest serving manager this season 

Reported today that they offered it to Cook before McCarthy but Cook turned it down because they only offered a 6 month contract.

How long does it take to appoint a manager? All you need is a list of candidates and then ring them up to see if they want it. It’s only Chansiri that drags it out