Mick McCarthy hired by Cardiff City

1 hour ago, Athelwulf said:

Yes, but I don't think Mick is exactly like Pulis, although they are both cynical in their approach.

I think we could accommodated his style with this squad of players, whereas with Pulis it was more difficult.

With Pulis it's about grim defending and fouling, whereas with Mick it's more about spoiling tactics.

Time wasting, slowing a game down and then killing it off.

That prevents a superior side from capitalizing on its superiority.

And lets face it, most teams in this division are superior to us.

You have summed up perfectly why I wouldn't want either 👍

56 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

You have summed up perfectly why I wouldn't want either 👍

Yes, but the snag is that with our team that's all we're capable of playing.

Some fans want Jokanovic...

With him as manager we'd be absolutely sure to go down.

Even with the side we had when Carlos was here we weren't strong enough defensively for his style.

That's why Carlos covered up, as we lacked a midfield enforcer and the defence was not the quality of the forwards.

With this outfit his style would be suicide.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

Yes but the alternative would have been another three losses if he wasn't sacked.

Well we don't know that for certain Steve, but I get you point. The results over 10 matches was very poor.

However, DC will have had the notion that it wasn't working a good few weeks before he dismissed Pulis. At that point he should have set wheels in motiion, and perhaps he did. The fact is that some 25 days on from Pulis leaving we are still managerless. My quote of "badly run" extends beyond the fact we acted without a replacement in line and is really about the fact that it appears that no credible manager wants this gig, due to how we are being managed from the top down.

3 hours ago, ozzieowl said:

Only at Swfc does it take us 6 mth to sign a free agent and ages to appoint a manager when others get linked one min n signed next. 

Or maybe our chairman isn't desperate to jump on the merry-go-round of mediocrity and has realised that the usual faces that crop up time and time again crop up for a reason. Certainly explains his left-field foreign appointments 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChapSmurf said:

However, DC will have had the notion that it wasn't working a good few weeks before he dismissed Pulis

Yes would have thought so, can't have been a spur of the mo thing after just beating coventry.

He did say at the time...i will take my time looking for a new manager, will not make the same mistake again...blah blah.

Which suggests he had no clue who..

• Like 1