Is Barry Bannan waiting for safety or the new manager?

I’m sure his decision will actually be quite difficult for him. Money is important, getting game time is important, family is important. Many things to weigh up. 
If he has moved to Dore I would read this as meaning he will stay. Sheffield is in comfortable driving distance of many clubs.

Covid and the craziness of the world at the moment will make some difference to how much a player like Bannan gets paid but his much is anyone’s guess.
At the end of the day if staying here sees his money cut in half and moving sees it go up I’d imagine he’d move. 
It would be good if he stays but he is 31 now so can’t stay forever!

Obviously wants reassurances and sight of ambition from the club.ie,wages,manager and new players,plus next years kit and what badge we will use,opening hrs on megastore and website sorting out and a explanation what DC's philosophy is..

Best player we have by a country mile,he'd walk into any Champ team....

UTO

• Haha 2

One of the few players we have had over the past 20 odd years who our young fans can actually idolise.

I had loads when i was a young un. But it must be tough for our young fans tbh.

Proper footballer, some say better than Zidane.

• Like 1

Didn't Bannan say a while ago he was not signing a new deal until he saw some investment by the club in the playing staff.

I seem to remember another Scottish bloke last season who wanted to stay, loved the city, the fans, the club then signed for Stoke.

Until the ink is dry on the contract I will not believe a great deal that comes from a footballers mouth. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Didn't Bannan say a while ago he was not signing a new deal until he saw some investment by the club in the playing staff.

If I remember right the star reported in December, that the mail had reported, that it had been reported he said that :rolleyes: 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

Obviously wants reassurances and sight of ambition from the club.ie,wages,manager and new players,plus next years kit and what badge we will use,opening hrs on megastore and website sorting out and a explanation what DC's philosophy is..

Best player we have by a country mile,he'd walk into any Champ team....

UTO

Which Norwich midfielder do you think Farke would drop to fit Bannan in? 

2 hours ago, Steve Down South said:

Didn’t Fletcher say much the same thing?  I would be happy to see both him and Reach stay (on the right terms) but just can’t see it happening.

Feels different to the Fletcher one though, Fletcher didn't say anything like that when his contract was entering crunch point, only really much earlier where he did say he wanted to stay and end his career

Bannan openly said hopefully some good news in a week or 2. So Bannans comments have a bit more substance to them i think. Plus, Bannan already signed a new deal with us once before when god only knows why he did!

2 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Feels different to the Fletcher one though, Fletcher didn't say anything like that when his contract was entering crunch point, only really much earlier where he did say he wanted to stay and end his career

Bannan openly said hopefully some good news in a week or 2. So Bannans comments have a bit more substance to them i think. Plus, Bannan already signed a new deal with us once before when god only knows why he did!

Hope you’re right and that a deal can be done that doesn’t stretch FFP too much.  I do like Bannan, but don’t think this is a scenario where we are hoping to keep him at any price and build a team around him.

1 minute ago, Steve Down South said:

Hope you’re right and that a deal can be done that doesn’t stretch FFP too much.  I do like Bannan, but don’t think this is a scenario where we are hoping to keep him at any price and build a team around him.

The thing that makes me think he is essential (which i might not have done previously) is that Monk, Pulis and others have said how so many of the squad look up to him, try to emulate the way he conducts himself, how integral he is to the dressing room etc. 

I think having lost Fletcher, who was of a similar mould in that respect, means we cant lose another. 

But as you say, we cant pay more than we can pay and theres a limit. Hope it falls within that limit

• Like 1

He’s waiting to see if we drop 

Then again, football provides a different outlook for more senior players. Him and his family are presumably settled in the area and he’s got a little one growing up.

Bit different if you’re a 21 year old single lad 

17 minutes ago, Millhouses said:

Bannan & Reach will be off and who can blame them.

Shambles of a football club.

I think theres a chance Bannan stays (remarkably), it certainly wasn't a misleading interview how he responded. 

Reach, IMO not a cat in hells chance he stays, and like you say, I couldn't blame him. 

5 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

If Bannan signs a new deal, he should be considered a Wednesday legend. 

He could easily get another Championship club and get away from this absolute basket case.

Fair play to him if he does. Been dynamite for us. 

Agreed. Best value from a free wasn’t it? Villa laughed when we took him on. Hope the same is true of our latest signing 

Both Bannan and Thompson hinted at news signings or good news in the next week or so.  Couple of things about that. Sounds like we are getting close with a couple of players or maybe a new manager, I presume Hutch is one of them. Also, Bannan is ‘in the loop’, from either Thommo, DC or both.

I think he will sign a new contract with the club. I think he has spoken directly to Chansiri and they have agreed something in principle. For various reasons, the paperwork hasn’t followed through, both parties are cool about that. Once it does, Bannan will sign it. He also made it clear, any new manager appointment will not affect this. Given most people believe Chansiri picks the team, it’s difficult to disagree with this point....😀