Is Barry Bannan waiting for safety or the new manager?

19 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

If Bannan signs a new deal with us under current circumstances then you've got to take your hat off to him.

I’d be checking under his hat to see if all the wires are connected if he signs again. He must be crackers. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Guest T Hardy
25 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

If Bannan signs a new deal, he should be considered a Wednesday legend. 

He could easily get another Championship club and get away from this absolute basket case.

Fair play to him if he does. Been dynamite for us. 

Agreed, he's the only player I think we have who is top quality at this level, I'm sure if he wanted to leave, he'd go to a club challenging for promotion next season, and I wouldn't hold that against him if he does.

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
33 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

If Bannan signs a new deal with us under current circumstances then you've got to take your hat off to him.

I know he’s thinning a bit on top, but he’s not getting my hat.

8 minutes ago, WAWAWUTO17 said:

Has he recently just moved to Dore? I know he used to live in Birmingham for quite a while but recently noticed his posts being in Dore. To be that is a good sign of a man who is settled with his family. Why risk a move to another club? 

Openly said as well in the past how being at places like Palace but not playing killed him, then joining us and being integral has made him enjoy football like he never had before. 

He's now captain, young family here, heartbeat of the club, still gotta tip your hat to him if he signs because im sure he'd get a pretty decent last contract elsewhere as a free agent. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Probably waiting for a decent offer.

Probably right. I'm not saying he's greedy, but his current contract is a legacy of past excess we currently can't afford, which probably makes for tricky negotiations.

He seems settled, plays regular games and knows he'll probably outlast the next few managers before he retires. However, on that point, it's probably his last playing contract so important for him to consider.

• Like 1

His statement was very positive ,saying it should be done in the next week or two,he referred to helping the younger players,maybe he sees his career moving into the coaching side of the game and hopefully with us

I can't fault Bannan for his commitment to the club, if he were to leave in the summer I certainly wouldn't blame him.

Under normal circumstances he'd 100% be off, but with the whole covid situation and a baby daughter to worry about, I think he's probably at least considering staying put.