Could the south of England host the Euros?

12 stadiums originally planned, dotted round Europe. Surely that won't happen? If it is to go ahead it will surely be with limited spectators. If, by the end of this season we have already tested the safety of stadiums on limited capacities, surely London and surrounding areas is the only option?

Wembley

Emirates

Spurs

Chelsea

West Ham

Brentford

Reading

Southampton

Brighton

All modern stadiums in a 60 mile radius.

Or, should it just be scrapped?

UEFA meet early March with their plan for the Euros. This gives them chance to hear from all venue countries on how their Covid plans are progressing.

With our vaccine roll-out going so well already, It looks like Wembley's fixtures are pretty secure. The final, both semis and a round of 16. Plus our group games.

The only variable is fans. Either a percentage of the capacity or none.

Another reason for the March decision is to refund fans for tickets, or notify them of venue changes.

UEFA produced a new set of T's & C's and in those if a venue is changed but you can't get to the new one, you lose your money!!

Ironically, come the summer, we could be the best vaccinated country (UK) in Europe. 

I could see a scenario where the whole thing was moved here. 

Don't even begin to ask me how incoming fans would be accepted regarding the virus.........or vice versa us going there.

All I know is: SAGA are now running coach holidays abroad because they know everyone in their catchment group will be safe!

:duntmatter:

8 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

12 stadiums originally planned, dotted round Europe. Surely that won't happen? If it is to go ahead it will surely be with limited spectators. If, by the end of this season we have already tested the safety of stadiums on limited capacities, surely London and surrounding areas is the only option?

Wembley

Emirates

Spurs

Chelsea

West Ham

Brentford

Reading

Southampton

Brighton

All modern stadiums in a 60 mile radius.

Or, should it just be scrapped?

You could actually just do a London competition there are that many good stadiums there.

It’ll never happen due to the loss in finances but I’d scrap it completely and just host the next one in 2024. I’d extend the domestic and European season by 4 weeks and give the players a decent rest before another season and world cup year. The workload on the top players is already ridiculous at the moment without any international football. Just look at the number of injuries knocking about. 

On 22/01/2021 at 10:03, HighworthOwl said:

Make it 5 a side and play it in a sports hall. 

One venue for all games.

I bet Belgium would have an awesome 5 a side team. 

I like this.

The old gymnasium with that football which looks like a giant tennis ball.

Constant squeaking of people's trainers.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, The only way is S6 said:

UEFA has extended it's decision about the finals into April now. They still genuinely want all 12 host cities to host their scheduled games. Seems a tad optimistic to me. 

Failing this, I can see more games coming here, considering the early success of our vaccination programme.

If they're making a decision in April, that would suggest they're already working on a contingency plan